• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor and Gunnar Nelson learning some weird voodoo movement BS(warning: long sticks)

that really doesnt mean very much. The standard of soccer in Brazil below the top few clubs (Corinthians, Santos, Inter) Is pretty poor.

How many Copa Libartaores have Brazilian clubs won since 2000? about 5 in 15 years, all the decent Brazilians are in Europe.

FIFA rankings Brazil are only the 4th best team in South America right now.

Lol.

First saying the top clubs in Brazil are Corinthians, Santos and Inter.

Second. Brazil has 5 world titles, trying to diminish brazilian players is foolish.

Third. Using FIFA rankings.

Just lol.

Brazil has 5 world titles, trying to diminish brazilian players is foolish.

And Liverpool have five European cups, but that doesnt mean we are currently the best in the world.

Three of those world titles were before Aldo was even born.

So the point was, that "nearly turning pro" in Brazil, not the strongest of football leagues in the world, isnt particularly anything to write home about.

And actually, the poster i was mentioning was saying that Aldo nearly being pro in Brazil was so much better than better than McGregor being a good footballer in Ireland...

First world cup of both Aldo and McGregor's lifetime, the 2000 world cup

Brazil got knocked out in the last 16
Ireland made the last 8

:D

Yeah the spinning kick might be a bit harder to master. Agree.

fSbcTaP.gif

And Liverpool have five European cups, but that doesnt mean we are currently the best in the world.

So the point was, that "nearly turning pro" in Brazil, not the strongest of football leagues in the world, isnt particularly anything to write home about.

And actually, the poster i was mentioning was saying that Aldo nearly being pro in Brazil was so much better than better than McGregor being a good footballer in Ireland...

Ireland made the last 8

Again, you're downplaying brazilian players. Of course the best Brazilian players are in Europe, that's where the money is, but where do you think they did start playing? In Brazil, of course.

And World Cup in 2000? You lost me, bro.

Ireland made the last 8

There was no world cup in the year 2000.

There was one in 1998 where Brazil reached the final. And there was one in 2002 that brazil won.

Aldo isn't as fluid, but has really sharp hits. I think if Aldo doesn't stand there trying to figure Conor out too much, then he'll win.

Again, you're downplaying brazilian players. Of course the best Brazilian players are in Europe, that's where the money is, but where do you think they did start playing? In Brazil, of course.

And World Cup in 2000? You lost me, bro.

There was no world cup in the year 2000.

There was one in 1998 where Brazil reached the final. And there was one in 2002 that brazil won.

1990. brain fart.

Point is, the person i was responding too was downplaying Irish football and up-playing Aldo's footballing capabilities because he nearly turned pro in Brazil. Suggesting that Brazil are superior by some margin.

Aldo and McGregor's first world cup after they were born was 1990 (Italy)

Ireland made the 1/4 finals
Brazil got knocked out in the last 16 :D

Ido Portal is the man. Been following him for years on youtube.

uh, gl with this bs, mcgregor

1990. brain fart.

Point is, the person i was responding too was downplaying Irish football and up-playing Aldo's footballing capabilities because he nearly turned pro in Brazil. Suggesting that Brazil are superior by some margin.

Aldo and McGregor's first world cup after they were born was 1990 (Italy)

Ireland made the 1/4 finals
Brazil got knocked out in the last 16 :D

uh, yeah brazil's overall ability in the sport is way higher than ireland

i agree, turning pro doesnt mean much, but the quality of players here is a lot bigger, they just all end up playing abroad

chad-mendes-crazy-push-up-gif.gif

tumblr_n48vlfz2571ry1rm7o1_400.gif

vs

IpmKtR2.gif

You have no idea what athletic means, huh?

Is that the guy who gassed after a few minutes against conor and got promptly KTFO?

Oh dear you really walked into that one.

[YT]DTLS5iX3fC4[/YT]

Maybe its just a smarter approach to training ? Look at the wear and tear some fighters have put themselves through in training, especially with hard sparing, it adds up.

As for the whole who's the better footballer, it's probably Aldo but who give a shit ? It has no bearing on who is the better fighter and we wont find that out until about 2 weeks time.

some of the stuff in ido's video is pretty impressive

X3360_.gif

I know a lot of Sherbros are completely critical of everything, but I really thought it was a cool video. He isn't someone I'd want to hang out with because he seems like one of those 100% serious all the time characters, but as far as training, I envy his core stability, balance, and flexibility. It really is impressive.

Back