vs Arunas Andriuskevicius
vs Simon Biyong

• Biyong has the potential but he is not ready, yet
  • Andriuskevicius probably gets beaten
  • McGeary probably gets beatan
  • Viktor Nemkov probably gets beaten
  • Albertksson has the potential but he is not ready, yet
  • Polizzi probably gets beaten
  • Anglickas has the potential and would be interesting to see the fight but I think they should keep developing Anglickas and let Corey have his title shot soon, just in the spirit of keeping the LHW division rolling.
  • Lyoto Machida is a bad match up for Corey but it has all the making to be a boring fight so I'm not very interested. I would much rather see Machida fight Manhoef.
  • Ryan Bader is probably moving permanently to HW but I do think he would have a close match with Corey.
  • Phil Davis has all the making to be a boring fight but is something that can happen in the future and I think Corey can take a decision.
  • Nemkov dismantles Corey ITD

Biyong, Andriuskevicius, Nemkov, Albertksson, and Polizzi have not earned a fight against Corey, although, to be fair neither did Manhoef...

• Biyong has the potential but he is not ready, yet
  • Andriuskevicius probably gets beaten
  • McGeary probably gets beatan
  • Viktor Nemkov probably gets beaten
  • Albertksson has the potential but he is not ready, yet
  • Polizzi probably gets beaten
  • Anglickas has the potential and would be interesting to see the fight but I think they should keep developing Anglickas and let Corey have his title shot soon, just in the spirit of keeping the LHW division rolling.
  • Lyoto Machida is a bad match up for Corey but it has all the making to be a boring fight so I'm not very interested. I would much rather see Machida fight Manhoef.
  • Ryan Bader is probably moving permanently to HW but I do think he would have a close match with Corey.
  • Phil Davis has all the making to be a boring fight but is something that can happen in the future and I think Corey can take a decision.
  • Nemkov dismantles Corey ITD
Biyong, Andriuskevicius, Nemkov, Albertksson, and Polizzi have not earned a fight against Corey, although, to be fair neither did Manhoef...
I agree with most you said. Anglickas is also a bad matchup for Corey. Strong as fuck, great boxing and decent TDD, he also has good reversals so he will not get stuck on bottom for a long time. Davis also has better wrestling than Corey imo and a much better chin. He just needs to stay active and he wins that fight 8/10.

I agree with most you said. Anglickas is also a bad matchup for Corey. Strong as fuck, great boxing and decent TDD, he also has good reversals so he will not get stuck on bottom for a long time. Davis also has better wrestling than Corey imo and a much better chin. He just needs to stay active and he wins that fight 8/10.
Anglickas is HUGE for a LHW, he probably walks around 230-235. He has dismantled Jordan Young and now has dismantled Alex Polizzi, he was freaking impressive yesterday. From the past Bellator events, Anglickas, Vanderford, Rosta, Homasi, Eblen, and Mowry have looked phenomenal. What do they all have in common? They are all from the upper weight classes (save for Homasi), which is a very good indication for Bellator. They need the most talent they can get for those thin AF upper weight classes.

He beats everybody there but the top 5. Those are toss ups.

How do you see these fights going?

vs Vadim Nemkov
vs Phil Davis
vs Ryan Bader
vs Lyoto Machida
vs Julius Anglickas
vs Alex Polizzi
vs Karl Albrektsson
vs Viktor Nemkov
vs Liam McGeary
vs Arunas Andriuskevicius
vs Simon Biyong
Nemkov - I mean, Anderson has length on Nemkov, that will help him. This is a close fight, I think they're relatively evenly matched in most areas.
Davis - Another relatively even match, Davis probably has wrestling by a bit and Anderson has striking.
Bader - I think on the skills like wrestling and striking Bader is better but I think Anderson is more physical, explosive, better gas tank. Could see Anderson winning.
Machida - Interesting matchup since Machida is hard to shoot on with his kicks. But if you just leg kick Machida for 15 minutes you'll win by decision so Anderson.
Anglickas - this is a harder matchup. In that he's like Stipe. He's a wrestler with elite (speaking relative to MMA) boxing. He does tend to gas late. If Anglickas can stuff takedowns early and pepper Anderson with punches, then he wins the fight.
Polizzi - wrestler on wrestler. Polizzi might actually be the better wrestler but he needs to decide if he's a MW or a LHW, and if he's a LHW, he needs to bulk up.
Albrektsson etc - loses to Anderson

He’s probably the 5th or 6th best in the division. Like he was in UF,”C. Overall, I think he’s outside the top 10. I’d probably pick Machida to beat him.

Vadim Nemkov - I favour Nemkov if he fights the way he fought against Bader, but I'm not discounting the possibility that Corey could put him on his back repeatedly and 50-45 him.

Phil Davis - I think the wrestling is a wash and I think Corey is probably slightly better on the feet, I'd slightly favour Corey.

Ryan Bader - Not sure, I think a prime Bader beats Corey as he's good enough to nullify his wrestling and has more power, but he really looked like he'd lost a step to me in the Nemkov fight having spent so much time at HW.

Lyoto Machida - Prime Machida beats him I think, but he isn't quick enough now. Comfortable 30-27 through top contrrol.

Julius Anglickas - Not sure, Anglickas is a wild card.

Alex Polizzi - I really like Polizzi but he's too small and wouldn't be able to impose his wrestling on Corey, Polizzi needs to cut to MW.

Karl Albrektsson - Looks exactly like the Phil Davis fight against Karl, easy night for Corey.

Viktor Nemkov - Viktor isn't as good as Vadim, Corey wins everywhere.

Liam McGeary - Easy 30-27 for Corey via wrestling.

Arunas Andriuskevicius - Hasn't fought even close to Corey level of competition, would be a ridiculous step up.

Simon Biyong - Not ready for the likes of Corey

I would expect him to be a considerable favorite against any but the top three. I favor him to beat anyone other than Vad, and I'd bet him in that fight if I got decent odds.

Who cares about everyone on that list except Bader, Nemkov and Davis. They are the only LHW who he wouldnt easily beat.

Loses to Nemkov, could beat that version of Bader that showed up vs Nemkov and Davis but both those fights arent gimmies. Davis could be a problem.

Back