congrats to my bro for getting his purple from renzo

jerseygrappler

Brown Belt
Reaction score
my bro mat soares got his purple belt this week from renzo himself,congrats again brother

this week has been insane! Jamal and Ze getting black, Magno brown and a bunch of others got promted too. I however, still have 2 stripes on my whitebelt lol

congrats to mat, thats big news. makes me want to train really bad.............been doing the 1-2 a week for too long with this job - but im done after today, so see you bosses soon.

congrats to mat again. purple is where it gets serious.

Yes, congrants to him. I can't even imagine making blue belt, let alone purple ;)

congrats, still white here.
Makes me want to train... but i only went two time this week , Took the rest week off because ive been going 6 times a week and my body needs to heal...

infamous mattyd said:
this week has been insane! Jamal and Ze getting black, Magno brown and a bunch of others got promted too. I however, still have 2 stripes on my whitebelt lol

Congrats to those who got promoted and striped at Renzo's Academy.

Please, please, past my congrats to Ze' from the big guy Robert at Relson's. I know he is very happy and it is well deserved. I was supposed to meet Renzo and give him some pics for Ze' but left the academy and I heard they came 30 minutes later and then rushed off to catch the plane home. Next time though for sure.

You Renzo students are soooooo lucky.

ze is the fucking man. i took a private with him that was absolutely sick.....description of the whole thing in my training log at s&p if anyone is interested.

jerseygrappler said:
infamous mattyd,your is coming soon bro,hang in there
yeah, I've only been training since january, as a loyal 3 time a weeker, though. The 3rd stripe is just around the corner, I'm sure, and then fuck, its all down hill from there.

colinm said:
congrats to mat, thats big news. makes me want to train really bad.............been doing the 1-2 a week for too long with this job - but im done after today, so see you bosses soon.

congrats to mat again. purple is where it gets serious.
I have been doing a lot of purple belt classes, so I will find you and let you strangle my outweighing you by 85 lbs ass!!1

colinm said:
ze is the fucking man. i took a private with him that was absolutely sick.....description of the whole thing in my training log at s&p if anyone is interested.

Ze' is the MAN! Not only is he a bad ass bjj / no gi grappler / instructor / person, but that guy is funny and down to earth. He came to Hawaii last year to help judge the competition, injured, then decided to compete and won his division! We had a afterparty and all he did was talk about ME! He told me what I was doing right, what looked wrong, but more importantly he just talked about me and my training, Relson and what else, surfing. Ze' is super awesome and now two time bjj black belt. I forget who gave him his first but think Infamous Mattyd will know.

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Ze' is the MAN! Not only is he a bad ass bjj / no gi grappler / instructor / person, but that guy is funny and down to earth. He came to Hawaii last year to help judge the competition, injured, then decided to compete and won his division! We had a afterparty and all he did was talk about ME! He told me what I was doing right, what looked wrong, but more importantly he just talked about me and my training, Relson and what else, surfing. Ze' is super awesome and now two time bjj black belt. I forget who gave him his first but think Infamous Mattyd will know.
Though I am a Renzo whore, I know nothing of Ze having 2 BBs. I would love to hear the story though.

infamous mattyd said:
Though I am a Renzo whore, I know nothing of Ze having 2 BBs. I would love to hear the story though.

If I remember correctly, I had the pleasure of partying with Ze' after the NAGA Hawaii event. I had posted in a thread about meeting him and someone, sorry I thought it was you, with personal knowledge, mentioned that Ze' had been awarded a black belt but wore brown because he wanted his black from Renzo. Now his dream has come true. I checked my posts to see who told me that and what thread it was but my posts only went back 5 pages and it must be around the first hundred or so of mine. I know a lot of Renzo's and Ze's guys post here so it could have been anyone, sorry for naming you as the source.

Someone else know the story of Ze's first black belt?

In a thread called "Happy Birthday Renzo" 3-11-05: Sakufan wrote that Ze' was given a black belt by Crolin about five years ago at Gracie Barra but he wanted it from Renzo, put that black belt in a drawer and moved to New York to train under Renzo.

Ze is the fuckin man. He's always been kind and I'm glad he finally got his blackbelt from Renzo. I always wanted to have the pleasure of getting a private class from him or Gordinhos. Everyone at the school is real cool, and congrats to Magno, Jamal, Ze, and Mat. Yo, infamous didn't you know colin got his blue belt because of how i was man handling him on the mats? They knew that he deserved the blue for even lasting as long as he did with me :icon_twis just kidding, but colin is really fucking tough. Dude totally owned me on the mat and made me feel like a infant. Good times!

Anyways, I'm so happy for the guys that got promoted, i wish i could be there to witness it. Renzo students = the best hehehe

jjmuaythaiguy said:
In a thread called "Happy Birthday Renzo" 3-11-05: Sakufan wrote that Ze' was given a black belt by Crolin about five years ago at Gracie Barra but he wanted it from Renzo, put that black belt in a drawer and moved to New York to train under Renzo.

Does this imply that Gracie Barra = belt factory? I mean if he was a Gracie Barra black belt 5 years ago, refused to wear it and went to Renzo's and it took him 5 more years to get it from Renzo?

let the debate begin.

Rip Van Winkle said:
Does this imply that Gracie Barra = belt factory? I mean if he was a Gracie Barra black belt 5 years ago, refused to wear it and went to Renzo's and it took him 5 more years to get it from Renzo?

let the debate begin.
I'm sure he just wanted the honor to get promoted to black by Renzo or something. No debate is needed, afterall, Renzo is a black belt from Gracie Barra, plus they have probably one of the best BJJ fighters come from there. Look at Roger Gracie.

No need for a debate bro. :wink:

Soid said:
I'm sure he just wanted the honor to get promoted to black by Renzo or something. No debate is needed, afterall, Renzo is a black belt from Gracie Barra, plus they have probably one of the best BJJ fighters come from there. Look at Roger Gracie.

No need for a debate bro. :wink:

I'm not bashing ;) But I just saw a "loophole" if you would say in that statement...and just curious to how others felt about it.

I have no ill will against the Gracie Barra clan :)

Back