Media Conor McGregor Chose Not to Throw a Kick That “Would Have Stopped” Nate Diaz at UFC 196

LINK: https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/mcg...JGdHVDKrAdFgy-nb_XLVoaMEIbnZ9Yo6vFwgSlI4m7OVU

McGregor spoke about the initial fight against Diaz on his Instagram story. There, he detailed an opportunity to end the fight but he didn’t take it cause he was too devastating of a tactic.

“I actually chose not to follow through with this kick in this exact moment. The sensation felt horrible and I backed out of following through with it,” wrote Conor. “(The) fight would have been stopped no doubt though. I (had) the angle on the leg and had it primed to snap. I bottled it but it felt too nasty. Even for me. Fast forward a few minutes later and I’m on the deck getting strangled. Mad game.”.

"I’m on the deck getting strangled"

Well this part is true enough.

So is this an excuse a bunch of years and a rematch after? sad.

mcgregor-tapped-to-nate-diaz-gif.gif
Nothing better than the punch diaz throws to put Conor's head in the right position for the choke lmao

canor and his excuses. It's no wonder we haven't seen any improvement in his game.

he has no qualms about attacking during glove-touch but he holds back something like this?

smh

I mean it's obviously a dumb story the way it's told, but anybody denying that the Diaz fight is when he changed his style is lying. He did used to throw nasty kicks all the time when he worked his in and out karate style, but had abandoned them until his most recent fight (hence nobody but me said Conor by headkick KO) as he was basically boxing exclusively post Aldo when he thought his hands were God's gift.

So while I don't think it happened the way he says it did, I do believe that at a moment in the fight he held back off throwing a headkick he'd have never have hesitated with throwing before, for whatever reason. He'd already switched to trying to end every fight with just his hands.

Imagine spending hours and hours over the course of years staring at the horizon torturing yourself with what went wrong in your fights.

Sleepless nights curled in bed remembering small details from the past that no one cares about anymore.

Walking on the street and randomly look back from time to time to check if theres someone willing to choke you.

Pretending to live all eternity in people's minds from your brief glory from years ago.

Acting tough guy but having short fuse and being emotional.

Overanalyzing and writing walls of text with excuses, begging for rematch.

Live in misfortunes of the past despite having a worry-free future.

A soulless body in the world of the living.

Last edited:
So Conor went full Aikido?I could have won with my technique, but it was too dangerous?

And his brain dead fans believe this shit

Imagine spending hours and hours over the course of years staring at the horizon torturing yourself with what went wrong in your fights.

Sleepless nights curled in bed remembering small details from the past that no one cares about anymore.

Walking on the street and randomly look back from time to time to check if theres someone willing to choke you.

Pretending to live all eternity in people's minds from your brief glory from years ago.

Acting tough guy but having short fuse and being emotional.

Overanalyzing and writing walls of text with excuses, begging for rematch.

Live in misfortunes of the past despite having a worry-free future.

A soulless body in the world of the living.

Holy fuck, Conor is dead.

Reactions: vlz
All that “taking defeat like a man” immediately after that fight was an act to save face. His true colors came out eventually. But he’s not the only one guilty of that.

What a tool.
100%.

That guy McG should just take his losses like a man.
Stop with this utter BS that he could have won but chose not to.
He is completely delusional or he simply thinks that a lot of people will believe this rubbish. Who does he think he is fooling with this stuff?? Nobody with a semi-functioning brain.

All that “taking defeat like a man” immediately after that fight was an act to save face. His true colors came out eventually. But he’s not the only one guilty of that.

Fighter mentality. If you can't see yourself being the best, you can't be the best. Losses don't happen because you were beat by the better man.

I think there was a myth perpetuated by the UFC that no one loses better than Conor. In almost all his losses, there is some weird excuse that hindered him from winning. Yes I agree, fighters have injuries and niggles going into fights, but consider, how many times have you seen Max Holloway or Darren Till blame injuries or weight for their losses. The truth about his losses to Khabib and Diaz is that he underestimated them, which is probably the dumbest thing you can do as a fighter.

Ah yes Conor refused to KO Nate, so instead he got submitted and lost

<YeahOKJen>

LINK: https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/mcg...JGdHVDKrAdFgy-nb_XLVoaMEIbnZ9Yo6vFwgSlI4m7OVU

McGregor spoke about the initial fight against Diaz on his Instagram story. There, he detailed an opportunity to end the fight but he didn’t take it cause he was too devastating of a tactic.

“I actually chose not to follow through with this kick in this exact moment. The sensation felt horrible and I backed out of following through with it,” wrote Conor. “(The) fight would have been stopped no doubt though. I (had) the angle on the leg and had it primed to snap. I bottled it but it felt too nasty. Even for me. Fast forward a few minutes later and I’m on the deck getting strangled. Mad game.”.

I just remember watching McG exhaust himself by repeatedly spamming and missing that spinning kick he demonstrated on Conan the week before the fight.

Ah yes Conor refused to KO Nate, so instead he got submitted and lost

<YeahOKJen>

Conor could have KO'd Nate in the second fight, too. But he wanted to show the world he could go five rounds instead.

Back