• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Copa Podio HW GP discussion

LMAO. Vinny is collecting checks at this point. I really don't think he cares that much anymore. He's using his name to get a few more checks. But if he was smarter, he would at least keep winning so his stock stays high. Metamoris he looked uninterested. Copa he's looked uninterested. If he goes to ADCC and looks bored, his definitely hurting his brand and those juicy checks are gonna dry up.

Spriggs was on Vinny's back with a hook in, a minute left and an advantage, working a choke, Vinny looked like he was thinking about what he was gonna have for breakfast the next morning.

OK stream's back again, looking at an empty mat.

Did Milton Vieira have his match already?

I have no idea. I want to see Lo's match, and Gregor Gracie, and Felipe Pena, and I don't know what they're up to.

Alright, Gregor vs. Daniel Moraes is next.

Nice single leg to backtake by Gregor.

Gregor's up 8-0 after moving from back to mount. Working that arm-triangle

Moraes escaped to a scramble and ended up in Gregor's guard. Gregor swept, passed to half then mount.

Gregor is dominating. Up 14-0.

And Moraes just quit. Literally. Gregor was moving to lock up an arm-triangle and Moraes just tapped and walked off the mat.

EDIT: Stream hasn't quit since. Hopefully everything's good now.

Semifinals. Spriggs vs. Preguica.

Spriggs up an advantage but Pena working the ankle lock and the back take.

Also, damn if the commentary isn't on Pena's jock right now...and Pena gets 2 points for the sweep...even though they're both working leglocks?

Pena wins 2-0

Last edited:
Second semifinal. Honorio vs. Erberth

LOTTA stalling in the standup right now, good on the ref for penalizing them.

And then Honorio with the drop seoinage for 2...and then 2 more minutes of Honorio sitting in Erberth's closed guard for ANOTHER penalty. Both guys awarded points, 4-2 Honorio.

Last edited:
Jesus fuck Erberth is stalling this match out with his closed guard. Cross collar grip, occasionally opening his guard to bait something but then locking it back up as soon as Honorio moves.

Honorio wins, 4-2.

Finally, Milton Vieira vs. Goiti Yamauchi. WAR MILTINHO!

"No boring matches" he says...after the stall-fest that just happened.

Yamauchi pulls guard, working butterfly. Spinning almost-cartwheel pass attempt by Vieira but no dice.

Vieira is pressuring Yamauchi's guard and shutting down the sweep attempts but not able to pass.

Last edited:
Yamauchi working high guard, Vieira penalized for stalling.

Yamauchi armbar attempt as Vieira stands up in his guard, Vieira escapes and works the tripod ankle lock and gets an advantage, cancelling out the earlier stall penalty. Still 0-0.

Time's up, Vieira wins by ref's decision.

Last edited:
what is up with all these stalling matches now a days.

Dont understand why people dont go out there and just go for it. If you lose trying stuff then I can appreciate it, but if you win by stalling I just cant be on board with that bs.

OK, Lo vs. Moraes, and I think the stream just died again.

EDIT: It's not the stream. My wi-fi's fucking up.

Back