Multiplatform Contra: Operation Galuga

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is exactly the kinda classic gaming with a new coat of paint for modern consoles & gaming standards that gets me hyped.

4.5 Minute Preview

Full 15 Minute Demo

1.5 Minute Character Trailer

Release Date : March 12th.
Will be on practically everything, including Switch though some YouTube video titles imply there's some problems so be sure to check them out before you buy.

Looking forward to checking out the full reviews when it releases, with the expectation I'll be buying it in the near future.

I enjoyed the PlayStation demo; back to franchise roots. Has pricing been announced yet?

I enjoyed the PlayStation demo; back to franchise roots. Has pricing been announced yet?

XBox Marketplace has it slated for $36, including preorder bonuses.

But with that price I'll be expecting plenty of levels with multiple preplayability options.

I'm reminded of Streets of Rage 4. It had a pretty short campaign with only 12 levels, that could be blown through in roughly 45 minutes, but it had 8 playable characters, and unlockable older versions of classic characters from all previous games... and it has a horde mode.

I probably have 50 hours playtime in it.

Konami did very well with Streets of Rage 4.
Hopefully they'll do well with this new/classic Contra.

idk looks like it belongs on mobile

XBox Marketplace has it slated for $36, including preorder bonuses.

But with that price I'll be expecting plenty of levels with multiple preplayability options.

I'm reminded of Streets of Rage 4. It had a pretty short campaign with only 12 levels, that could be blown through in roughly 45 minutes, but it had 8 playable characters, and unlockable older versions of classic characters from all previous games... and it has a horde mode.

I probably have 50 hours playtime in it.

Konami did very well with Streets of Rage 4.
Hopefully they'll do well with this new/classic Contra.

Sega created Streets of Rage, not Konami.

Wayforward is developing this new Contra and I liked the demo, but the Switch version unfortunately has a problem with input lag.

This is what I was thinking. Hard to get excited for it because of this. These HD versions of old games always give off that vibe. Probably would've been better to stick with retro style graphics.

This is what I was thinking. Hard to get excited for it because of this. These HD versions of old games always give off that vibe. Probably would've been better to stick with retro style graphics.
2.5D HD graphics are where it's at. Retro graphics hurt my eyes.

This game does look cool, will check it out

2.5D HD graphics are where it's at. Retro graphics hurt my eyes.

This game does look cool, will check it out
I can count on my hand the number of mobile games I've ever played, so that 'it looks like a mobile game!' sounds more like a compliment of modern mobile games than an insult to this new Contra game.

The demo was a pleasant surprise. I love this franchise but rogue corps was absolute garbage so wasn’t expecting much out of this. Way Forward is legit though. Will buy it on a discount. Too much out now and I feel like 40 dollars is asking for a lot. Most likely will wait for it to hit 20

The price is absolutely ridiculous. Just grab "Hard Corps: Uprising" for a few bucks instead.
Yeah, when I was playing the demo, I was very curious how they'd price it. 20€ was my fair play estimate, so 2x that just completely overshoots and misreads the target audience for what this is, IMO.

Back