• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor says Dustin doesn't belong in HOF

Cowboy has records like most wins in Zuffa history. Dustin does not.

Neither should be there for the simple fact they never became champion, in spite of numerous attempts, but it's a bad comparison as Cerrone does have company records.

I don't think title status is a in/out criteria, imho. I think Jim Miller, Nate/Nick Diaz, Cerrone, Stephan Bonnar, Wanderlei Silva, Chael Sonnen, and others should be in despite not winning the title due to their accolades other than the title, some of them being longevity, some of them just being excellent fight streaks or impact on the sport in general.

I'm still flabbergasted at the disrespect for how elite Eddie was and also flabbergasted at how people think Dustin is top 3 LW of all time!? Jesus Christ.

There are no rules or criteria about who qualifies for the Hall of Fame. Dustin may have only held an interim title, but his record of wins is arguably greater than most people who have held the title. And he has beat many champs, like Alvarez, Pettis, McGregor, Holloway...

Also, what a scumbag thing to try to take away from another fighter. Why would you care? It's a symbolic act that doesn't affect you in any way. It's a recognition to someone who has left a mark in the sport. Dustin is widely loved. Goes to show that, on top of everything, Conor is a petty asshole.

Oh, and Dustin destroyed him.

Last edited:
so by your stupid criteria, Pettis is a better LW than Dustin, even tho Dustin has way better wins than him and destroyed Pettis when they fought? Lmao. Name me 5 LWs with a better RESUME than Dustin Poirier. I’ll wait

By my stupid criteria? The criteria being that you won the title in the division and then defended it multiple fucking times?

You want the 5 lightweights with a better resume than Dustin? I already did.

Khabib
BJ
Benson
Edgar
Charles

I didn't even have to touch Pettis, RDA, Pulver, or Sherk, since Charles won the title and defended it by destroying the guy you claimed was 3rd best all time.

Your position is indefensible and disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

<{hfved}>

Even worse about your absolute disrespect for Pettis:

• Only one title defense, but also WEC champion
• Wins over prime: Benson, Gilbert, Nate, Cerrone, Lauzon, Stephens (20-6 at the time)
• Losses to UFC HOF level fighters, UFC champions

His resume is top notch, and Dustin didn't beat him until his run at the top of WEC and the UFC LW divisions as champion, 2 years his younger. Pettis went 5-7 after losing to Dustin, but I guess Dustin got the best version of Pettis, right? Like Tito fighting Chuck recently? :rolleyes:

There is no rules about who qualified for the Hall of Fame. Dustin may have only held an interim title but his record of wins if greater than most people who have held the title.

There have been 12 UFC Lightweight champions.

• 4 of them have 3 title defenses
• 1 of them has 2 title defenses
• 1 of them, with 1 title defense, finished Dustin in his title defense.
One of the champions with 3 title defenses finished Dustin in a title defense.
One of the champions, with 0 defenses, finished him when Dustin had more fights and more UFC appearances than him when he lost.

That's 6 of them, not including Conor who beat him at FW...two of which with title defense wins over Dustin, out of 12 champions. How, again, does Dustin have a better record of wins than most of those who held the title when half of the champions are described above...? That doesn't even include those that won the title and defended it, that you're saying Dustin has a better resume than. Better resume how? By losing title fights and beating former featherweight champions?

Last edited:
Meanwhile...

MS.jpg

Conor is just salty that Dustin managed to knock him out cold and beat him twice.
Dustin is absolutely going in the HOF, dude always has awesome fights at the highest level of the sport.

Never knocked him out and only beat him once.

Doctor stoppage is not a legitimate victory.

Dustin is a hall of famer, I say this as a guy who thinks Conor was easily beating him until the leg injury and that his wins came mostly because of the leg complications which were cause by not only Dustin. This still doesn’t mean much when you look at his career, it is great. Title would be nice, but hey, I think it is still good enough for HOF.

Conor should be able to see that and not act like this.

Only leg injuries stopped Conor.

By my stupid criteria? The criteria being that you won the title in the division and then defended it multiple fucking times?

You want the 5 lightweights with a better resume than Dustin? I already did.

Khabib
BJ
Benson
Edgar
Charles

I didn't even have to touch Pettis, RDA, Pulver, or Sherk, since Charles won the title and defended it by destroying the guy you claimed was 3rd best all time.

Your position is indefensible and disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

<{hfved}>

There have been 12 UFC Lightweight champions.

• 4 of them have 3 title defenses
• 1 of them has 2 title defenses
• 1 of them, with 1 title defense, finished Dustin in his title defense.
One of the champions with 3 title defenses finished Dustin in a title defense.
One of the champions, with 0 defenses, finished him when Dustin had more fights and more UFC appearances than him when he lost.

That's 6 of them, not including Conor who beat him at FW...two of which with title defense wins over Dustin, out of 12 champions. How, again, does Dustin have a better record of wins than most of those who held the title when half of the champions are described above...? That doesn't even include those that won the title and defended it, that you're saying Dustin has a better resume than. Better resume how? By losing title fights and beating former featherweight champions?

how the hell does benson or Edgar or even BJ have a better resume than Dustin? Who gives a fuck about a belt, it’s about who you fight to get it. Seriously, why don’t you line up their LW wins side by side and you’ll feel pretty foolish. Charles is the 2nd best LW of all time btw, behind Khabib. Dustin is 3rd.

how the hell does benson or Edgar or even BJ have a better resume than Dustin? Who gives a fuck about a belt, it’s about who you fight to get it. Seriously, why don’t you line up their LW wins side by side and you’ll feel pretty foolish. Charles is the 2nd best LW of all time btw, behind Khabib. Dustin is 3rd.

