Conor vs. Khabib

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of posters saying that they believe the UFC is protecting Conor by saying no to Khabib and his team in regards to him replacing RDA for UFC 196. Khabib hasn't fought in about 2 years, he already has a fight lined up against El Cucuy and would likely earn a title shot with a win. If Conor is to fight for and win a 155 lb interim title, doesn't this still put him and Khabib's paths on a collision course? If anything it seems to me that the UFC is trying to protect Khabib and his perfect record by giving him a warm up fight instead of an immediate title shot.

Allowing Conor to fight at 155 lbs in the first place is a strange way to go about "Protecting" him.

thoughts?

i think making an entire thread when there are literally 50 threads you could have posted this message in was useless.

the ufc aren't protecting anything but their assets. they want to make a shit ton of money and the best way to do that is not by dismantling a fox card or giving conor an opponent that casuals have never heard of

Conor could very easily catch Khabib coming in since Khabib comes in wreckless with his punches but then again Khabib could very easily out grapple Conor. I would have to go with Khabib in that fight but if the ufc wants to match them up this is the time.

i think making an entire thread when there are literally 50 threads you could have posted this message in was useless.

the ufc aren't protecting anything but their assets. they want to make a shit ton of money and the best way to do that is not by dismantling a fox card or giving conor an opponent that casuals have never heard of
useless, yet you came here and posted anyway...

Conor could very easily catch Khabib coming in since Khabib comes in wreckless with his punches but then again Khabib could very easily out grapple Conor. I would have to go with Khabib in that fight but if the ufc wants to match them up this is the time.
I think the fight is going to happen either way, but not at 196.

i thought you might have new info so i clicked the thread. didn't know it was just you rehashing the same old stuff
Are there other posters suggesting that the UFC is protecting Khabib in all of this and not Conor? I haven't seen any yet today if there is...

I wouldn't call Ferguson a 'warm up' fight. Dude is a legit threat.

I wouldn't call Ferguson a 'warm up' fight. Dude is a legit threat.
Khabib will destroy Ferguson. Ferguson has no idea what he's getting into with Khabib. Ferguson's best win is over Josh Thomson, Khabib is on a whole different level than Thomson.

Khabib will destroy Ferguson. Ferguson has no idea what he's getting into with Khabib. Ferguson's best win is over Josh Thomson, Khabib is on a whole different level than Thomson.
I love Khabib and have been saying he'll be 155 champ for a long time now. But he's been off for 2 years, and all that time Ferguson has been fighting and getting better. I'm picking Khabib to win, but I don't think it'll be easy.

I love Khabib and have been saying he'll be 155 champ for a long time now. But he's been off for 2 years, and all that time Ferguson has been fighting and getting better. I'm picking Khabib to win, but I don't think it'll be easy.
IMO Khabib by one sided decision.

Khabib is so guaranteed to beat Conor (as long as he's 90% of what he used to be), it's just a foregone conclusion. It's not if, but when he's gonna be able to beat him.

Khabib is so guaranteed to beat Conor (as long as he's 90% of what he used to be), it's just a foregone conclusion. It's not if, but when he's gonna be able to beat him.
I can't necessarily disagree

Back