Conor: Fight with Aldo will do better PPV numbers than Jones/Cormier

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He said that at presser

I think it certainly could & most likely will with a good undercard.

I say that bc so far the way they built Conor/Aldo would make Vince jealous & it is only the beginning

He said that at presser

I think it certainly could & most likely will with a good undercard.

I say that bc so far the way they built Conor/Aldo would make Vince jealous & it is only the beginning

No chance in hell. Even he was kind of backtracking that one when he asked what Jones/Cormier did. It would need a hell of an undercard or more likely a bigger main event and put that second from the top to do that kind of number.

Aldo/McGregor as the headliner has a ceiling of about 400K and I think it would be tough to even hit that. But that's a great number considering it's a Featherweight title fight.

put cm punk vs bundy and brock vs shaq on the card and he's right

No chance in hell. Even he was kind of backtracking that one when he asked what Jones/Cormier did. It would need a hell of an undercard or more likely a bigger main event and put that second from the top to do that kind of number.

Aldo/McGregor as the headliner has a ceiling of about 400K and I think it would be tough to even hit that. But that's a great number considering it's a Featherweight title fight.

I think that it can beat 400K, but it is unlikely to beat Jones-Cormier unless Ronda is the co-main. It will certainly be the highest selling FW main event ever and probably the highest selling main event under 170.

Conor might be the guy to take the little guys to the top. I never gave a shit about anything below 55 til he showed up.

I think that it can beat 400K, but it is unlikely to beat Jones-Cormier unless Ronda is the co-main. It will certainly be the highest selling FW main event ever and probably the highest selling main event under 170.

Thing is, they will load up the undercard so you're probably right that it will beat 400K because one of the undercard fights will probably be a "main event" quality fight, like a Silva-Diaz type thing (not that big of stars but that kind of fight) or a Dillishaw or Mighty Mouse title defence and like a Matt Mitrione/Roy Nelson/Rashad Evans type fight 3rd from the top.

It could get close, but hard to match. And is it true that people in Ireland get PPVs for free?

It could get close, but hard to match. And is it true that people in Ireland get PPVs for free?

Well it's free for most people in the UK, if they get BT sports channel for free

which I do, as BT sports 1 and 2 is free cos I have my Internet with BT

people in the UK would NEVER pay for PPV events, as it's 3am-6am , so it should be free for us

Conor might be the guy to take the little guys to the top. I never gave a shit about anything below 55 til he showed up.

You never liked Faber, Aldo, etc etc fights ?

Your opinion must be relevant

Depends on the undercard. The Jones / DC card as a whole was weak sauce.

If it has a decent undercard, McGOAT vs Aldo will do at least as well if not slightly better. Especially with the hype that will likely take place via trash-talking.

I'd watch them but never cared about the outcome. Yeah my opinion is very relevant. Stands to reason a lot people share it.

it's interesting that you named those 2, because i can't think of any other fighters under 155 off the top of my head

All live UFC events are on the BT sports channel, which is a subscription channel. However the fight will be replayed on terrestrial/free tv, on TV3 tomorrow evening. The Dublin event was shown live on TV3 and did over 600k viewers.

The dc vs jones undercard was garbage tho. That ppv sold because of the brawl. With this fight, if the UFC promotes it like they did the siver fight and show him getting in Aldo's face, it'll do pretty big numbers.

The dc vs jones undercard was garbage tho. That ppv sold because of the brawl. With this fight, if the UFC promotes it like they did the siver fight and show him getting in Aldo's face, it'll do pretty big numbers.

My thoughts as well.
This will be non stop promotion
Aldo will look like a beast & Conor the guy to tame the beast
It will be huge

This guy calls himself "mma stats geek" and he estimated that Aldo vs McGregor would do 400k, well McGregor just did 950k - 1m buys accordin to Meltzer and even without Aldo..

Back