Conor, Frankie, Mendes....

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Out of McGregor, Frankie, Mendes, obviously 2 out of the 3 have already faced Aldo, but who posted the bigger threat to Aldo before the fight?

Who do people think is the harder challenge for Aldo, is it Conor? Or do you think that Frankie or Mendes were harder competition for Aldo before the fight?

Just check the pre fight odds. I would guess Edgar was given the best chance.

3 of them Plus Aldo would be the only 4 people that will exchange hands with that belt being Mendes at the Bottom. Aldo, Frankie, Conor, Chad would be 1 - 4.

Conor - Southpaw stance. Length. Reach. Accuracy. Power. Size. Strength. Cardio.

Hindsight is a powerful tool. Use it.

Mendes is the only person to actually have Aldo hurt, if he was a little more elusive, he could have beat Aldo.

Connor wont touch the belt as long as Aldo still has it. Now if the champ moves up weight then i see the belt changing hands quite a few times between Edgar, chad, McG.

I give Conor the best chance. You can't wrestle Aldo, you can't beat him in a decision, and you can't submit him. That means to beat him, you have to KO him.

Conor has the best chance to do that.

McGregor is going to get savaged. He has one dangerous dimension that Aldo is better at. This fight will be less competitive than Aldo-Mendes 1.

I still think Frankie has the best chance of the three to beat Aldo, but in the interest of full disclosure I'm a Frankie Edgar fanboy. Going into the fights, I definitely thought Frankie had the best chance.

Frankie will soon overtake Urijah in the 'Most UFC Title shots dropped' category. Heck he already owns it to me(He lost the "DRAW" to Maynard, imo).

Folk are giving Frankie too much respect for the Cub fight, imo. Cub's TDD is pathetic for a Top 10 ranked guy.

Gray knocked him silly, he's a tough muthafucka but way too easy to hit. Aldo has little to fear from Frankie. Conor i believe is too long & too accurate for him but until we see Conor evade a top ranked wrestlers TD's the unknown clouds will continue to hang around.

Frankie's last few opponents
- Bendo's striking is goddawful
- Oliveira got fed to FE after 1st rd KO loss to Cub, yet his length made Edgar's offense look quite bog standard.
- Zombie BJ was a gimme fight
- Cub has poor fight IQ & lacks TDD

Frankie's relentless wrestling will continue to handily beat 5-10 ranked guys. Top 2 guys length &/or accuracy are too much for him though, imo.

Would love to see Mendes fight Frankie. Lets truly see how well improved his striking is against another wrestler not fearing his TD's.

Last edited:
Conor because he hasn't fought him at all, and there isn't a ton of fight time to study.

3 of them Plus Aldo would be the only 4 people that will exchange hands with that belt being Mendes at the Bottom. Aldo, Frankie, Conor, Chad would be 1 - 4.

Mendes is undefeated against every fighter he has faced except Aldo. Aldo is the only fighter he has ever lost to and I wouldn't put it past him to beat Frankie or Conor.

Back