Holy shit lol

Can I ask... would you agree that Dustin's best win is Max?

Remember when he used to fight & talk , those were fun days

Dustin is just a gatekeeper in the ufc and he was never a champion. Putting him in the hof is a joke.

Dustin is borderline if we go by merit but if a guy like Cowboy Cerrone is in then Dustin deserves to be in. I'm sure Masvidal amd Nate Diaz will get in as well.

Can I ask... would you agree that Dustin's best win is Max?

The reason I asked this, is because you denigrated BJ, Benson, and Frankie and said who cares if you won the title and defended it 3x like them? Dustin's names on his resume are more impressive. But his best win is Max, a featherweight.

Max's best win is, by far, Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo. Why? Because they had won titles in their division and defended it multiple times.

Sorry, Dustin beating Chandler at age 37, Eddie at age 34 after he already had the Bellator and UFC titles and lost them and went 2-3-2 once he fought Dustin, beating Pettis who was 2 years older than him and had already won the WEC/UFC titles and lost them then went 5-8 once he fought Dustin... Dustin beat who now? Bobby Green? Dan Hooker? Justin G 5 years ago before Justin starched him in the rematch? Conor who was way out of caring about winning in MMA (3-4 in the last 7 years), but when Conor was in his prime...he starched him? Max the featherweight with 0 LW UFC wins? Jim Miller the journeyman?

Sorry, but you try to prop Dustin's resume up with out of context names. He has beat no one in their prime. Every fighter he faces in their prime finishes him. Charles, Justin, Conor, Khabib, Cub Swanson, Michael fucking Johnson. Dustin is a great match maker who matches himself with guys on the backside of their career after they've already fought 30 times and been at the top and came back down. Every time he fights someone on the rise he gets absolutely smashed and outclassed. Check the records. He is not 3rd best LW of all time, he MAY be top 10.

Why is Conor a hall of famer if Poirier isn’t?

Conor’s only win at lightweight (Eddie) was matched by DP. Conor’s interim title win was matched by DP. One of DP’s two title fight losses (Khabib) was matched by Conor. When they went head to head, DP won 2-1.

Conor reached a higher high (dethroning Aldo) — for one fight. That’s basically it. And if he’d been forced to fight Gaethje 2x, Hooker, Chandler, Oliveira, etc., he’d be in a wheelchair right now.

lol at this bullshit.

The reason I asked this, is because you denigrated BJ, Benson, and Frankie and said who cares if you won the title and defended it 3x like them? Dustin's names on his resume are more impressive. But his best win is Max, a featherweight.

Max's best win is, by far, Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo. Why? Because they had won titles in their division and defended it multiple times.

Sorry, Dustin beating Chandler at age 37, Eddie at age 34 after he already had the Bellator and UFC titles and lost them and went 2-3-2 once he fought Dustin, beating Pettis who was 2 years older than him and had already won the WEC/UFC titles and lost them then went 5-8 once he fought Dustin... Dustin beat who now? Bobby Green? Dan Hooker? Justin G 5 years ago before Justin starched him in the rematch? Conor who was way out of caring about winning in MMA (3-4 in the last 7 years), but when Conor was in his prime...he starched him? Max the featherweight with 0 LW UFC wins? Jim Miller the journeyman?

Sorry, but you try to prop Dustin's resume up with out of context names. He has beat no one in their prime. Every fighter he faces in their prime finishes him. Charles, Justin, Conor, Khabib, Cub Swanson, Michael fucking Johnson. Dustin is a great match maker who matches himself with guys on the backside of their career after they've already fought 30 times and been at the top and came back down. Every time he fights someone on the rise he gets absolutely smashed and outclassed. Check the records. He is not 3rd best LW of all time, he MAY be top 10.

This is laughable cherry picking.

I hope Dustin never fights him again so the loss can eat at him his whole life.

Eddie at age 34 after he already had the Bellator and UFC titles and lost them and went 2-3-2 once he fought Dustin

I agree with some of your general points, but sometimes a particular loss is the one that breaks a fighter in a way they don't quite come back from, and is what triggers the subsequent downslide.

An example everyone agrees on: Ferguson after Gaethje. Tony's horrible record after Justin doesn't mean he was that bad when he fought Gaethje--it was the Justin fight that changed Tony.

Now, I'm not saying it's as clear that the last Dustin fight was the straw that broke the camel's back, but Eddie didn't really seem particularly diminished in the fights leading up to Poirier 2.

• Only one title defense, but also WEC champion
• Wins over prime: Benson, Gilbert, Nate, Cerrone, Lauzon, Stephens (20-6 at the time)
• Losses to UFC HOF level fighters, UFC champions

His resume is top notch, and Dustin didn't beat him until his run at the top of WEC and the UFC LW divisions as champion, 2 years his younger. Pettis went 5-7 after losing to Dustin, but I guess Dustin got the best version of Pettis, right? Like Tito fighting Chuck recently? :rolleyes:

Couple things: I agree with the broad scope of your posts but:

Nate Besmirched Pettis coming off a 3 year layoff what are you talking about?

You brought up Alvarez's post Dustin record as a way to delegitimize the win but labled Pettis' win over Gilbert as prime Gilbert when he went 0-4 post Pettis. Feels a little dishonest imo

And lol at including Lauzon and Stephens as big Pettis wins while simultaneouly dumping on Bobby Green and Dan Hooker.

You can argue Pettis having a better resume without being dishonest/hypocritical

Back