Conor McGregor's coach on beating Siver in UNDER 1 minute, Aldo, Welterweight

I like Conor and dude is a great striker but LOL at welterweight.

It'll look like Rory vs. Nate.
Conor plays the role of Nate

On the criticism of Conor McGregor being given beatable opponents and that he would lose to wrestlers such as Chad Mendes, Dennis Bermudez or Frankie Edgar:
"and when the fans see the likes of Cathal Pendred and the grappling pressure he can bring to a fight"

I stopped reading there. Pendred and his infamous grappling pressure :icon_lol:

On the criticism of Conor McGregor being given beatable opponents and that he would lose to wrestlers such as Chad Mendes, Dennis Bermudez or Frankie Edgar:
"and when the fans see the likes of Cathal Pendred and the grappling pressure he can bring to a fight"

I stopped reading there. Pendred and his infamous grappling pressure :icon_lol:

To be fair, Pendred's style is grapple heavy. He's not the best wrestler, but he's good.

Now we know who Jones has been doing cocaine with...
jones111.jpg

His coach is one deluded man. Ill tell you that.

delusional. but i guess you gotta have faith in your meal ticket.

I think we have cross the threshold from confidence to delusional. Siver is a very serious opponent and underestimating him could prove catastrophic. I do believe Conor will beat him rather easily but to predict a 1 minute stoppage is just silly.

He's right about the prediction

Conor trains ten rounds in a row against increasingly heavy fighters, each of his opponents gets one round then the next guy steps in. He's trained with Gunnar Nelson many many times. He could fight at Welterweight easily.

Just because you train with heavier guys doesn't mean you can move up in weight and expect to fight in the heavier class and have a lot of success in it.

For example, Rockhold trains with DC and Velasquez daily, do you think he would have success against bigger (in size and in overall build) guys? No.

McGregor would get crushed in some fight at LW, but most certainly he would lose quite frequently in WW, he is too small for the likes of Lombard, MacDonald, Lawler etc.

IF he beats Aldo, I would love to see him move up. I'm also glad to hear him talk about it

To be fair, Pendred's style is grapple heavy. He's not the best wrestler, but he's good.

He comes from a very high-level rugby background. Most of his peers went on to play professionally and win all kinds of trophies for club and country.

So his ability to drive opponents against the cage relentlessly and outmuscle them comes from his rugby I'd suspect. Same goes for his ability to take punishment. His base for MMA is rugby :icon_lol:

Aldo's days as a champ is almost up....savor it

Cocky, true. Delusional, maybe. If Connor takes Aldo's head off cleanly - who can disagree then?

Everything with Connor is upside.. If he accomplishes everything he says he's going to, it will be awesome to watch. If Siver derails the train it will be awesome to watch...

I love it when MMA becomes a win - win - win.

Nice try John. Training with someone who is great on the ground doesn't make you an elite ground fighter. Hell, training with anyone who is great in one area doesn't automatically make you great in that area. Junior dos Santos trained with Nogueira, yet his ground game is virtually non-existent. Josh Koscheck trained with Cain Velasquez, yet Kos has terrible GNP. Mayhem Miller trains at Kings MMA, I have yet to ever see striking from him that is on the level of effectiveness we see from Werdum or RDA. Ben Askren trains with Anthony Pettis, guess that means he's an elite striker.

I personally think that Conor doesn't have much to offer Jose Aldo. His wrestling is totally unknown whereas Aldo has had success with his takedowns in the past. Further, the guy eats leg kicks. Someone with this practice cannot hope to contend with the will of Jose Aldo.

I personally think that Conor doesn't have much to offer Jose Aldo. His wrestling is totally unknown whereas Aldo has had success with his takedowns in the past.

Further, the guy eats leg kicks. Someone with this practice cannot hope to contend with the will of Jose Aldo.

That's against Diego Brandao, not someone with good takedown defense like Aldo. Look at his actual UFC fights, he eats a pretty high percentage of kicks when his opponents bother to throw them.

Back