Conor McGregor - Title Challenger or Untested Prospect?

McGregor is the only new contender that Aldo hasn't beat.

Bermudez and Swanson where cleared from the title picture, Edgar already fought for the title.

McGregor is still somewhat untested but losing to Aldo won't really derail him.

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

exactly

Lol at all these accounts that started in 2014 calling him a challenger. He is not.

This is one thing boxing has over mma. Contendership

He's done well, I just don't think his wins, including one over Siver make him next in line.. even though I don't think he deserves it, I wouldn't mind seeing him eat some humble pie.

I agree.

Have to go with title challenger. There are a couple guys with better arguments to be getting the next shot, but you can't call someone untested after they KO a top 5 guy.

A couple? I can't see an argument being made for anyone bar Frankie.

ppl want to see Conor, its as simple as that. He is without a doubt the most interesting guy to face Aldo next by far. Right or wrong the UFC is a popularity contest.

Aldo v. McGregor would interest me more. Lawler/Hendricks has ruined any interest I have in more rematches for the time being.

More than two years and three fights each since their first fight is not too soon for Aldo-Edgar 2. I favor seeing McGregor fight Aldo over Edgar getting the next shot, but why pretend McGregor has any case over Edgar other than being a fresh face and interesting personality?

I'm not pretending, I just don't have the same opinion as you, I'm not a big fan of rematches unless there was some sort of controversy, Edgar did well against Aldo but I don't think the decision was in question, at least in my eyes.

Lets also not forget that Edgar is 3-3 in his last 6 fights. (High level fighters but still)

Conor in the other hand is looking for his 13th win in a row (12 finishes) and he also left Cage Warriors as a 2 weight Champion.

Anyone saying he's being gifted a shot is only embarrassing themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back