• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Conor earned $15m for 2nd Diaz fight

Holloway was young, I think he'd win in a rematch.
Mendes was not fit for the fight. If he'd been fight training i'd have a better idea.
Alvarez has looked god awful in the ufc apart from a bush rush tko over RDA. They rushed Conor into that fight as soon as Eddie became champ. Sloppy brawlers get eaten alive by Conor.
Aldo lasted 13 seconds, not enough time to really see how he'd fare against an experienced striker like Aldo. Holloway picked Aldo apart twice and beautifully destroyed him, that's more impressive

... wow what a super lucky guy, everyone against him is either young or unprepared or makes mistakes or simply not good (despite being multi org champions) ... Conor haters really are funnier than his fans!

That is great money for any sport. What did Diaz get? Im assuming 3-10 Million?

Not a fan boy but anyone who destroyed Dustin Poirer, Max Holloway, Jose Aldo, Eddie Alarez, and Chad Mendes is elite no matter how you look at it.
I've already explained how he isn't elite because of Aldo, Alvarez and Chad etc. Poirier was good

Beating the FW GOAT (and top 10 overall GOAT) in 13 seconds and winning two titles is what makes him an elite fighter.
Nah, Holloway's destruction of Aldo was far more impressive. Conor's win left us with nothing really to guage on how he'd do against a great striker, he got a quick ko ..... if he didn't, Aldo could've picked him apart for 25 mins...maybe he wouldn't have, we'll never know, hence i'm not impressed

... wow what a super lucky guy, everyone against him is either young or unprepared or makes mistakes or simply not good (despite being multi org champions) ... Conor haters really are funnier than his fans!
Yeah lucky the ufc saw his market potential and gave him the push, other killers were never given. Sorry but the 155 stint has been stupid.

conor put an ass whoopin on nate in the 2nd fight...and styles makes fights...conor would have ko'd rda in the 1st round...no wonder he pulled out with that fake injury..just like his buddy aldo...
RDA would've fought mcgregor much like khabib did... and probably finish him earlier.

Proof Conor is elite.
An elite fighter is definitely someone who is one of the best in the world at their division
Conor was the best fighter in the FW division and did hold the LW belt, and was a 2 division champ. This more than makes him an elite fighter
Regardless you don't have to be the best to be elite, you just have to be apart of the small proportion of top fighters, the few percentage compared to every fighter to be elite

Numbers are down but there's way more events than ever before.
True.

Oversaturated imo.

Need to stop just throwing shit cards together for the sake of having some ufc on TV.

But the amount of pissed off replies has been pretty entertaining. Sherdog bores me nowadays, I need to be entertained somehow
I hope for your sake there was booze or drugs influencing those posts lol. God damn.

Maybe come hang out in the mayberry or music forum and calm down

I hope for your sake there was booze or drugs influencing those posts lol. God damn.

Maybe come hang out in the mayberry or music forum and calm down
Just boredom tbh but yeah you're right

MMA isn't bigger than before.

Numbers are down except for when he fights.

If anything he has diluted the casual support for the rest of the fighters in the sport, similar to Mayweather in boxing.

When Conor retires, who is going to pick up where he left off?

Conor is good for Conor, not UFC.

Meltzer's Newsletter:
Conor McGregor has settled a lawsuit out of court involving William Pegg, a security guard who was hit by a Monster Energy can when McGregor the another group of fighters that included the Diaz Brothers and Jake Shields started throwing cans at each other during a press conference prior to the second McGregor vs. Nate Diaz fight. Pegg claimed he was hit in the back and shoulder when McGregor threw the can at Nate Diaz and missed,. He had sued for $95,000, claiming he had $5,000 in medical bills and $90,000 in other damages. Evidently it came out in the case that McGregor earned $15 million for that fight

-

Reports had it at $12-15m, so pretty accurate on this one
Do you think this is what the ufc paid him before ppv or the total after? The ac reported pay is nowhere near accurate as we both know so this actually wouldn’t surprise me if the ufc paid him 15 mil for the fight plus ppv which ended up being a lot too.

Do you think this is what the ufc paid him before ppv or the total after? The ac reported pay is nowhere near accurate as we both know so this actually wouldn’t surprise me if the ufc paid him 15 mil for the fight plus ppv which ended up being a lot too.

All included with PPV

True.

Oversaturated imo.

Need to stop just throwing shit cards together for the sake of having some ufc on TV.

Yeah I never used to miss a fight back in the day, now there's too much so I just pick and choose.

Back