Considering Barao best p4p is totally weird

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I dont care how many years he is unbeaten,his only legit opponents are Faber and Macdonald,Renan is great no doubt but comparing him against Jones is weird...Jones only fought the very best of the best...

Yes, Jones is clearly ahead of him and I don't even like the guy.

#1 is Aldo or Jones. I have no idea how Barao has become more well regarded than Jose.

I agree, just cos Barao has finished 3 legit opponents doesn't make him #1

Debating a p4p list that contains a woman amongst men is also totally weird.

P4P is retarded no matter how one tries to justify the concept. It's pure fantasy. Wasteland material.

Doesn't matter, Aldo and Barao are both going to lose their next fights.

The 'Merikans are going to effectively clean sweep the championship.

And then I will win the lottery the next day.

#1 is Aldo or Jones. I have no idea how Barao has become more well regarded than Jose.

I think when people first realize a fighter's greatness they slightly overrate that fighter. Fans have come to see that Barao is truly great in the past year or so. Prior to that he was still overshadowed by the possible return of Cruz. So Barao is slightly overrated when compared to Aldo or Jones right now imo.

Considering that by most definitions P4P deals with accomplishment regardless of weight class, not "who would beat who if they all weighed the same", yes, Barao isn't #1 P4P because he simply hasn't fought the same level of competition.

Because p4p takes skill into account with overall record/rank in division. Renan is more well rounded and is also unbeaten like Jones. I agree he hasn't really been tested. I think people are slightly down on Jon after his boxing was exposed in the Gus fight, and he has gone the distance his last few fights while Barao is finishing guys in the first and 2nd round like a prime Anderson.

Considering that by most definitions P4P deals with accomplishment regardless of weight class, not "who would beat who if they all weighed the same", yes, Barao isn't #1 P4P because he simply hasn't fought the same level of competition.

I remember very well that once Miguel Torres was cinsidered best p4p because of his 34-1(or something like that)record and after facing better opponents we all know what happened

P4P is retarded no matter how one tries to justify the concept. It's pure fantasy. Wasteland material.

Yeah, pretty much. But whatever...Batman defeats Superman with planning and all that other shiz with a z.

Yeah, pretty much. But whatever...Batman defeats Superman with planning and all that other shiz with a z.

Wonder Woman by armbar to both Batman & Superman.

Because p4p takes skill into account with overall record/rank in division. Renan is more well rounded and is also unbeaten like Jones. I agree he hasn't really been tested. I think people are slightly down on Jon after his boxing was exposed in the Gus fight, and he has gone the distance his last few fights while Barao is finishing guys in the first and 2nd round like a prime Anderson.

Barao is not unbeaten.

Wonder Woman by armbar to both Batman & Superman.

There's no way a woman with jugs that big can fight effectively.

well its only come about recently because Dana started saying it. and he only says it because he realises Barao isn't marketable so is trying to up the hype a little more. Bones is far and away #1 p4p. id put Aldo next but after that, its a coin toss. Barao isn't #1 though

Back