Congrats for making TUF subforum!

B

Broseph

Since this place will be flooded with new TUF threads, this should help keep the main MMA forum less cluttered. Thanks guys!

Indeed. Delta is sure that gnubs will still create them in MMA disc, and this will force the mods to be moving alot of threads. Nonetheless, superb idea.

E

All kudos go to the mma mods for weathering the first season. Also convenient of DeltaSigChi4 to show up and save me the pm of telling him that I've received an abundance of complaints regarding the trolling and shit posting. The green tag doesn't make you wonderwoman and your non-refundable 8 cents a day is something we won't lose any sleep over. Just a head's up.

"heads up".

I don't recall any trolling or shit posting per se, but a reminder that anyone can organize and call attention to things is your above prose. Just because members decide to create various Delta, Deltasigchi4 or Deltacumfag threads, doesn't mean it's DELTASIGCHI4 that is doing the trolling/shit posting. In fact, several stickys have been created in OT addressing the above concern of too many Delta appreciation threads. Please direct me to the specific rule(s) I have (or have been) breaking and I will cease and desist. Furthermore, I very much doubt a paying member can be banned for reasons other than breaking any established rule(s) and not get reimbursed for their contribution - but we may very well shortly see. That is all.

E

In all fairness, a basic review of your posts simply using the search function reveals some rather alarming material that closely resembles both trolling and post-whoring. Being that the process of this search is your username being clicked and then the "find all posts by" function being clicked, you can rest-assured the user in-question is this Delta and not some lesser-version for purposes of vengeance or character defamation. One would think one as elevated as Delta (and the referring to yourself in the third-person really is adorable) would be beyond such trivial actions. But then again this is the same Delta who is both questioning the actions of a board administrator and simoltaneously hinting that Sherdog administration must pay for the privilege to ban Delta (or any other paying member with the use of non-specifics) for rule-infractions.

I'm not quite sure this is the best approach when considering that it isn't every day any member gets both a warning before a penalty (being that the rules are well-known and posted in plain view), and personal addressing from as high a board Administrator as Meat. It would stand to reason that perhaps the best course of action would simply be to take the warning (as that is what it is and nothing more as of the moment) and decide how to conduct onesself from this point forward. Surely the great Delta is capable of this. As he is surely capable of understanding that payment for Platinum membership does not make one what his custom user-title suggests.

What benefit would postwhoring bring a platinum member if they already have custom text and the authorization for a enlarged AV?

The above is just hypothetical being that I don't believe I postwhore. Never realized that a member can postwhore when they're posting less than six (6) posts a day. It seems like the issue here isn't postwhoring.

Someone "as high a board board Adminstrator as 'Meat'" received many PMs regarding Delta. That seems to be the issue (as well as other smaller issues such as my custom user text, apparently) here and it means absolutely nothing from my point of view. The fine upstanding members [/sarcasm] of OT seem to highly dislike my points of view on just about everything and are PMing 'Meat'. Is this reason enough to ban a member who has broken absolutely no rules? Well, we shall soon see, I suppose. How you (by God knows what amount of imagination) reached the conclusion that this will become a matter of Sherdog "pay(ing) for the privilege" to ban a upstanding platinum member is unbeknowest to me.

E

Not that this is my business, but it would seem that this conversation is exactly why people complain about Delta. He is relentlessly contradictory and full of shit and has little respect for anyone (maybe outside of The Worst who he has a major crush on.) Is this antagonism ever entertaining? Almost never. Is it trolling? I think it is pretty close. But then again, who am I but a C-level OT poster. A mere citizen. I think Delta will dig his own grave (as demonstrated above) because he is incapable of having productive exchanges.

Just wanted to say good job mods or whoever is responsible for the TUF Forum. Very necessary.

also is hilarious how the mods hijacked this congrats thread to them

i basically avoid delta and if others did the same OT wouldnt get dragged down into vicious cycles of crapola. i dont see him as a troll, if anything he'll get banned from his postwhoring (one word replies, spelling corrections, "this thread sucks", etc.)

at any rate people need to stop obsessing about him. if he thinks Meat will hesitate to ban him i'll spoil the ending for him right now

on topic the TUf forum is a great idea. hopefully posters will actually notice it since they exhibit blind spots for announcements and FAQs

will posts in the TUF forum count towards post counts?

