Conor has had a legendary career, made lifetime money, and still hasn't hit 30.

This is all part of the plan in my opinion, since it would be absurd to have Conor fight anyone other than Tony their plan is to have Khabib beat Tony for the belt and Conor fight Khabib is Russia to regain the title. Tony just is not a big enough fight but Khabib in Russia, now that is a big one

Dethroning Aldo in 13 seconds was indeed legendary moment, but I aside that I wouldn't call his career legendary. He made legendary money, true, but he really doesn't have legendary resume. It really comes down to how you define legendary fighter. If huge career earnings and popularity are enough to warrant legendary status in your opinion, so be it. I, for one, don't necessarily agree, as a student of the game.

I just think that it's a shame if he decides to retire. In 50 years nobody cares about how many instagram followers he had in 2018, but everyone should have access to his fights and highlights even then. In 50 years, there will be more complete mixed martial artists compared to this day, so the amount of truly great fighters will only increase. I can't but to think that Conor's legacy will fade into obscurity, if he doesn't fight ever again.

Conor will squeeze until there isn't enough juice for the effort. Once he loses his value is when he'll stop fighting.

Even with a couple of losses, his name is still big. If he doesn't take tons of damage or injuries, he could still probably take a few more fights and make 50% of his highest MMA earnings each fight.

Assuming he made 10 million, i'm sure he'd take 2 or 3 more fights at half that (5 million) a piece and risk losing all of them to pocket 10-15 million. And if he loses all 3 fights, he can take some time off, then make a comeback fight with a bunch of hyped bullshit promo's about how he's better than ever. Then, he can make probably another 1-5 million off of that, maybe more before he loses all his credibility and value.

But with me, I give no shits about how much he makes. It doesn't affect me at all, as my entertainment lies with the fight and not with the numbers that someone makes.

I'm not emotionally invested in Conor, but I do think he's genuinely a fighter at heart.

If he doesn't come back, it won't be because he doesn't want to.

It will be because the money and lifestyle have gotten to him.

In my opinion, few fighters in MMA are genuinely fighters at heart - those who would fight even if they were billionaires. Most of the would retire way before that point.

This is all part of the plan in my opinion, since it would be absurd to have Conor fight anyone other than Tony their plan is to have Khabib beat Tony for the belt and Conor fight Khabib is Russia to regain the title. Tony just is not a big enough fight but Khabib in Russia, now that is a big one

My thoughts exactly. He WILL be stripped, then Tony and Khabib will fight for the undisputed title only to have Conor as their first title defense at the end of this year.

Conor fan.

Legendary is a strong word. He's had an amazingly great start, and his crossover was huge. He doesn't have the body count of beating enough MMA legends to call himself a legend just yet.

That's what he'll be remembered for, the most successful financially. In terms of actual achievements (wins and title defenses, etc) he won't be if this keeps up.

After the UFC strips him, there is no doubt if he wants to come back, the UFC will give him a immediate title shot. That's a no brainer. The question is, depending on who is the LW champ when he decides he wants a nice paycheck, who will he be facing? And if he loses, where does that put his brand? I mean, lets be honest, all his fans are more concerned about his brand, rather then his fighting skills, and if he can defend his title. Its pathetic, and i am looking forward to him retiring (aka Stripped)
He will wait for a winnable WW title fight and get it then win and be called the Champ Champ Champ

He certainly proved himself as the best FW in the world at one point. His resume speaks for itself.

He was also absurdly oversized for the division, but he still beat a slew of amazing fighters, uncontroversially.

Everything after that is marked with dubiousness. He lost to Diaz, won a very close rematch which some think he lost, beat Alvarez in impressive fashion, flew to fight Floyd in a total gimmick, and kaput. After beating Eddie, he became the opposite of what made him popular: a business first, fight second fighter, who cared more about his brand than fighting.

Did he prove he was the best LW in the world? Not really, even if he beat the rightful champ, he never went through the ranks, and the division remains stacked with amazing contenders who deserved a shot. He never defended a belt, to this day, and that will not go away.

He definitely proved his skills, but he also turned his back on the sport and left divisions on hold indefinitely. Good riddance, if he leaves. I appreciate a good showman, and the man can fight, but he turned MMA into Shark Tank, and I'm a fight fan first and foremost.

I dont think hes made enough money for himself. The guy wants to live a lavish lifestyle he couls end up broke tbh

Conor has had a legendary career, made lifetime money, and still hasn't hit 30.

I agree with the last two parts.

He HAS proven himself. It cannot be doubted. He HAS made "enough" money. He has made his name one that will be remembered.

Honestly, I think he should bail. If he continues to fight, the potential revenue he could make in the future could drop a lot if he gets beat up a couple times. He got beat by Nate, but he won the rematch. That didn't hurt his image too bad. Got beat by RJJ. But did last 8 rounds. His image is still not hurting. But he has to retire or fight. And if he retired right now he could still stay relevant in other areas.

If he fights and losses, well, look at how relevant RR is nowadays.
You kind of contradict yourself here.
First you claim he cannot be doubted. But then you beg him not to fight because he will lose...

This kind of shows he has not quite proven himself (which IMO does not happen by winning one fight but by cleaning up the top of a division, which COnor did not do).

But I get what you are saying.
Bail now while you are on top.
Come back, and you can lose and show (much like Ronda) that you are not as great as (now) your fans perceive you to be...

problem with your logic: he lost to Nate. He has already shown he is not unbeatable. If people didn't see it then, they will not see it now.

He HAS proven himself. It cannot be doubted. He HAS made "enough" money. He has made his name one that will be remembered.

Honestly, I think he should bail. If he continues to fight, the potential revenue he could make in the future could drop a lot if he gets beat up a couple times. He got beat by Nate, but he won the rematch. That didn't hurt his image too bad. Got beat by RJJ. But did last 8 rounds. His image is still not hurting. But he has to retire or fight. And if he retired right now he could still stay relevant in other areas.

If he fights and losses, well, look at how relevant RR is nowadays.

Yes, he did more than many fighters could ever do in a very short time.

Question is if he will be fighting at all after 30.

Got beat by RJJ. But did last 8 rounds. His image is still not hurting. .
What are you even fucking talking about. Maybe get your facts straight before you proclaim this guy's career legendary.

He fought Floyd and looked a fucking fool and anyone with any clue about boxing beyond that fight knew that was how it was going to go down. Floyd toying with an over-matched bum

How about he actually defend a title that he has won.

The money he has made despite really only having 1 actual legit win against an 'elite' opponent is legendary in the fact he could exploit a clueless fanbase so easily.

Conor nuthuggers are so annoying with the "he's a millionaire" thing.

Plenty of guys made millions in the UFC, no news there.

But because Conor talked about it the most all his nuthuggers are like "yeah, we're all money man! We run the show! Who's boss?"

Just shut the fuck up about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterbomb
Back