Conor probably won't go back to Featherweight

NBAFAN

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
He is going to like making weight at LW or WW. Also no need to go back to FW just to fight Edgar.

I think he caskets Frankie then calls it a day at FW

Definitely not in Calif after the IV ban.

He should stay at lw. He already cleaned fw......

He can't hold onto the belt if hes not defending it. I would not be surprised he gave it up if he won another title. He beaten most of the top 5 he could easily fight Edgar at 155 as a non title fight or for the 155 belt, if Conor won that?

True, he could fight Edgar at LW. Makes sense if he actually beat RDA so he doesn't have to cut down to FW.

He is in the Conor division, weight is irrelevant.

IMO... I don't see how he can hold the FW belt but not defend it his next fight. Win a belt, then immediately have two fights at weights other than your undefended title ? That's what it would be. This LW title fight fell through. It happens. Fight Nate, then defend or vacate. This was the argument of those that didn't want a two weight fighter holding belts. Seems pretty fuckin valid right now.

I think Conor vs Lawler at UFC 200 has some real legs if he destroys Diaz. Then Conor can say I can hang in at WW and go for glory vs Lawler. This way he can go for two weight Champ and more impressive is the weights are a lot different.

Conor doesn't seem keen on fighting RDA now, he might make up in his mind that RDA faked an injury and that he can't trust RDA to fight at UFC 200.

Last edited:
Did you get a look at the guy now? freaking huge. no chance he's going back to 145..

I think Conor vs Lawler at UFC 200 has some real legs if he destroys Diaz. Then Conor can say I can hang in at WW and go for glory vs Lawler. This way he can go for two weight Champ and more impressive is the weights are a lot different.

Conor doesn't seem keen on fighting RDA now, he might make up in his mind that RDA faked an injury and that he can't trust RDA to fight at UFC 200.

I understand the reason for the Conor hype train. Conor is a great fighter and belongs at LW. There is just no way he can beat Lawler. Lawler hits like a monster compared to Conor.

I don't think he has any intention of ever making that weight cut again

If he says that though they will take his belt from him so he isn't about to do that

The fact that he is cutting weight right now to fight at 170 should put his FW run into perspective.

Plenty of fighters have won a belt. But its the legends that have held onto it defense after defense after defense that are impressive.

And for those saying he's already cleared out the division: not as champ he hasn't.

he cant make 45 anymore. hes just a megalomaniac that wants to hold up all the divisions until he gets clipped

13a2a8b73313a434da97c3541e405e91.jpg

So what if he holds up FW title? No one can beat him there. What is the point of winning a title if Conor would just go back and get it back? Hold up what? If Conor fights at FW he is the top dog. That is it.

Back