More than likely.

The above is just hypothetical being that I don't believe I postwhore. Never realized that a member can postwhore when they're posting less than six (6) posts a day. It seems like the issue here isn't postwhoring.

Chairman got it right in saying that post-whoring is defined as:

(one word replies, spelling corrections, "this thread sucks", etc.)

And any other such posts that do not contribute to the subject matter of the thread. I can understand disagreement, however there are much better and more constructive ways to cite disagreement that are non-inflammatory to thread-starters. Post-whoring was long-defined before Delta arrived I'm certain, so his belief has little to do with what defines post-whoring.

In terms of this:

How you (by God knows what amount of imagination) reached the conclusion that this will become a matter of Sherdog "pay(ing) for the privilege" to ban a upstanding platinum member is unbeknowest to me.

It is insinuated by your earlier statement:

Furthermore, I very much doubt a paying member can be banned for reasons other than breaking any established rule(s) and not get reimbursed for their contribution - but we may very well shortly see. That is all.

Which needless-to-say hints that should Administration decide to ban you they would be perhaps forced to reimburse you. Very cleverly worded, yes, but does it give off the underlying impression of "if you want to ban me you're going to have to pay me back"...I think it does considering the circumstances under which you mention it. Fortunately there is such a return policy in-place from my understanding, but with that being said if that is the case I don't know why it would be necessary to add that tidbit in the first-place.

Basically the bottom-line is this:

Management takes into consideration not just those users who pay money. Thus if user A who pays money uses the privileges invoked by paying money to purposefully agitate users B-Z who do not pay money, and users B-Z give complaints about it with cited evidence of said agitation, then I can assure you Management is going to have sense enough to understand that if users B-Z have a consistent problem with user A, then the problem is user A, not users B-Z, and will render a decision. In other words, if a whole Community has a problem with you then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to think that they're ALL crazy and you are not. Your opinion of your own posts notwithstanding.

Funny thing is none of this is here-nor-there anyhow. There are measures you personally can take that would not put Administration in this position.

TUF forum was a brilliant move, and if there's mods with more patience than the average veteran MMA fan/practitioner, they could be turned into quality fans of the sport.

On the subject of Delta, I'd say he should just cut his losses and butt out of this thread if he has nothing of value to contribute. Then again, he'll probably respond with his usual five a day nonsensical "read the custom text" or "read the sig" post.

King Kabuki said:
More than likely.

Chairman got it right in saying that post-whoring is defined as:

(one word replies, spelling corrections, "this thread sucks", etc.)

And any other such posts that do not contribute to the subject matter of the thread. I can understand disagreement, however there are much better and more constructive ways to cite disagreement that are non-inflammatory to thread-starters. Post-whoring was long-defined before Delta arrived I'm certain, so his belief has little to do with what defines post-whoring.

In terms of this:

It is insinuated by your earlier statement:

Which needless-to-say hints that should Administration decide to ban you they would be perhaps forced to reimburse you. Very cleverly worded, yes, but does it give off the underlying impression of "if you want to ban me you're going to have to pay me back"...I think it does considering the circumstances under which you mention it. Fortunately there is such a return policy in-place from my understanding, but with that being said if that is the case I don't know why it would be necessary to add that tidbit in the first-place.

Basically the bottom-line is this:

Management takes into consideration not just those users who pay money. Thus if user A who pays money uses the privileges invoked by paying money to purposefully agitate users B-Z who do not pay money, and users B-Z give complaints about it with cited evidence of said agitation, then I can assure you Management is going to have sense enough to understand that if users B-Z have a consistent problem with user A, then the problem is user A, not users B-Z, and will render a decision. In other words, if a whole Community has a problem with you then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to think that they're ALL crazy and you are not. Your opinion of your own posts notwithstanding.

Funny thing is none of this is here-nor-there anyhow. There are measures you personally can take that would not put Administration in this position.

for a man who gets punched in the head often you're one sharp son of a bitch. Good stuff my man

for a man who gets punched in the head often you're one sharp son of a bitch. Good stuff my man

LOL Thanks Bro, I plan on having lucrative life after Boxing.

Delta is the biggest troll on sherdog. For him to even begin to try defend someone stating the obvious is laughable. I've seen alot of people banned for less. Alot of people..

Back