Media Connor Mcgregor Mirroring Mike Tyson In All The Wrong Ways. Is Chandler His Lennox Lewis?

His corner man had water and ice in a rubber glove, using it as an enswell.
I think we can take that as a sign he wasn't taking things serious at that point.

Tyson has shown his true person and been exposed for all the things he has done wrong.
There's really no need for him to lie about that time in his life.
I think when you reach those heights at such an early age it can fuck you up.

Jon Jones on the other hand has done nothing but lie about everything he's done or doing.
I think that's why people give Tyson leeway.
I understand what you mean but I think we should offer leeway more often. We are humans and God knows we are not innocent either. Fighters mostly come from turmoil and turbulent backgrounds and it's the human thing to be more understanding, sir.

I love the game of "who would've won if things were totally different". The possibilities are endless!

I understand what you mean but I think we should offer leeway more often. We are humans and God knows we are not innocent either. Fighters mostly come from turmoil and turbulent backgrounds and it's the human thing to be more understanding, sir.

I agree to a degree, but as a former knucklehead I can say I had to work hard for any kind leeway from the people that were around me.
Some people forgave me, and some people didn't.

I can't blame the people that didn't forgive or give me leeway...I created that.
Self accountability is the only way to be forgiven, but it doesn't always lead to forgiveness just because one wants it sir.

That is up to people that were hurt or offended by the situation.
I had to accept that some people weren't going to forgive me, which was my own fault due to my actions.

I grew up in a shitty place with shitty people around, but I made the choice to do dumb things, I can't blame anyone but me for my own bad times.
Regardless of the fact that I haven't done anything stupid in nearly 20 years I still have people who don't talk to me, and that's their right brother.

Here's the thing about Tyson. He never beat another great of his own era.

The only ATG he beat was Larry Holmes, who was a great of the previous era, was ancient by then, called out of retirement and without a training camp for a big payday.

The other greats from his own era were Lewis, Holyfield and Bowe. He went 0-3 against 2 of them and never fought the other.

I seriously don't understand the way people talk about Tyson. Sure he passed the eye test, he looked amazing but he never actually proved it against the best. His resume is pitiful when you consider the light in which people talk about him.

Lewis beat Klitschko, Holyfield, Golota, Briggs, Rahman, Morrison, Mercer, Bowe (in the ammies), Tua, Tyson himself, and more. plus he avenged both his losses meaning he beat every man he ever fought professionally.

Holyfield beat Tyson, Bowe, Moorer, Qawi, Foreman, Mercer, Ruiz, had a draw with Lewis. An even older version of Holmes than Tyson beat so not that impressive.

Bowe's resume pails in comparison to the other 2 guys but is reinforced by his wins over Holyfield.

Tyson beat Holmes, Tillis, Bruno (who Lewis also beat) Ruddock who gave him 2 wars (who Lewis destroyed in under 2 rounds), and who else is even impressive? Spinks?

His resume doesn't match up to the legend of Tyson.

Tyson captured the imagination like no boxer before or after him, and that put him up so high that it felt like he would never be touched.

Turns out he'd beat himself and fall from that pedestal.
Its the moments that he had before fallin, snd they way he rose again which is the reason people talk about him like they do sir.

Chinny? Lol. Educate yourself.

Oliver McCall, Hasim Rahman both cracked that chin. Both are no one’s Top 25 HWs or first ballot HoF equivalent level. Mercer had him hurt but couldn’t get a rematch. Klitschko was winning, had him hurt, but couldn’t get a rematch. Lewis was indeed chinny the same way Tommy Hearns was (when we’re comparing them to ALL TIME GREATS)

I personally think prime Tyson is too fast, too good with his combinations, and too relentless to not KO prime Lewis. Just my opinion.

Chinny? Lol. Educate yourself.

Oliver McCall, Hasim Rahmin
I never get tired of the woulda, coulda, shoulda when it comes to discussing Mike Tyson's career. It's a shame the only conclusive footage we have is him getting dog-walked by (an also past-prime) Lennox Lewis.

Prime Tyson would've smoked Buster Douglas too! Oh wait.
Buster lost his Mother, and never fought or looked like that fighter again in his life. Tyson didn’t train, even had back fat, and his corner didn’t bother bringing enswell. Let’s not act like any credible sources, documentaries portray Tyson taking that fight seriously or anyone credible giving Douglas a chance.

the fact he associates with redpill MMA
tells me everything i need to know.

Both guys peake at completely different times
20 year old mike kills Lennox
30 year old lennox slaps 30.year old mike

But how does early 20s tyson do vs late 20s/early 30s Lewis? That's the question

One aged like fine wine and the other was a shooting star

Oliver McCall, Hasim Rahmin

Buster lost his Mother, and never fought or looked like that fighter again in his life. Tyson didn’t train, even had back fat, and his corner didn’t bother bringing enswell. Let’s not act like any credible sources, documentaries portray Tyson taking that fight seriously or anyone credible giving Douglas a chance.
"I also heard Tyson accidentally set the thermostat to 73 degrees the night before, when he usually had it at 72! If he set it to 72, he would've beat Buster and been the best boxer who ever lived."

I love this game, it never ends!

Lennox was the best heavyweight since Ali, he was gonna beat Tyson in any era. Khabib was his Lennox Lewis.
They peaked a decade apart even though they were similar age. And no if they fought when they were both 20 yrs old Mike stops him within 6 rds

Now the 35 yr old Lewis vs the 21 yr old tyson would be a banger. Tyson most definitely could have caught that weak chin when lesser fighters in McCall & rahman knocked Lennox dead

Lennox was chinny, the Mike that fought Ruddick beats the brakes off Lennox. The Mike that was still training with Kevin Rooney could’ve predicted the (early) round.
The version of Mike that fought Ruddick was a bad mother fucker! Those 2 fights were so good and nobody talks about them much.

Mike VS Douglas = Conor VS Nate 1

Mike VS Evander = Conor Vs Dustin 1 and 2

Mike VS Lennox = Conor VS Khabib

Mike VS Kevin/Danny = Conor vs Chandler

Lennox was the best heavyweight since Ali, he was gonna beat Tyson in any era. Khabib was his Lennox Lewis.

Naw, when Tyson was on point, he was especially devastating against taller technical fighters like Lewis. Tyson height was an asset, as he would duck under the jab and counter.

Lewis was slow on his feet and predictable.

Oliver McCall, Hasim Rahman both cracked that chin. Both are no one’s Top 25 HWs or first ballot HoF equivalent level. Mercer had him hurt but couldn’t get a rematch. Klitschko was winning, had him hurt, but couldn’t get a rematch. Lewis was indeed chinny the same way Tommy Hearns was (when we’re comparing them to ALL TIME GREATS)

Was Tyson chinny? Because he's been on the canvas more than Lewis, and been knocked out more than Lewis.

Lewis absorbed bombs from some of the heaviest hitters of his day, including Tua, Vitali, Tyson and Briggs. That's not a guy who is chinny.

The only thing that can be compared is that Tyson and Mcg made money but got less because of the promoters (Dana and Don king). But otherwise both are completely different and I hope Chandler can get his cardio on point.

Back