Conor "The irish hand grenade" McGregor?

Cat Biscuits

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
After rewatching some of Nates older fights, it was eerie to see how similar Nate Diaz vs Marcus Davis played out.

Davis being a big power puncher and doing some damage to Diaz early on, but of course Diaz finds his rhythm and range in the 2nd round and ends up pouring on the pain, which eventually leads to a submission win.

Even more impressive is that it was at welterweight with a larger guy who hits harder than Conor does. Diaz held his own and turned his face into hamburger.

Sure, anything can happen, but man Conor has his work cut out for him if he's going to play around for 5 rounds with Diaz, who only seems to get better as the fight goes on. Conor better land that perfect punch early on if he intends to win.

Marcus landed a lot early in that fight and dropped him once I think? Been a long time since I seen it. But Marcus head shitty head movement in that fight, Nate was able to land at will as the fight went on. Awesome finish qs well. Fun fight

I haven't seen this fight in years. I'll have to rewatch it. Cheers

That cat didn't seem to land nearly as many punches as Conor did. Nate wasn't wearing a crimson mask by the end either.

Looks like Nate slipped more than he was knocked down. No visible damage from the first "knockdown" of the fight or indication that Nate was affected by it.

Marcus Davis didn't deserve the nickname anyway. He was raised in Bangor Maine. He's about as Irish as Stephen King.

That cat didn't seem to land nearly as many punches as Conor did. Nate wasn't wearing a crimson mask by the end either.
Because Marcus didnt cut Nate open. Being cut doesn't indicate that massive damage was done. Kenny Florian use to cut his opponents with short elbows that had no chance of producing a KO, yet a big chance of producing lots of blood.

Also, check out fightmetric. Seems Davis landed 23 sig strikes in Round 1, and Conor landed 28 sig strikes in Rd 1. Conor only landed 5 more punches on Diaz by comparison.

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/17a8fbfbe8d32258

Marcus Davis didn't deserve the nickname anyway. He was raised in Bangor Maine. He's about as Irish as Stephen King.
"He's not Irish. His website looks like an explosion in a St. Patrick's Day gift shop." --- Dan Hardy. That always cracked me up. In all honestly, up here in the Boston-Northeast area there are a ton of people of Irish heritage and while on one hand it's easy to say they're Americans, not Irish, it's not so easy to deny the influence of Irish immigrants here. You go to South Boston and every person is named McSomething or their name ends in -van, pubs are on every corner, hell many have Irish accents. That Irish fighter Cathal Pendred was born in Boston and moved to Ireland. The Boston-Northern New England culture is heavily influenced by the Irish, so while their nationality may be American, many people from certain neighborhoods and communities are most definitely culturally Irish.

It really comes down to how you perceive culture and nationality. Clearly Davis wasn't saying he's a born and raised citizen of Ireland, but that he was raised in an ethnically Irish area by an Irish family. Illegal immigrants aside, would you not say people from East Los Angeles are culturally Mexican? Would you say Canadians living in Nova Scotia, which literally means "New Scotland" are not culturally Scottish? Hell, they still speak Scots-gaelic up there, but "technically" it's in Canada.

The UFC actually had to change his nickname to "The Celtic Warrior" a couple of years ago when he fought on the Dublin and Belfast cards so it wouldn't piss people off lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back