Cool Russian Heavy Bag

beaglepuss

Newbietown Mod
@purple
Reaction score
I was browsing Facebook when I came across an interesting heavy bag. It looked like a European-style maize bag. The bag had a website listed on it, and it turns out it’s from Russian. It’s about 50 or so pounds. Great bag, and one you don’t see much of in The States. The top of the bag is the most interesting part. I don’t know that I’ve seen a bag with the metal piece at the top before.

Thought it was worth a share.

Anyone else have any odd-ball bags?03DDD43F-D1F9-424E-B7BD-51B6DBCAFB66.jpeg1C551CAE-478A-4D5E-910C-5B52A3AC2161.jpg

Not sure why that pic is rotated, but it should still give you an idea of scale.

I was browsing Facebook when I came across an interesting heavy bag. It looked like a European-style maize bag. The bag had a website listed on it, and it turns out it’s from Russian. It’s about 50 or so pounds. Great bag, and one you don’t see much of in The States. The top of the bag is the most interesting part. I don’t know that I’ve seen a bag with the metal piece at the top before.

Thought it was worth a share.

Anyone else have any odd-ball bags?View attachment 764859View attachment 764860
Looks interesting and well built. I can't decide whether I like the fastener piece or not. Did you buy it or are those pictures from the listing?

tear-drop-boxing-bag-online-4ft-1.jpg

idk Just seems like a Muay Thai teardrop bag to me. Nothing special and very common. Though the mount is certainly interesting on the ones you pictured.

4811f51c938014abfb88ff9fb4e7566f.jpg

I’ve owned 100+ heavy bags over the years, including a number of tear drop bags. The shape, size, and build of this bag is considerably different. While it’s closer in design to a teardrop bag than that of a traditional Thai bag, it’s definitely not the same.

Looks interesting and well built. I can't decide whether I like the fastener piece or not. Did you buy it or are those pictures from the listing?
The sideways picture is mine, the other one is from the listing.

I’m in the process of moving some bags to allow for more “social distancing” once gyms in the area begin to reopen. I’m taking half the bags in the upstairs portion of the gym and bringing them downstairs. 25 up/25 down, with at least six feet between each bag.

I don’t know what the restrictions will look like once we’re allowed to reopen, but I figure this puts me in a good spot at the very least.

Back