• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Confirmed: Mcgregor and Ronda's boxing both about the same level, ask Tyson

Why does it even matter people talk about someone’s number in the order of greats like it Godly important. Ultimately it’s just one persons opinion against the other. I agree Tyson was overrated but as far as the specimen that is Tyson he certainly had the potential to be easily the greatest if he had the sound mental focus of a Lennox Lewis for example. In regards to the video he makes a great point.

Secondly Tyson is far from broke, his weed farm makes an incredible amount of money, in addition to his podcast among other business ventures.

Listen, I respect Tyson. I admire him as the world's youngest heavyweight champion. His short stature made him unique and he is definitely a one of a kind boxer. His resume was becoming GOAT status until he lost to Buster Douglas. Then it went down the drain. He lost every big fight he had. From Holyfield to Lewis. Mike Tyson was a short lived flame. The reason why he is a fringe top 15 heavyweight is due to his lack of focus and discipline. He partied with hookers before the douglas fight, got convicted of rape, started doing drugs, and became unmotivated. Mike could have been the best but his own downfall made him an above average heavyweight.
Very well put. Teddy Atlas always said he didn’t have it mentally. He would look for a way out when he knew he couldn’t do anything. The epitome of a bully’s mentally, not an all time great.

Ronda would KO Mike Tyson and Connor with body shots.
tumblr_nt9lwg3KQP1ue7eybo3_500.gifv

those hands are certainly a danger.

I always thought Mike was overrated by the casuals and underrated by the so called experts. If he was the youngest champion of all time knocking out bums in 1950 grainy black and white footage he'd be looked at differently.

At his absolute pinnacle he had the ability to ruin anyone. Not saying he would but he had the skills for it.

People get a bit wild on ranking Tyson because the difference between his peak performance was so much different than his accumulated career wins/resume, and because oddly enough, he actually fought his best competition after he had declined somewhat in terms of his in-ring ability (for a variety of reasons).

In terms of resume, you could definitely have him (slightly) outside the top 10. In terms of peak/prime performance, it seems unlikely to me that he wouldn't be able to beat at least a small handful of the guys routinely found on top 10 career lists at HW.

Back