Conor McGregor Books & Readings?

• Thread starter Deleted member 490433
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 490433

I have been trying with no success to get book recommendations from Conor & Coach Kavanagh. Of course this is to be expected considering the size of their followership.

I love their mindset & philosophy on belief and visualization and I would like to read more, besides The Secret has anybody heard or read about them recommending or mentioning books they have read?

Conor really doesn't talk much about his book preferences, he mostly has been seen in embedded quoting The Secret. But really, his ideology isn't a metaphysical as some conceptions of the law of attraction. I think that Conor McGregor very much believes that the Law of Attraction and positive thinking free the mind to its complete potential, which normally is limited by thought and doubt, but that potential still only comes about with effort. The former is more of the setting stone and driver, while the effort, mind you "true effort" not just careless practice, is what puts it all into motion

Kavanagh laughing in the Mendes fight while Conor was on his back was so weird. Confidence on another level

Conor really doesn't talk much about his book preferences, he mostly has been seen in embedded quoting The Secret. But really, his ideology isn't a metaphysical as some conceptions of the law of attraction. I think that Conor McGregor very much believes that the Law of Attraction and positive thinking free the mind to its complete potential, which normally is limited by thought and doubt, but that potential still only comes about with effort. The former is more of the setting stone and driver, while the effort, mind you "true effort" not just careless practice, is what puts it all into motion

I love those concepts and you're right he's heavy into the Law of Attraction but they've also touched on subjects like growth mentality, posture and it's effect on your mind and hormones, I'll certainly research good books based on these terms but I'd like to see if they've mentioned any specific readings.

Jack Canfield key to living the law of attraction. It's the quotes Conor was reading from in his documentary. Great book

Kavanagh laughing in the Mendes fight while Conor was on his back was so weird. Confidence on another level
It looked like he was laughing at McGregor's attempt at knocking Mendes out with a swaying left hook from the bottom. It looked really good but was short by a hair.

They're not pretending, they just "know", some may laugh at that confidence and cll it cocky or baseless but I admire it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is a good one but it is not directly a law of attraction book.

The Secret is probably the worst possible law of attraction book. It is about thinking and not having to take action for bored house wives, McGrooby obviously doesn't agree with that since he seems to train non-stop.

There are lot's of good ones but they are primarily about finance like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (my favourite so far) and The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles but the basic principles are the same.

8b394d6f738b332a2592fbb4dec30ae7.jpg

Like all young men with high levels of test that don't read books often, he likes The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

This crap isn't going to make you rich. Hard work, networking skills, smart planning and luck are the keys to success. Emphasize on hard work and smart planning. Changing your 'mindset' or whatever is not going to turn you into a millionaire.

The reason these books are successful is because lazy idiots think they can read the book and something with 'switch' in their mind that will make them automatically go out there and make millions. It is chump bait for the unsuccessful.

Check out The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is a good one but it is not directly a law of attraction book.

The Secret is probably the worst possible law of attraction book. It is about thinking and not having to take action for bored house wives, McGrooby obviously doesn't agree with that since he seems to train non-stop.

There are lot's of good ones but they are primarily about finance like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (my favourite so far) and The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles but the basic principles are the same.

I agree on The Secret, there's definitely some gems in there but mostly it's deep as a puddle.

Those last two seem interesting but as you mentioned more finance based and I'm looking for a more general philosophy & mindset approach, I appreciate you taking the time to respond though, I'll definitely look into The Alchemist thanks!

This crap isn't going to make you rich. Hard work, networking skills, smart planning and luck are the keys to success. Emphasize on hard work and smart planning. Changing your 'mindset' or whatever is not going to turn you into a millionaire.

The reason these books are successful is because lazy idiots think they can read the book and something with 'switch' in their mind that will make them automatically go out there and make millions. It is chump bait for the unsuccessful.

I own a public relations and advertising company that is quite successful and strongly disagree with that, with the infinite amount of knowledge out there it's very damaging to think you know everything and that solid work ethic & planning will be enough, but to each his own.

You could read a real book instead. Don't read any Nietzsche. That's poison for young males without any proper context (I was in the same boat). Honestly, most people that I know who have read Crime and Punishment have consistently good receptions of it regardless of their backgrounds.

TS please read this guy. Conor didn't read a book and started obsessing with mma overnight. It takes a lot of hard work to achieve things in life, and you'll learn more from trying and from having experiences than from reading books.

TS please read this guy. Conor didn't read a book and started obsessing with mma overnight. It takes a lot of hard work to achieve things in life, and you'll learn more from trying and from having experiences than from reading books.

I did and I responded.

But I definitely agree with you that life experience is probably the most valuable source of knowledge/wisdom.

Back