Congrats USA, today debt is over 27 trillion.

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
https://usdebtclock.org/index.html
Congrats Bush, Obama and Trump, we did it. 27 trillion.
Weird I have not heard a peep about it on right wing media. Peppridge Farms remembers when Fox News used to run a debt counter at the bottom of the screen. Why did that disappear?
I look forward to phony Conservatives popping in the thread coming up with excuse after excuse.
Remember most of Republicans and Democrats have been in office since the GOP congress worked with William Jefferson Clinton, to pass a balanced budget.
Is there any conservatives left in DC or are they just there to make lobbyists and themselves rich?
This is the most pressing issue facing this country, but what I appreciate out of Trump is he basically exposed the GOP for the hypocrites they are.

Weird I have not heard a peep about it on right wing media. Peppridge Farms remembers when Fox News used to run a debt counter at the bottom of the screen. Why did that disappear?
I look forward to phony Conservatives popping in the thread coming up with excuse after excuse.
Remember most of Republicans and Democrats have been in office since the GOP congress worked with William Jefferson Clinton, to pass a balanced budget.
Is there any conservatives left in DC or are they just there to make lobbyists and themselves rich?
This is the most pressing issue facing this country, but what I appreciate out of Trump is he basically exposed the GOP for the hypocrites they are.

"Congrats Bush, Obama and Trump"

"Fucking conservatives"

-Nutman44

<WhatIsThis>

It doesn’t make sense to talk about debt unless you talk about your other assets too.

on a personal level, you may be more in debt after university (student loans) but your ability to pay off the loan (getting high payed job) makes you richer than when you had zero debt but min wage job.

"Fucking conservatives"

-Nutman44

<WhatIsThis>

Well I mean, conservatives run on the platform to be conservative with spending. So them being responsible for 2/3rds of the recent debt explosion while the last one to at least balance the budget was a “liberal” it deserves calling out as that’s hypocritical

And during Obama’s time the tea party movement popped up screaming about how the debt was the biggest threat to America (I actually don’t disagree), but now they’ve completely vanished as Trump runs the deficit even higher

the entire world is bankrupt, don't worry about it
there will never be a day again when debt matters

"Fucking conservatives"

-Nutman44

<WhatIsThis>
No I am just pointing out one side made a big fucking deal out of the deficit and then when they spend more in their first two years when they control Congress and the Presidency, than the dude they were bitching about than he did in his last 2 years, then yes those guys are fucking hypocrites. Listen Obama spent too much as well. Bush put a war on a credit card.
How come right wing media does not talk about the deficit anymore? Actually the left wing and right wing media treat the deficit like a dirty family secret at a family reunion. Nobody wants to talk about it.
I blame both sides for our crushing deficit, but only consider one side fucking hypocrites about it.
Pelosi and McConnell have been in office for fucking ever and both sides are to blame for saddling the next generation with crippling interest rate payments.
Biden and Trumps generation will go down as the worst generation for this country.

to be fair... i stopped caring about the debt once it became clear that it was never really going to be paid... becoming kind of a moot point.

Well I mean, conservatives run on the platform to be conservative with spending. So them being responsible for 2/3rds of the recent debt explosion while the last one to at least balance the budget was a “liberal” it deserves calling out

This is fair. However, it'd be more instructive to look to see which party had a majority in the House and Senate during the biggest increases. Trump ran up big numbers with a Republican Congress, but was it more or less than Trump with a Dem House? Same for Bush and Obama.

This is fair. However, it'd be more instructive to look to see which party had a majority in the House and Senate during the biggest increases. Trump ran up big numbers with a Republican Congress, but was it more or less than Trump with a Dem House? Same for Bush and Obama.
The only time a balanced budget was passed in the last 4 Presidents is when a GOP Congress worked with a Dem President.
Now both sides can only agree on passing more bills to make it easier to spy on Americans.

Blaming Obama literally at all makes no sense whatsoever given that the huge deficit in 2009 was predetermined regardless of the new president or his stimulus policy, Obama ended up issuing a stimulus package that was markedly more conservative that most notable economists wanted, and the administration reduced the deficit in six of the subsequent seven years.

The only time a balanced budget was passed in the last 4 Presidents is when a GOP Congress worked with a Dem President.
Now both sides can only agree on passing more bills to make it easier to spy on Americans.

I think you are right about that. A GOP Congress with a Dem president is probably the best configuration for financial responsibility. A Dem president with a Dem Congress is the worst.

But somehow before January Trump was overseeing the strongest economy in US history, right?

It's almost like excessive deficits and debt have no direct negative impacts on inflation rates, employment rates or the Fortune 500. Hmmmm....

to be fair... i stopped caring about the debt once it became clear that it was never really going to be paid... becoming kind of a moot point.

Or we could just stop deficit spending for tax cuts and the debt will pay itself over a few decades.

tenor.gif

Damn, if we only locked down entirely across the US we would have saved all the stimulus money...

I say we make the 2nd package 5T. Go big or go home

do you know what words mean?

and lolz @ paying this off

Yeah do you?

We're deficit spending now on mandatory spending obligations because we've gutted between $1-2T in annual revenue since the Bush tax cuts.

If we had another $1-2T in annual revenue for the past two decades we wouldn't have any debt.

Back