Conor Jr throwing hands

Kids got better hands than most sherdoggers like me
bolos.gif

Conor panic wrestled there

How many fighters who grew up with multi-millionaire parents have been UFC champs?
The sport isn't old enough to have the 2nd generation guys come in (much)

In 20 years all the good guys will have been training since they were little kids, and there will be a lot of guys whose dads were in the UFC... just like every other sport

Also BJ Penn is one of the most savage dudes ever, and his family is rich af

Eventually most fighters are gonna have come from at least a decent background, because you have to have money to train from an early age, and once enough of those guys are out there, it's gonna be tough for anyone who didn't have that early training to beat them

Yeah like Floyd
Floyd didnt grow up rich. Yes he had multiple champions in his family, but his Dad was mostly absentee which is a big reason for their love hate relationship today. His Mom was a terrible drug addict and his Dad eventually went to prison, so he was raised by his Grandmother.

Wrong assumption Bro.

The sport isn't old enough to have the 2nd generation guys come in (much)

In 20 years all the good guys will have been training since they were little kids, and there will be a lot of guys whose dads were in the UFC... just like every other sport

Also BJ Penn is one of the most savage dudes ever, and his family is rich af

Eventually most fighters are gonna have come from at least a decent background, because you have to have money to train from an early age, and once enough of those guys are out there, it's gonna be tough for anyone who didn't have that early training to beat them

decent background =/= mega rich. BJ isn't a great example either. I don't know how rich his parents were but he got by on raw talent alone and was lazy as fuck training, which is why his career ended the way it did.

decent background =/= mega rich. BJ isn't a great example either. I don't know how rich his parents were but he got by on raw talent alone and was lazy as fuck training, which is why his career ended the way it did.
Lol so if you get by on raw talent then you can grow up "mega rich"

You're just making your argument up as you go along

I'll come back to this in 20 years when Connie Jr. is Triple Champ

Nate's daughter will turn him into a panic wrestler and submit him

CwiTLmn.jpg
I always forget Nate has a kid, which is respectable

I always find it really weird that mega-celebrities post so much shit of their kids from the day they're born, seems selfish

Conor's kid will have no chance to be out of the spotlight if that's what he chooses

I always think of the Osbournes, one of their kids decided to not be in the spotlight, and now she can walk anywhere she wants without people knowing her. The person should have a chance to decide what they want

Very cookie cutter take

It's a pretty accurate assessment though. Kid isn't coming from the easy life fighting for anything so he won't have that dig down deep to reach for. Conor Jr will be incredibly unmotivated.

You can delude yourself into thinking otherwise if you want

It's a pretty accurate assessment though. Kid isn't coming from the easy life fighting for anything so he won't have that dig down deep to reach for. Conor Jr will be incredibly unmotivated.

You can delude yourself into thinking otherwise if you want
penn-5.gif

Seems to be the way of the junior.
Junior of a successful Senior.

Floyd and Roy Sr were average as fuck but Floyd and Roy Jr were generational talents

Shane Mosley was great, Mosley Jr is a waste

Lol so if you get by on raw talent then you can grow up "mega rich"

You're just making your argument up as you go along

I'll come back to this in 20 years when Connie Jr. is Triple Champ

He got by on raw talent when most other fighters didn't know what they were doing. A completely different era. You can't do that these days. And guys who have had to struggle coming up and know what it's like to have nothing tend to have more of a hunger and a much better work ethic then those who had everything handed to them.

He got by on raw talent when most other fighters didn't know what they were doing. A completely different era. You can't do that these days. And guys who have had to struggle coming up and know what it's like to have nothing tend to have more of a hunger and a much better work ethic then those who had everything handed to them.
Key term is "tend to"

Also fighting isn't as big of a deal when you've been doing it since you were 1

Go watch the NFL Draft, there are loads of guys who's dads were also in the NFL, who grew up rich, they had perfect training since day one, combined with elite genetics, what a horrible disadvantage lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back