Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz predictions from Mayweather Boxing Club

Why should I care about the thoughts of a gym full of people who would be handled by a random high school wrestler?
This is one of the most common misconceptions in mma. Wrestlers can be, obviously, very effective with THE RIGHT TRAINING. But you can't take any high school wrestler and expect him to beat any striker worth a damn. I see it all the time at my gym. Wrestlers come in, try out some mma sparring, and get tentative as fuck the first time they get jabbed in the face. You actually have to learn to navigate around the strikes in order to take a guy down.

WOW, I'm shocked not all of them were athletic and explosive

these are always hilarious, thanks ts

This is one of the most common misconceptions in mma. Wrestlers can be, obviously, very effective with THE RIGHT TRAINING. But you can't take any high school wrestler and expect him to beat any striker worth a damn. I see it all the time at my gym. Wrestlers come in, try out some mma sparring, and get tentative as fuck the first time they get jabbed in the face. You actually have to learn to navigate around the strikes in order to take a guy down.

Not in a real, aka street, fight. 9 times out of 10 the wrestler wins because in a street fight 9 times out of 10 the combatants are closer than effective striking range when the conflict begins, thus it immediately becomes a clinch which favors the wrestler strongly.

Not in a real, aka street, fight. 9 times out of 10 the wrestler wins because in a street fight 9 times out of 10 the combatants are closer than effective striking range when the conflict begins, thus it immediately becomes a clinch which favors the wrestler strongly.
Strikers are usually good at controlling distance. Most street fights don't involve any experienced fighters, making them irrelevant for fighter v fighter comparisons.

MANY a Sherbro could not agree more with Dewey Cooper.

Count me among them of course.

WAR...Diaz NOT just standing and trading...otherwise it's LIGHTS...OUT.

And since Nate is not good at wrestling, nor is he a very strong guy...a jump guard may be in order...which is dangerous, but the positives outweigh the negatives relative to a striking match.

Strikers are usually good at controlling distance. Most street fights don't involve any experienced fighters, making them irrelevant for fighter v fighter comparisons.

Even a fight between some of the best boxers immediately turns into a grappling match.

It's instinctual. Get your opponent to the ground because generally they're fucked at that point. Luckily for wrestlers, that's their bread and butter.

For those of you who don't watch these videos regularly, the entire purpose is just for jeff to go around and be goofy. half the time we ask them ridiculous questions to get ridiculous answers. it amazes me that some people can't tell that it is all in fun and not meant to be serious. no need to get worked up over it.

Even a fight between some of the best boxers immediately turns into a grappling match.

It's instinctual. Get your opponent to the ground because generally they're fucked at that point. Luckily for wrestlers, that's their bread and butter.

They didn't punch each other because they would get in trouble. Figured that's pretty obvious.

They didn't punch each other because they would get in trouble. Figured that's pretty obvious.

Meh, I guess this is one of those situations where regardless of the evidence you have your opinion and you're sticking to it. Good day.

Meh, I guess this is one of those situations where regardless of the evidence you have your opinion and you're sticking to it. Good day.
When the evidence is irrelevant, people tend to stick with what they believe. Good day.

For those of you who don't watch these videos regularly, the entire purpose is just for jeff to go around and be goofy. half the time we ask them ridiculous questions to get ridiculous answers. it amazes me that some people can't tell that it is all in fun and not meant to be serious. no need to get worked up over it.
Dont worry about it, man.

A lot of us like them.

Keep doing you.

Unfortunately like with some boxing fans, some mma fans are elitists.

Back