Connor... FW debacle

TheGumby

Claymation Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So RDA pulls out and we are going to get a short notice presumable slaughter for his LW debut in the UFC. Then I would presume RDA match would be UFC 200. Essentially the FW division gets put on hold for almost a year? That's pretty crazy doesn't make a lot of sense.

Conor, not Connor. And if he can "slaughter" any of the replacement fighters being rumored to step in, that is still impressive. Also, if you are gonna bitch, it should be directed at RDA.

Yeah it's a messed up situation

I tink its possible McGregor defends the FW belt against Frankie at 200 and then challenges RDA after that... If not, then Frankie sits. Again.

Everybody should be used to it. Aldo has been champ since 2010. Then there's other inactive champions like Cain, Werdum, Weidman, Pettis, maybe more.

However I do think they should make an interim Featherweight title if Conor doesn't either defend it or give it up in his next fight after 196

If they were smart they would just reschedule the fight or scrap it and have Conor actually defend his belt against Edgar.

Holly vs Miesha becoming the main event is an easy solution but of course the UFC is greedy and want 2 paydays from Conor instead of 1.

If they were smart they would just scrap the fight and reschedule it

Holly vs Miesha becoming the main event is an easy solution but of course the UFC is greedy and want 2 paydays from Conor instead of 1.
2 is better than 1, 3 is better than 2, etc. Here you go

Conor wants a pay day too. As do all these potential Conor opponents. And the fans want a Conor fight. So the UFC puts on a Conor fight.

2 is better than 1, 3 is better than 2, etc. Here you go

Conor wants a pay day too. As do all these potential Conor opponents. And the fans want a Conor fight. So the UFC puts on a Conor fight.

Yep, money rules over credibility.

Hence CM Punk, instant rematches, and Conor's 2 interim title fights.

Realistically Conor should defend his belt next after this lightweight fight, but of course they'll want to do the fight with RDA as soon as possible as long as Conor wins.

So RDA pulls out and we are going to get a short notice presumable slaughter for his LW debut in the UFC. Then I would presume RDA match would be UFC 200. Essentially the FW division gets put on hold for almost a year? That's pretty crazy doesn't make a lot of sense.

Even if that should be the case, Cruz, Cain, Couture and possibly other have stalled a division for way longer before.
We'll see, in the next days there should be answers.

Back