Connor compared to Benson and Cerrone.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 2COATS, Jan 19, 2015.

1. 2COATS

2COATS Blue Belt

After watching Benson Henderson and Donald Cerone swing and miss for 15 minutes, watching Conor was a breath of fresh air.

Personally I felt like Cerrone vs Benson was boring as hell. Watching them feint, swing and miss, fail to commit to any attacks for 15 minutes of patty cake was truly disappointing. I was expecting them to go after it. Benson had 6 seconds in the final round and instead of engaging was running away to burn the clock. Neither guy could get off or find his range in 15 minutes of fighting. It didn't feel like you were watching elite fighters by any means.

Then Conor comes on and it was like a breath of fresh air of mixfight. From the first seconds of the fight Conor began finding his range. His kicks, his punches everything was thrown from perfect range at the right timing and finding its target. You didn't see him swing wildly and miss. Even his kicks that missed, would just barely wiz by Siver's head. You could tell you were watching a real professional, someone who dedicated his life to this.

I haven't seen a fighter who is so competent in boxing but can also brawl if he needs to and also throw kicks from all angles with bad intentions. Spinning kicks, front push kicks, high kicks,switch kicks etc. Most guys who have fancy kicks lack boxing and get walked through and beat up if they don't land anything early but Conor has it all.

I must say his ability to find firing range off the bat was impressive. It felt like the first round was the third round based on the way Conor was able to hit his targets. I personally don't know how he will do against Aldo and I don't care. The guy is a real skilled professional and anyone who understands striking will tell you this.

Cerrone and Benson should watch his fights and take notes. Their fight was a snoozefest.

2. Korky Buchek

Korky Buchek Banned Banned

Fight 1: 2 evenly matched opponents
    Fight 2: mismatch

It's easy to look exciting when you're teeing off on a walking pi

3. Pangi

Pangi Green Belt

Another Benson "Snooze" Henderson classic. i had it a win for Cerrone only just glad Benson lost maybe his next fight he will have a sense of urgency.

4. theincognito

theincognito Brown Belt

5. SpiderNxno

SpiderNxno Blue Belt

but Tibau/Parke was great

6. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

7. faustian

faustian I'M NOT A MONSTER Platinum Member

Yeah I'm sure neither Benson nor Cerrone would've dominated Siver with his 20 inch reach

8. Git rekt

Git rekt Blue Belt

Hes Speaking of how closely matched benson and cerrone was and how mismatched Conor and siver was. I agree with him too. Not say Siver was a can, But it was obvious mcgregor was on another level. Similar to the Cerrone-Jury fight.

9. 2COATS

2COATS Blue Belt

Are you suggesting Conor would have trouble finding his range on Cerrone who has the boxing defense of a stiff surfboard stuck in the sand? Nate Diaz broke the punches landed record on his face for reason.

10. Blah4

Blah4 Purple Belt

Cowboy finished Siver alot faster to be fair. Bendo is a decision machine but he would dominate Siver. And its not like Siver was a bad fighter at 155, he won four in a row b4 he faced Cerrone.

[​IMG]

11. hoevan

hoevan Blue Belt

I think Mcgregor beats both of them.

12. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

Cowboy beat the shit out of Siver too bro.

The difference is, nobody really gave a damn 'cause it's only Dennis Siver.

13. ThePewp

ThePewp Green Belt

Cowboy, Benson, Edgar, and Melendez all finish Conor in the second by TKO.

14. JayElectra

JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

Cerrone annihilated Siver, as well. Cerrone was on the best win streaks in MMA, Bendo has been an elite LW for the last 4 years, and they had already fought each other twice before. When you face lower competition, things often look a lot easier.

15. Sjb1888

Sjb1888 Silver Belt

It's amazing what hate can do your perception, Conor is on another level to Cowboy and Benson standing, you have to be blind or have seriously allowed your perception to be clouded if you can't see that.

I really don't know know if he can beat Aldo, coz Aldo is also on another level to 99% of MMA fighters.

But I'm sure no one at 145 has a better chance than Conor.

16. DaveHilly

DaveHilly Black Belt

Cerrone vs. Bendo was a match up of two of the top guys in their division both near their peak and very familiar with each other.

Conor vs. Siver was a slightly above average fighter against a 36 year old with 8 inch reach...

You can't really compare those match ups.

17. 5Rounder

5Rounder Brown Belt

Cerrone's significantly larger than McGregor and would likely toss him to the ground and submit him in the first, get real.

18. SpartanKhmy

SpartanKhmy Purple Belt

The irony of this post...but that's none of my business

19. 5Rounder

5Rounder Brown Belt

Ya, wtvs.

20. ArkhamAsylum

ArkhamAsylum Red Belt

This.