Conor as a 2 weight champion would have an * for me

By who? You losers? Lol ok.
tumblr_oc6qau9n0a1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

platinum bless

Spot on TS. And the coddling Conor has benefitted from didn't start with the laughable LW title shot. His run at FW was built on being airlifted over every single wrestler in the top 10 ...except for late replacement Mendes.

Imagine that: a guy fighting for his second belt without having fought a single full camp wrestler to get there.

Conor's legacy so far:

- Has beaten 3 top 5 fighters.

- The only top 5 fights he's taken were Mendez (had 2 weeks to get in shape), Aldo (because belt), Nate (first because he was in Cabo 10 days out, then because Conor got humiliated and needed to beat him to salvage his brand) and now Eddy (because belt).

Conor = manufactured champion.

Spot on TS. And the coddling Conor has benefitted from didn't start with the laughable LW title shot. His run at FW was built on being airlifted over every single wrestler in the top 10 ...except for late replacement Mendes.

Imagine that: a guy fighting for his second belt without having fought a single full camp wrestler to get there.

Conor's legacy so far:

- The only top 5 fights he's taken were Mendez (had 2 weeks to get in shape), Aldo (because belt), Nate (first because he was in Cabo 10 days out, then because Conor got humiliated and needed to salvage his brand) and now Eddy (because belt).

Such butthurt. Much whining.

I just read that Rolling Stones article on Conor McGregor. How many casuals lack context after reading that?

If Conor wins It'll be everywhere. Pictures of Conor with 2 belts on his shoulders. Conor Casuals will run amok. However, i've never seen an athlete in another sport be gifted a championship game/finals matchup. He'll get credit for beating Eddie, but it wasn't earned. He skipped the "regular season and the Playoffs" in the Lightweight division.

WME-IMG needs to stop the hype machine fuckery and this ridiculous push Conor is getting to bring some legitimacy back to the UFC again. Do they want to compete with the NFL or Keeping up with the Kardashians? Are they creating athletes or diva celebrities?

If he beats Eddie it'd be impressive. There's no guys taking fights in multiple classes so it's interesting even if your not a fan.

I just read that Rolling Stones article on Conor McGregor. How many casuals lack context after reading that?

If Conor wins It'll be everywhere. Pictures of Conor with 2 belts on his shoulders. Conor Casuals will run amok. However, i've never seen an athlete in another sport be gifted a championship game/finals matchup. He'll get credit for beating Eddie, but it wasn't earned. He skipped the "regular season and the Playoffs" in the Lightweight division.

WME-IMG needs to stop the hype machine fuckery and this ridiculous push Conor is getting to bring some legitimacy back to the UFC again. Do they want to compete with the NFL or Keeping up with the Kardashians? Are they creating athletes or diva celebrities?
BJ was on a 2 fight losing streak at WW when he got a shot at GSP, esentially jumping to the front of the WW line. And BJ is my favorite fighter but let's not act like shit like this hasn't been going on for a while. It's just that people do not like conor.

1) No other fighters have been allowed to attempt this
2) Holding FW belt hostage with no desire to defend it.

Asterisk for sure.
BJ wasn't allowed to attempt winning the ww belt while holding the lw belt?

Conor's legacy so far:

- The only top 5 fights he's taken were Mendez (had 2 weeks to get in shape), Aldo (because belt), Nate (first because he was in Cabo 10 days out, then because Conor got humiliated and needed to beat him to salvage his brand) and now Eddy (because belt).

He's still winning you big baby. Three top 5 wins is nothing to sneeze at. Aldo had every chance to use that power double that he used effectively against Hominick, but he didn't. The sooner you realize that being a prize fighter is a sales job with the goal of selling tickets and PPVs, the sooner you babies can stop crying yourselves to sleep each night and get on with your lives.

Imagine if people said that when BJ beat Hughes. No regular season, no playoff: only the endgame. He didn't even look competitive in the rematch!

Yet, without EVER winning two belts at once, BJ was parading around Abu Dhabi like this:
18576_1083699109095_1724884045_156222_320428_n.jpg

That was a day before losing his belt and never ever coming close to winning another one.

So I guess you despise BJ and put a * in front of his resume, right?

Real fans know the truth. Open your eyes lemming.

The truth is while you're whining and moaning, Conor is going to become the first ever two division simultaneous champ.

Deal with it.

If he beats Eddie it'd be impressive.

Absolutely.

But here's the undeniable truth: the real champions beat guys like Eddie for the belt AND they beat legit top 5 threats to get there, or at the very least confirm by defending multiple times.

Conor meanwhile has beaten 2 week Mendes + Nate (because he cherry picked him on 10 days notice, got embarrassed and had no choice but to rematch). That was his route through the top 5 in both divisions.

The Sherdog poster with 1900 posts will give Conor an asterisk.

Oh no, what will Conor do?

There are a couple of things here, wasnt BJ a former WW champ then? and he also had defended the LW belt before going for the WW title, while it is "the same", is clearly not the same thing, by far.

As much as I dislike Conor's persona and a lot of his dumbass fans I hope he wins the LW strap. It will be good for MMA as far as the exposure goes.

I don't understand why people get so butthurt over these money fights. Pride did it all of the time and nobody bitched. Prize fighting is just as much a spectacle as it is a sport so non harm no fowl IMO.

Boxing does the same thing by giving their top draws so called showcase fights. They just did it with Canelo vs Smith ffs.

He's so full of himself I'm tired of it. Jus like you said he hasn't even faced a LW in UFC but gets the shot over GOAT Khabib. Ok he won the belt but hasn't even defended it once. What a joke. I can't give him that credit he didn't deserve but UFC brass see it fit unfortunately

Absolutely.

But here's the undeniable truth: the real champions beat guys like Eddie for the belt AND they beat legit top 5 threats to get there, or at the very least confirm by defending multiple times.

Conor meanwhile has beaten 2 week Mendes + Nate (because he cherry picked him on 10 days notice, got embarrassed and had no choice but to rematch). That was his route through the top 5 in both divisions.

He did rlly good@ BW and beat the GOAT. Although I think they should have a rematch.

I do think he's one-dimensional and kind of a more athletic Roy Nelson, taking blows to get that one power shot in. Def agree he was exposed by Mendez and Diaz and Jose is better rounded.

Even in 12second KO of Aldo he stood right in front of Jose and relied on absorbing a nasty right to fell the champ. That kind of strategy will take years off his career. Not enough focus on evasive tactics, like much MMA.

And sure he's prolly too big for BW.

That being said,he's the one of few with the balls to bounce around weight like that.

As much as I dislike Conor's persona and a lot of his dumbass fans I hope he wins the LW strap. It will be good for MMA as far as the exposure goes.

I don't understand why people get so butthurt over these money fights. Pride did it all of the time and nobody bitched. Prize fighting is just as much a spectacle as it is a sport so non harm no fowl IMO.

Boxing does the same thing by giving their top draws so called showcase fights. They just did it with Canelo vs Smith ffs.

I agree but ppl get upset because Pride always said it was a freekshow while Dana and Co keep doing inconsistent things.

Dana bashed guys like Nelson saying he makes the sport look bad, talks about being professional while wearing Vans and Ramones t-shirts to pressers, bashes a top NFL player Greg Hardy whose training MMA,...all while signing an aged pro wrestler w 0 experience and gets 2 amateurs signed to fight him, in CM Punk. He arranged all that and pays McGregor millions and lets him go anywhere while failing to make accomodations for the GOAT HW Fedor, WMMA GOAT Cyborg, and also losing GSP and maybe even Aldo.

It's more the hypocricy ppl get worked up about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goratchyk
Back