Conor threw that first left hand like the Goat

I felt Conor was making an attempt at the fastest KO- he doesn’t like the shine masvidal got from that record

Worked out better that he didn't get it. Would have been cool and all but we got to see a few more of his skills, shoulder strikes and headkicks which I don't think I've seen since his featherweight days.

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif
Thought TS was talking about this. Glad someone else posted it.

That's the difference between a real fighter who can think on their feet vs someone who only knows what to do inside a controlled training environment.

They both landed the same knee too but Conor obviously threw the knee while Gall dived into Punk's knee. If Punk lifted his leg instead of going "oh shit" he might've win ala Mas v Askren. I wonder what Punk was thinking when he saw Conor v Cowboy lol.

He missed by a mile and has proven he has slowed down.

Not something to brag about. This is why he looks old now.

I knew this opening looked familiar ↑↑↑ ↓↓↓

nrUzlhSO4ggj6yM7o3IqiX9C4zBzLJ6x2VR2zGysnbU.gif
Hard to believe the then nob Mickey Gall was able to execute the td from the same position, yet the long time veteran Cowboy somehow whiffed it...

giphy.gif
Interesting...
Conor threw the knee which knocked cowboy back upright and Conor immediately grabbed underhook and I don't think Cowboy was even attempting a take down. Just ducked to avoid the punch.

I knew this opening looked familiar ↑↑↑ ↓↓↓

nrUzlhSO4ggj6yM7o3IqiX9C4zBzLJ6x2VR2zGysnbU.gif
Hard to believe the then nob Mickey Gall was able to execute the td from the same position, yet the long time veteran Cowboy somehow whiffed it...

giphy.gif
Interesting...

You’ve cracked the code, you’re not safe now. They will be coming for you.

Conor threw the knee which knocked cowboy back upright and Conor immediately grabbed underhook and I don't think Cowboy was even attempting a take down. Just ducked to avoid the punch.

Conor didn’t grab the undertook Cowboy did. Then Cowboy didn’t do anything with it besides let Conor create separation while he just stood their.

Thought TS was talking about this. Glad someone else posted it.

That's the difference between a real fighter who can think on their feet vs someone who only knows what to do inside a controlled training environment.

They both landed the same knee too but Conor obviously threw the knee while Gall dived into Punk's knee. If Punk lifted his leg instead of going "oh shit" he might've win ala Mas v Askren. I wonder what Punk was thinking when he saw Conor v Cowboy lol.

Good point. Not sure if it was a wise decision by Micky to go for the takedown due small chance he could have caught a knee. Surely you'd feel 100% confident of winning a standup battle so why gamble that he won't raise the knee.

He didn't "throw the knee" That was just momentum from the punch. The only knee he threw was after he landed the head kick. Do you guys even train? Go throw a lunging straight punch in your basement right now and see what happens/\

FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif
SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Probably because of Conors amazingly athletic levitating Take Down Defense. Watch again
SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Or just maybe because Cerrone pulled back on securing the leg with the more than free hand to stop levitation and pull him down with gravity...

Or just maybe because Cerrone pulled back on securing the leg with the more than free hand to stop levitation and pull him down with gravity...

He ducked into Conor's thigh that kept him back and then the athletic ability was too much for Donald to even get a grip. It happened really fast, the gif is in slo motion

Last edited:

Yet found himself in the perfect position for a take down attempt. Cowboy is alot of things but fight stupid is usually not one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back