• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Congratulations, Texas: Highest maternal mortality in developed world thanks to GOP budget cuts

Yeah, that's what it is. White Christians.

Or maybe it's the thing that's very clearly explained in the original article and many posts - Texas Republicans forced a massive closure of providers that hasn't happened anywhere else, with predictable consequences - and you're just pretending to be so stupid you can't find that information.
Yeah, it says a surgical procedure the level of an abortion needs to be done in a hospital or at a facility that has admitting rights to a local hospital. I live here, I know what the law says.

Then buy a fucking bus ticket if you want an abortion in Texas, because that's the law.

That's fine but closing clinics hurt people who are not looking to even have an abortion.

What you're saying doesn't make sense.

I bet you can still get an abortion in Texas

If you have a car, and it's in good condition, and you can afford gas for long trips, and you have a job where you can take time off during the week, sure.

In other words, it's not a problem for middle class and wealthy people.
And poor people? Hey, fuck them. If they didn't want to die in childbirth, they should have thought of that before choosing to be poor.

Irony at its finest

In an attempt by texas law makers to close down abortion clinics across the state they also closed clinics that weren't even perfeoming abolitions.

So to save the life of some fetus they sacrificed grown women's lives.

This goes against science and modern medical data.

Texas is stupid. Anyone defending this should be ashamed. Plus modern medicine and science told you this would happen.
That's fine but closing clinics hurt people who are not looking to even have an abortion.

What you're saying doesn't make sense.
But you're not talking about those people, those people aren't referenced in the op.

Yeah, it says a surgical procedure the level of an abortion needs to be done in a hospital or at a facility that has admitting rights to a local hospital. I live here, I know what the law says.

Nobody's talking about what the law is or whether you know it or not.

Desperate to change the subject?

They're all mexicans, they don't even belong here.

They should go back home to ensure the highest quality care.

Liberals also, feel free to go to Mexico undocumented to have your children. You will end up in a ditch. lol

Fucking LOL

This is what the right has been reduced to. Just completely gave up. No arguments left so just go out in a blaze of Stormfront fire.

Enjoy winning Texas by 5 percentage points in November because come 2020, it's going blue.

Actuslly this is perfect for the religious right.

It prevents abortions and also punishes women the religious right deems unfit for wanting a say over their own Bodies and using birth control.

Here's one representative saying such:

When The Texas Tribune asked state Rep. Wayne Christian (R-Nacogdoches), a supporter of the family planning cuts, if this was a war on birth control, he said "yes."

"Well of course this is a war on birth control and abortions and everything — that's what family planning is supposed to be about," Christian said.

If you have a car, and it's in good condition, and you can afford gas for long trips, and you have a job where you can take time off during the week, sure.

In other words, it's not a problem for middle class and wealthy people.
And poor people? Hey, fuck them. If they didn't want to die in childbirth, they should have thought of that before choosing to be poor.
It's not a matter of rich v poor but urban v rural. And I don't buy your numbers. That big of a spike in mortality isn't coming from rural areas. Also, this all came to fruition with the 2400 page aca that regulated more tax dollars to go towards places like planned parenthood. What about all the promise of pass now fix later. Well, take that shit out and I bet Texas changes policy towards pp.

This also doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say here
The thread is about the spike in mortality rate in Texas due to local legislation, not about some lady not being able to get bc pills because she can't afford to go to the dr. I thought the aca was going to fix all of this.

The thread is about the spike in mortality rate in Texas due to local legislation, not about some lady not being able to get bc pills because she can't afford to go to the dr. I thought the aca was going to fix all of this.

You can ignore the quote of the texas law makers who helped back this type of defunding all you want.

This is an attack on sex, women's rights, children, birth control, abortion, free choiceand common decency.

You can ignore the quote of the texas law makers who helped back this type of defunding all you want.

This is an attack on sex, women's rights, children, birth control, abortion, free choiceand common decency.
Women can still go to the Dr and get whatever they fucking want. Again, I thought the aca was going to make sure everyone got healthcare

Women can still go to the Dr and get whatever they fucking want. Again, I thought the aca was going to make sure everyone got healthcare

You might to actually read this and stop saying "I'm from texas I know the law"

Regardless what you say you're wrong. These stats are pathetic for a modernized country.

Stop acting proud that this is taking place in your state. It's pathetic really. You don't close clinics and make it near impossible for women to get medical help.

Nobody's talking about what the law is or whether you know it or not.

Desperate to change the subject?
Oh so this is wr thread about your feels and suspect theory on maternal mortality, got it. And I don't care. I was replying to a post that referenced "the law of the land" and I gave the law of the land with respect to the ACTUAL SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD.

Jesus, I just looked at your source the guardian.

Lol, I think we're done here.

It's not a matter of rich v poor but urban v rural. And I don't buy your numbers. That big of a spike in mortality isn't coming from rural areas. Also, this all came to fruition with the 2400 page aca that regulated more tax dollars to go towards places like planned parenthood. What about all the promise of pass now fix later. Well, take that shit out and I bet Texas changes policy towards pp.

This inane nonsense gets a :rolleyes:
and nothing more

Saved nearly 74 million and only had a .00014 - .00016 increase in odds of death. Meh. Although its just a net positive if it doesnt add to the cost to support welfare babies-- which i dont think Texas will cough up tax dollars for.

However, reduction in women's / abortion clinics is not an exclusive trend we are seeing in red states; blue states are also seeing a reduction in the availability of clinics.

It's not just Texas: abortion clinics are rapidly closing in liberal states, too

Exact numbers for clinic closures are hard to come by. A rough count by the Abortion Care Network, though, found that for every three clinics that closed in a red state in the past few years, two clinics closed in a more liberal state – one of the 17 states where Medicaid covers abortion, or one of 23 states that the Guttmacher Institute, a thinktank that supports reproductive rights, does not consider hostile to abortion access. A list compiled by the Guardian of more than 50 clinics that closed for good in 2014 shows that a little more than half were located in blue states.

Of course, i'm not sure if women's health clinics / abortion clinics are mutually exclusive in this regard.

Last edited:
Here's the kicker, I'd trade the 2nd amendment even money for a legislative overhaul of right to abortion. And I don't mean a ban on abortion or closing pp. I mean yes for cases of rape incest more medically necessary and no for a junior in college that got drunk with her bf and made a booboo. You shouldn't be able to kill an unborn child because it's an inconvenience

Back