cool mount set up, but need help

zicherja

White Belt
Reaction score
what are some submissions you can go for when in mount and you force opponents arm acorss their face and bring your arm around their head and grap their wrist (I don't know the name of this move)

I just learned to take their back from that postion and go for choke.

it seems like an excellent positon and quite stable.

any other subs that you can transition into?

the position ur talking about sounds alot like the "mata leon" or "lion killer" position and from there i usually take the back as well, however, if you dont like rnc you can also do an armbar from this position

Once you manage to secure that position, you can finish with a choke right there. You pull their arm tight around one side of their neck and slide your forearm in the other side to choke. I always called this a cobra choke (cobras don't constrict but I guess the guy kind of looks like a cobra reared up).

Also, you can take the back or armbar. And in MMA, you can deliver a savage beating.

Head and arm triangle/three-point choke (whatever you want to call it),
Take the back, into a RNC etc
Armbar,
Choke them with their own arm (no idea what it's called, and I haven't got it to work on more experienced guys),
Kimura,

There are probably plenty more...

A triangle is very easy to get, even if they try roll out when you get high mount.

I figured there were armbar, triangle and kimura transitions.

I just don't know the best way to transtion. For example, which arm do you armbar, the arm your holding under their head or do you go for the other arm; if it is the arm under their head, do you let go of the arm first? technique details would be helpful.

same for the trianlge. Do you mean mounted triangle? Which leg goes under the head? I'm assuming its the leg opposite your opponent's trapped arm?

I can't even think about how to get kimura unless you completely let go of the postion?

zicherja said:
I figured there were armbar, triangle and kimura transitions.

I just don't know the best way to transtion. For example, which arm do you armbar, the arm your holding under their head or do you go for the other arm; if it is the arm under their head, do you let go of the arm first? technique details would be helpful.

same for the trianlge. Do you mean mounted triangle? Which leg goes under the head? I'm assuming its the leg opposite your opponent's trapped arm?

I can't even think about how to get kimura unless you completely let go of the postion?

Armbar: get it on the arm you have trapped. Just keep the grip, put your other arm through to wrap their arm up and then bring your leg over the head. You can put bodyweight down onto the trapped arm's elbow to turn them slightly and make it easier.

Triangle: step up over their free arm, and then roll that way into a triangle. Or lift the opponent and get the triangle while still in mount.

Kimura: get the figure-four grip. Bring the foot the opposite side to the arm you have trapped across their body, then step all the way around (over their head) with the other leg (you can post on the arm you have trapped). The leg you have over their body you then need to put your foot to the floor and bring your knee up.

It's way harder to describe these than to show them.

I used the armbar in no-gi training on Tuesday. Once you've got the arm trapped it's pretty hard for the opponent to get out, so just take your time and look for an opening.

i think it's best to sidechoke them from there. kinda what bj did to ludwig.

Yeah I'd say just go for the arm triangle right there. Or you can sit up the Rigan Machado twister from there.

Yeah, side choke would be my first choice, but it's always a good idea to have options available.

that crucifix is nasty; I wouldn't even want to try that on any of my partners; too easy to cause neck injuries. I can see an easy armbar after the arm is stretched out however by just bringing the other leg over the head.

Back