• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor’s plan is obvious

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do we know for sure?

1- Conor won’t fight for less than “his value” which the UFC can only validate by making a blockbuster of a matchup.

2- Conor wants/needs TheRematch. He can’t just move on after what Khabib(and his team) did to him(and his team) ... The only way around this is if Khabib disappears and/or loses the Title.

3- If Conor loses his next fight, his stock will drop significantly which means it would no longer be prudent for the UFC to pay him “his value” nor will there be a blockbuster of a matchup to make. Sure you could make some hugely interesting fights but they wouldn’t garner the type of attention required to justify the type of pay that Conor demands.

So what does this all mean?

Conor is banking on the idea that it’s only a matter of time before either Khabib or his opponent, whether that be Dustin in September or the winner of Tony/Cowboy later, will drop out due to injury... and Conor will seize the moment.

That is his ticket back to Khabib and/or the Title = blockbuster matchup = being paid “his value”

Of course it goes without saying that if Khabib is the one who has to pull out, the UFC will proceed with an interim title.

I’d say the odds are in Conor’s favor and I’ll go even further and say that Conor will fight for the title, undisputed or interim, before years end.

Last edited:
You think they'd let Conor fight in Abu Dhabi?

They had enough issues in Las Vegas. If Poirier pulls out, they'll cancel the event and reschedule it

Conor's next fight will more than likely be in a court room... or twitter.

They had enough issues in Las Vegas. If Poirier pulls out, they'll cancel the event and reschedule it

Tbf they have some fucking hardcore laws in the U.A.E I don't see anyone acting up there, they fucking lock up artists and famous people all the time lol

I was thinking about this and the answer is yes. Abu Dhabi/Dubai are very very western and a surprisingly large portion of the population are foreigners. It wouldn’t be the hostile environment you might think.

UFC aren't cutting themselves short on time to promote a Conor fight
They also aren't selling tickets at a price tag of a regular fight and then giving a Conor fight away at those non-premium ticket prices

Tbf they have some fucking hardcore laws in the U.A.E I don't see anyone acting up there, they fucking lock up artists and famous people all the time lol

I was thinking about this and the answer is yes. Abu Dhabi/Dubai are very very western and a surprisingly large portion of the population are foreigners. It wouldn’t be the hostile environment you might think.

I don't think it'll be an event brawl like it was last time. I fear for Poirier as well btw. The fans there might get a bit on edge. Khabib's die hard fans are known for death threats, not sure if anybody would act upon murder but I can see them attempting to fuck up Conor or Poirier. It's not the safest place to go.

Then again, you never know. Might not be as bad as I think. I'm just pissed that the event begins at 2:00 PM Est, I hate early events

Or Tony steps in and gets his belt back

source.gif

Conor is supposedly in a cast right now and can't train because of that and legal troubles--and he needs to do more whiskey ads.

I think he'll just wait til Khabib's dethroned, and RM him in Vegas if Khabib hasnt retired. If he does retire, Conor will just spin it as Khabib ducking him

UFC aren't cutting themselves short on time to promote a Conor fight
They also aren't selling tickets at a price tag of a regular fight and then giving a Conor fight away at those non-premium ticket prices

Before Conor lost to Khabib I would have agreed with you but if Dustin does drop out you best believe that Conor will be the number one option, short on time or not, to fill that spot. It would be the biggest combat sporting event the middle east has ever seen. Trust me dude I’m telling you, there is scarcely a household in the larger middle eastern countries today that don’t know and love Khabib and attached to their familiarity with Khabib, is Conor. It would be epic.

If cowboy wins McGregor fights him for an #1 contender fight

If Ferguson wins he sits
If Dustin wins vs khabib they run it back and Conor get a much better and easier style matchup
He then fights khabib as champion and thus gets a larger piece of the pie(khabib won’t have r the belt or power in this scenario)
If khabib beat Dustin they do the rematch.
If either khabib or Dustin pullout cowboy or Ferguson can step in assuming they make weight

The final scenario is that he’s really retired and doesn’t want to risk his health unnecessarily in which case this thread isn’t needed.

... I fear for Poirier as well btw. The fans there might get a bit on edge...

Don’t.

I don't think it'll be an event brawl like it was last time. I fear for Poirier as well btw. The fans there might get a bit on edge. Khabib's die hard fans are known for death threats...

Abu Dhabi / Dubai are some of the safest places in the world, with all due respect I think you’re talking out of your ass brah. If you were to engage in a fist fight in the street there, you are kicked out of the country, it’s like that.

Conor is supposedly in a cast right now and can't train because of that and legal troubles--and he needs to do more whiskey ads.

September is still four months away. The Whiskey ads could be a problem though...

I think he'll just wait til Khabib's dethroned, and RM him in Vegas if Khabib hasnt retired. If he does retire, Conor will just spin it as Khabib ducking him

I don’t think he’s training like a mad man just to stay in shape.

Since he bought a whiskey distillery and invested a little fortune to launch his own beverage I guess it is pretty obvious that his plan is to make money without getting punched in the face ever again

September is still four months away. The Whiskey ads could be a problem though...

Keep in mind he can't even go to his homies (WMMA I get it) fights because of the devastation on his... you guess it. I lost track after the foot. Sounds pretty serious. Hopefully we see videos of him running with the cast. Staying strong twitter feeds explaining you can still do anything even with a cast (but WMMA)...

I don't think it'll be an event brawl like it was last time. I fear for Poirier as well btw. The fans there might get a bit on edge. Khabib's die hard fans are known for death threats, not sure if anybody would act upon murder but I can see them attempting to fuck up Conor or Poirier. It's not the safest place to go.

Then again, you never know. Might not be as bad as I think. I'm just pissed that the event begins at 2:00 PM Est, I hate early events

Khabibs goons shouldn't even be allowed in most countries if I'm being fucking honest BUT Muslim law will punish them just as severely as anyone else possibly even moreso.

Its important to note that places like Abu dabi are some of the richest places on earth no multimillionaire is going to risk life in prison for doing something stupid. We're talking about a country that will put you in jail for going into debt.

Nobody in the audience will be risking anything, they make not like Conor but this is a highly advanced rich af country, not iraq.

Khabib will not fight Conor if someone gets injured for undisclosed reasons. He will pull out of the fight for a proper training. And if he does that, he absolutely has my full support, because this would be the right thing to do. They will try to fuck up Khabib throwing Conor in these specific situations, but they will not succeed.

Fuck Conor, fuck UFC, WAR Khabib! Alhamdulillah.

Khabib will not fight Conor if someone gets injured for undisclosed reasons. He will pull out of the fight for a proper training. And if he does that, he absolutely has my full support, because this would be the right thing to do. They will try to fuck up Khabib throwing Conor in these specific situations, but they will not succeed.

Fuck Conor, fuck UFC, WAR Khabib! Alhamdulillah.

It’s being reported that Khabib has just signed a new, highly lucrative deal and Khabib’s father just disclosed recently that the UFC/Conor are pushing very hard for TheRematch... I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some stipulation in that contract regarding Conor.

If Dustin were to pull out at Abu Dhabi and the options came down to either late replacement Conor or Khabib canceling altogether, I’d be shocked if Khabib didn’t accept the replacement rather than ditching his MiddleEastern fans who are very much looking forward to his arrival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back