Conor cares about legacy - Dustin doesn't

UFC was sold for over 4 billion mainly thanks to Conor who was the most talked about athlete in the whole world at the time.
You dont think stuff like fighters pay went up alot for everyone after he made MMA that much more popular?
Conor winning and being the face of combat sports is great for everyone not just him. He has been by far the most talked about fighter since his debut and still is.
There is something to what you are saying, but you are overstating it. He added some value to the UFC, but not as much as you imply. Others were instrumental in building the UFC so that Conor could have the opportunity to do what he did, so the value of the UFC is an accumulation of accomplishments from different people.

He raised his own salary, but not so much everyone else; the UFC is really specific when it comes to how much they pay; it isn't like other sports where one QB has leverage because another QB makes a lot; those sports are unionized, and the players get a set percentage.

If Conor had been a dominant force for more than a short period of time, his legacy could have really taken off, but with his losses, not so much the case. Being "talked about" was meaningful at one time when he could have been the dominant force in LW, but since that aspect has faded, he is more just talked about in a WWE sort of way. Not like a great champ, which is the sort of thing that builds legacy..

I think Ronda needs to come back.
rGFzGi7.gif

Lol.
What a moronic thread.
If Conor cared about his Legacy he would have defended his belts, not get in trouble with the police and be a better person all round.

Because you value the idea of defending a title to legacy doesn't mean he does.

So that's not really a point.

I think it's quite obvious from Conor's previous behaviour or becoming FW champ - then immediately looking to the LW title... then recently flirting more with WW that he seeks new challenges and that defending could feel like looking backwards to him / not saying it is going backwards / just commenting on his behaviour.

So yes he could still care about legacy and not-defending-the-belt-not-be-a-thing to him.
I think its a bit late for caring about his legacy, he has pretty much trashed it himself

hes fighting because hes a fighter.
he has made so much and continues to make so much money outside of fighting. hes brand was established and he hit the ground running. after beating aldo he never had to fight again in his life and his kids kids would be set. but he did. after beating diaz the second time and then alverez he never needed to fight again but hes a fighter. and i think that deserves respect. hes a little nuts and obsessive and delusional but thats what made him great in the first place. he risks a lot continuing to fight. stands to lose a lot of money and further hurt his public perception. but he keeps fighting so i wont talk the same kind of shit on him but i will say hes not the same as he was when he was on his winning streak at 155 and his crazy has hindered his game by a lot but a guy like him could have called it quits long ago.
He is fighting to try and save his name, nothing more. Its down to ego, he cannot accept a loss hence why he demands instant rematches

Reactions: lsa
With half a billion in the bank Conor doesn't need to fight anymore but here he is, still entertaining us, still hungry for titles and looking to create more history.

Conor turned down numerous movie roles (even generously passed one on to Bisping) to focus on MMA. Conor turned down lucrative offers from the WWE to focus on MMA. Conor has ignored Jake Paul and the massive payday that would bring to focus on MMA.

Dustin literally turned down a title shot for a money fight. So Conor haters, you can quit yapping about him caring only about money and how Dustin is the hungrier more noble hero with MMA in his heart.

Fair point

This thread shows how brain dead you Contards are.. He's been irrelevant for nearly 5 years, he's had like what, 4 fights total in that time?? The fact you stand behind this and hype him like it's still 2014 says all we need to know.

Here we go, not this momo again.

Conor cares about legacy? Hence why he defended his title so much.

He keeps his mouth shut about the Paul's, cause he does not want to take beating from them.

MookGregor has no legacy, he done nothing to create a legacy. All he has done is become the richest MMA fighter, by talking trash.
Conors legacy is that he beat the p4p #1 in the world to win the fw belt, then went up and made the lw champ look like an amateur and secured his second belt. Also beat a terrible style matchup to win an interim belt. He has wins over Alvarez, aldo, holloway, porier, cowboy, nate and mendez. It's crazy to say he has no legacy. I'm not saying hes even close to someone like khabib or jones in terms of actual fighting ability overall and their impact on other fighters, but how people say he isn't shit is beyond me, dude beat a lot of really great fighters and was always entertaining.

With half a billion in the bank Conor doesn't need to fight anymore but here he is, still entertaining us, still hungry for titles and looking to create more history.

Conor turned down numerous movie roles (even generously passed one on to Bisping) to focus on MMA. Conor turned down lucrative offers from the WWE to focus on MMA. Conor has ignored Jake Paul and the massive payday that would bring to focus on MMA.

Dustin literally turned down a title shot for a money fight. So Conor haters, you can quit yapping about him caring only about money and how Dustin is the hungrier more noble hero with MMA in his heart.
If Conor would've cared...he wouldnt had took off 2 years doing nothing, while being a double champ...
He fucked his own fans

Conors legacy is that he beat the p4p #1 in the world to win the fw belt, then went up and made the lw champ look like an amateur and secured his second belt. Also beat a terrible style matchup to win an interim belt. He has wins over Alvarez, aldo, holloway, porier, cowboy, nate and mendez. It's crazy to say he has no legacy. I'm not saying hes even close to someone like khabib or jones in terms of actual fighting ability overall and their impact on other fighters, but how people say he isn't shit is beyond me, dude beat a lot of really great fighters and was always entertaining.
Did he defend the FW? Or rematch the p4p number 1?

One of the most ridiculous posts I've read.....and I've been around.

......and for the record , Poirier has actually put himself in position to get an earned payday. I'll use a boxing term and call it SAM money but hes actually fighting and earning payday.

From this loud drunk gobshite

To this humble ass kisser
1298058029.jpg

Lmao. That's a real human being fam.

You the same way all the time?

I've been utterly foul at times and utterly greatness and a saint others... this is a person.

Also what's that got to do with his legacy. His fighting legacy.

Lmao. That's a real human being fam.

You the same way all the time?

I've been utterly foul at times and utterly greatness and a saint others... this is a person.

Also what's that got to do with his legacy. His fighting legacy.
A real human?

You are missing my point, the point I was trying to make was, why has Conor gone from this shit talking fuck everyone attitude, to this humble nice guy respecting his last 2 opponents. He ass kissed both Cerrone and Doostin.

Conman

You do understand he fucked up his MMA career for a money fight in Boxing, right???

Back