News Conor McGregor says UFC is ‘holding me back’ from fights, looking to book charity bout in December

vgff

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...ghts-looking-to-book-charity-bout-in-december

On Tuesday at a media event in the Ukraine hosted by betting site Parimatch, McGregor spoke about the difficulties he’s had booking his next fight, claiming that he has proposed several dates and opponents to the UFC only to be shot down. As a result, the 31-year-old Irishman is hoping to put together a charity fight this December in his home country.

“Funny enough, I just want to compete now,” McGregor said.
“I was trying to get the Dec. 14th card, for whatever reason they’ve been holding me back. I’m giving them dates, I’m saying I want to fight this date, this date, this date, this date in a row, and we had opponents selected and everything and they’re just making it very difficult for me for whatever reason."

When asked how many fights he expects to have left in his career, McGregor again pointed to the politics of the sport as the main reason for him being out of action.

“For me, I am looking at—I used to fight every couple of weeks before the UFC came, then it was every couple of months,” McGregor said. “Now the politics of [prize-fighting] got involved and it’s almost if I won and then I go off. I do not like that, you can’t be like that in this game. I must continue, consistency is another word, you must be consistent.

“Once we get the first one going and we get past the politics of this, I will continue to go. I’ve faced very little damage inside the Octagon so I’m eager to get going and continue. If I look at the run I had up to Eddie Alvarez when I won the second world title, it was consecutive bouts. Bout, bout, bout, so I went into that Eddie Alvarez fight sharp, aware, fully prepared. And what happened that night, one of the greatest performances in any title fight ever in the UFC. So that’s what we are looking to continue on in the next time. Again, analyze what went wrong in the past, analyze what went right in the past, use it to go forward to the future.”

Conor in damage control mode now..?
last week helping a kid with cancer, now setting up a charity fight.
what a coincidence, all this happening now with the other kind of headlines in NY Times.
he's got some good PR guys on his payroll

Last edited:
Lets be honest here.

Conor is holding himself back.....

Dude is imploding at this point.

I think the law and lawsuits is holding him back. Trying to save face.

Holding back?

More like protecting your career from Masvidal, Beebs, and other killers.

P.S. Stop raping women and maybe you'll get your job back.
He wants to fight bantam weights and theyre refusing to give him Frankie. Thats the main issue. If he calls out someone in LW they would give him without hesitation.

Last edited:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...ghts-looking-to-book-charity-bout-in-december

On Tuesday at a media event in the Ukraine hosted by betting site Parimatch, McGregor spoke about the difficulties he’s had booking his next fight, claiming that he has proposed several dates and opponents to the UFC only to be shot down. As a result, the 31-year-old Irishman is hoping to put together a charity fight this December in his home country.

“Funny enough, I just want to compete now,” McGregor said. “I was trying to get the Dec. 14th card, for whatever reason they’ve been holding me back. I’m giving them dates, I’m saying I want to fight this date, this date, this date, this date in a row, and we had opponents selected and everything and they’re just making it very difficult for me for whatever reason."

Conor in damage control mode now..?
last week helping a kid with cancer, now setting up a charity fight.
what a coincidence, all this happening now with the other kind of headlines in NY Times.
he's got some good PR people on his payroll

He is building character references for upcoming court battles.

I want to know if he savagely raped that girl before I give a fuck about anything he says.

Of course they don't want to book a fight. Look at the recent allegations placed against him.

Oh for fucks sake.

"For whatever reason they've been holding me back" yeah that's weird innit? It's almost like he's up to his eyeballs in lawsuits and rape allegations, what a strange decision by the UFC.

Holding me back = Won't let me fight Frankie, but only offering guys who would beat the living shit out of me

Conor isn't coping well with the fact that he's no longer the man.

What he and Dana did to Jose Aldo, Dana and Khabib did to him.

Karma, motherfucker !

They will book him vs Gaethje in January.

I honestly doubt the rape investigations will go anywhere. Maybe they will randomly throw one of his buddies like Charlie Ward in prison.

I understand the UFC holding him back on the December 14th date because they already have 3 title fights. Why add Conor to a card that's already stacked? Spread it out = more PPV buys over the course of multiple events.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, UFC is a shady business.
The fact that Conor and other stars don't have their own ESPN/DAZN deals is even more ridiculous.
UFC is probably holding him back for money reasons.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, UFC is a shady business.
The fact that Conor and other stars don't have their own ESPN/DAZN deals is even more ridiculous.
UFC is probably holding him back for money reasons.

Yup, the December card is stacked. Moreover, Conor is a headliner and it just makes business sense to have him as the main event on another card.

and we had opponents selected
That's the problem.
You can't hand pick your opponents.
Especially those that are two weight classes below you.

Conor is likely demanding $20 million and ufc ownership for each fight, knowing good and well the UFC won't give it to him.

Back