Congratulations Cameron Diffley

...Dunno about that, he gave lots of very specific advice on what to try from the closed guard. The closed guard was getting Tim raped and when, after much badgering from his corner, he switched to butterfly, it definately meant he was eating less leather and in position to scramble more and try different subs.

Yeah, but thats not my point. Butterfly could have (and probably was) a better plan for him. But if you tell the guy to switch to butterfly for half a round and hes not then he obviously doesnt feel comfortable doing it. Forget the butterfly for now, and help him with what he is trying to do RIGHT NOW.

When the round is over talk about game plan.

Well thats probably because most people on here dont know what a good corner is. A good corner would have enabled Tim to win that fight, 1000%. Tim was technically superior on the ground by far.

Maybe the people who disagree with me didnt see the same fight I saw?

From what I've seen, Credeur's butterfly guard sweeps are his best weapon off his back. That was the only spot where he was getting offense going against Jesse, and Riddle spoke highly of Credeur's butterfly guard after he fought him. He absolutely needed to get to butterfly guard, and when he chose to get there he did well.

I've rolled with Jesse quite a few times and his top game/athleticism/strength wears on you, I'm pretty sure Credeur was just being beaten mentally and physically and didn't have it in him to win that fight. He needed to work from butterfly guard, and that was the best advice his corner could have possibly given him.

Yeah, but thats not my point. Butterfly could have (and probably was) a better plan for him. But if you tell the guy to switch to butterfly for half a round and hes not then he obviously doesnt feel comfortable doing it. Forget the butterfly for now, and help him with what he is trying to do RIGHT NOW.

When the round is over talk about game plan.

Sometimes, a beaten down fighter who's exhausted just needs to hear his coach demand something out of him. A few times in the fight, after he basically ordered Credeur to go there, he went there. I think, at that point, Credeur just didn't want his guard passed and was content to hang out and avoid the TKO, though.

Congrats to cameron, i thought his coaching was good for TUF creduer fight.

Tim had an injured shoulder and as a result the butterfly was difficult for him to do. Anyways, congrats to Cam.

i thought he was a solid corner man for tim during that fight

Cam's a great teacher, and he was a damn good corner man on the show. His corner's record alone on the show should prove that. Even during the elimination fights, Rampage made the comment to Forrest "Your corner is kicking my corner's ass"

Not to mention he received his black from the same guy who gave Frank Mir his, so Cam is no joke with the Jits.

Cameron was like BJ yelling "omoplata!" from every position possible lol. You need to give the guy a blueprint on how to get there.

LOL I like that!!! Hahahahaa..
OMOPLATA!!

I'm looking for a jujitsu coach and I think I just found a place in Legion BJJ.

Congrats to your instructor!!! Edit: This was 6 months ago. Must have missed it then. Sorry about that.

Cam's a great teacher, and he was a damn good corner man on the show. His corner's record alone on the show should prove that. Even during the elimination fights, Rampage made the comment to Forrest "Your corner is kicking my corner's ass"

Not to mention he received his black from the same guy who gave Frank Mir his, so Cam is no joke with the Jits.

... because frank mir's jiu jitsu is so spectacular...

... because frank mir's jiu jitsu is so spectacular...

Nog is very good, so this will be a good fight. That said, just because you don't show spectacular jiu-jitsu doesn't mean you don't have good or even great jiu-jitsu. Robert Drysdale's (the guy who beat Marcelo Garcia in the ADCC absolute in 2007) been training Frank Mir for his fight with Nog. He recently said:

"No, I have never rolled with Minotauro, although I got close to at the show. The day he trained with Demian I wasen't there! too bad, I'm a big fan of his. As for Frank, he's one of the most intelligent fighters I've ever worked with, he learns incredibly fast and I won't be surprised if he finishes Nogueira. People don't really know how much he's evolved technically in the last few months. We will see, remember, a fight is a fight, but I'm putting my money on Frank."

Nog is very good, so this will be a good fight. That said, just because you don't show spectacular jiu-jitsu doesn't mean you don't have good or even great jiu-jitsu. Robert Drysdale's (the guy who beat Marcelo Garcia in the ADCC absolute in 2007) been training Frank Mir for his fight with Nog. He recently said:

"No, I have never rolled with Minotauro, although I got close to at the show. The day he trained with Demian I wasen't there! too bad, I'm a big fan of his. As for Frank, he's one of the most intelligent fighters I've ever worked with, he learns incredibly fast and I won't be surprised if he finishes Nogueira. People don't really know how much he's evolved technically in the last few months. We will see, remember, a fight is a fight, but I'm putting my money on Frank."

I hate to stay off subjuect in this thread, but because drysdale edorses someone does not mean anything, he said that Joe stevenson was better than 95% of the black blets out there when he awarded joe his black belt, then joe gets submitted a week later. It is PR more than naything else.

I hate to stay off subjuect in this thread, but because drysdale edorses someone does not mean anything, he said that Joe stevenson was better than 95% of the black blets out there when he awarded joe his black belt, then joe gets submitted a week later. It is PR more than naything else.

So? I didn't know that losing to Kenny Florian meant one had bad jiu-jitsu. In fact, Joe has submitted at least one other black belt in an MMA fight (though he was probably a brown at the time). You know what I don't like: I don't like people criticizing others without just cause. Ignorantly trash talking Frank Mir's jiu-jitsu or Joe Stevenson's jiu-jitsu is presumptuous.

So? I didn't know that losing to Kenny Florian meant one had bad jiu-jitsu. In fact, Joe has submitted at least one other black belt in an MMA fight (though he was probably a brown at the time). You know what I don't like: I don't like people criticizing others without just cause. Ignorantly trash talking Frank Mir's jiu-jitsu or Joe Stevenson's jiu-jitsu is presumptuous.

SO what your saying is you seriously believe that Joe has better BJJ than 95% of black belts?

Back