• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Conor McGregor drops to #7 in latest Lightweight rankings

Weird that they moved Tony back up though.

They only moved Conor down 2 spots, they didn't mean to move Tony or RDA up...but by moving Conor down two spots, by default the two spots previously below Conor (Tony and RDA) must move up one.

He’s

not

a

lightweight

he’s

a

featherweight.

So why the fuck he staying at lightweight he’s like 1-3 there he was undefeated at Featherweight.
<1>
The only UFC lightweights he's lost to are Khabib and Dustin Poirier twice. The GOAT LW and the current #1 LW in the world. Everybody loses to those two guys.

Conor needs to fight easier competition, but someone a little more relevant than washed-up Cowboy Cerrone

5w97sGS.jpg

https://www.tsn.ca/ufc/rankings

The latest rankings updates are up on the TSN website before they appear on the official UFC website.

Also of note from UFC 264, Omari Akhmedov drops to #15 and Brad Tavares rises to #12.
Most ranked fighters beat him imo

He hasn't won a fight since 2016 at lightweight, he shouldn't even be ranked
For example, they could throw in number 50 In the world right now, put him against the champion 3 years ago, he loses, then against number 1 two times, he loses both.
Should he be ranked 7? No he lost all 3! If he was anyone else he wouldn't even be top 15

He looks a little passed it mate, not his fault just age has finally caught up to him.
By that logic, so is Conor. He should barely make top 10
And thats being generous. He is more top 15

My knee jerk reaction is to say that #7 is too high given his 1-3 record in the division, but then again he’s really only fought top contenders at lightweight so his only losses are to top 5 guys.

I think the answer is that he needs to fight someone outside the top 5 so we can see where he’s really at. I doubt that will happen given the UFCs investment in him, but that’s where I’m at with it.

Conor has exactly 1 win at 155, and that was almost 5 years ago. Why exactly is he even ranked at LW? Hell, he has 1 win in the last 4 years, which was against a shot Cowboy; why is he ranked in any division at all?

Conor has exactly 1 win at 155, and that was almost 5 years ago. Why exactly is he even ranked at LW? Hell, he has 1 win in the last 4 years, which was against a shot Cowboy; why is he ranked in any division at all?

I can explain that:

LateTenseFireant-max-1mb.gif

Rankings don't matter

He has 1 win at 155lbs against a guy that isn’t even in the ufc anymore. I don’t even see how he’s in the top ten.

The only UFC lightweights he's lost to are Khabib and Dustin Poirier twice. The GOAT LW and the current #1 LW in the world. Everybody loses to those two guys.

Conor needs to fight easier competition, but someone a little more relevant than washed-up Cowboy Cerrone
I don’t think people are diminishing who he lost to, but rather questioning the ranking based on who he’s beaten in the division.

Reactions: Gio
Islam vs Conor is the fight to make if Islam can beat Moises this weekend

<BronTroll1>

The Ferguson fight makes sense next for Conor. Still a good name but a winnable fight

Ah yes, the independent rankings that the UFC never manipulates. Always a treat.

Conor has absolutely no business being in the top 15

Back