Confirmed: Conor Insulted Before Old Man Assaulted

Does the fact the old man insulted Conor affect your view on Conor hitting him?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Irishman Doesn't Handle His Liquor or Insults Well

The man punched by Conor McGregor after refusing to taste his whiskey told him: “I don’t want to drink that s**t.”

The shocking video seems to show the UFC star punching an elderly drinker in the head after he declined a shot of his whiskey. Dramatic footage shows McGregor greeting people sitting by the counter of Dublin’s Marble Arch pub on April 6. The Crumlin fighter, holding a bottle of his own brand Proper No. Twelve whiskey, puts glasses down on the bar including one for the man.

But the drinker lifts the glass away and sets it down forcefully on the counter. McGregor stares at the man before setting another glass in front of him. But the man again moves it away and puts it on the counter, shooing McGregor away with his hand. McGregor pours three drinks and clinks glasses with his aquaintances. Then raises his left arm, seeming to flex his muscles, before stepping back and punching the man on the side of his head.

The multimillionaire fighter is dragged away as the victim remains on his stool, much to the shock of staff.

A source said yesterday: “The fella McGregor offered a drink to said, ‘I don’t want to drink that s**t--I don’t want your drink,’ and McGregor wasn’t happy. And sure that was the end of it – then he swung for him.”

The source added he believes McGregor often visited the pub with friends. He said: “I’m told when he has a few [drinks] in him he can get hyper. As far as I know he hasn’t been in touch with the pub since it all happened. It happened back in April.”

The source also agreed it was mysterious how the CCTV has now been released and understands gardai have been investigating. He added: “It was stupid and maybe the man should have just passed the drink on to someone else and just thanked him.”

Gardai confirmed at the time that they were investigating the incident. In April, a source said: “There was a bit of a commotion, [McGregor] was acting the mick and there was an incident.

“The man that was allegedly assaulted is from Ballyfermot and drinks in the pub a good bit.”

-IrishMirror.ie

Last edited:
How rude. Conor was just trying to be a nice guy.

Too bad being drunk isn't a legitimate excuse for doing stupid shit, otherwise there would be no DUI's....

i love when "journalists" just say "a source"

it means its whatever they want to write and has no credibility.

CONFIRMED: Conor is a scumbag for punching an old man.

Insulted him and he didn't even flinch?

Old guy-2, Conor-0.

Old man was undefeated. Big win for Conor.

Conor has a tiny man, tiny package, tiny brain, tiny bird pec syndrome.

Last edited:

The man punched by Conor McGregor after refusing to taste his whiskey told him: “I don’t want to drink that s**t.” The shocking video seems to show the UFC star punching an elderly drinker in the head after he declined a shot of his whiskey. Dramatic footage shows McGregor greeting people sitting by the counter of Dublin’s Marble Arch pub on April 6. The Crumlin fighter, holding a bottle of his own brand Proper No. Twelve whiskey, puts glasses down on the bar including one for the man.

But the drinker lifts the glass away and sets it down forcefully on the counter. McGregor stares at the man before setting another glass in front of him. But the man again moves it away and puts it on the counter, shooing McGregor away with his hand. McGregor pours three drinks and clinks glasses with his aquaintances. Then raises his left arm, seeming to flex his muscles, before stepping back and punching the man on the side of his head.

The multimillionaire fighter is dragged away as the victim remains on his stool, much to the shock of staff.

A source said yesterday: “The fella McGregor offered a drink to said, ‘I don’t want to drink that s**t--I don’t want your drink,’ and McGregor wasn’t happy. And sure that was the end of it – then he swung for him.”

The source added he believes McGregor often visited the pub with friends. He said: “I’m told when he has a few [drinks] in him he can get hyper. “As far as I know he hasn’t been in touch with the pub since it all happened. It happened back in April.”

The source also agreed it was mysterious how the CCTV has now been released and understands gardai have been investigating. He added: “It was stupid and maybe the man should have just passed the drink on to someone else and just thanked him.”

Gardai confirmed at the time that they were investigating the incident. In April, a source said: “There was a bit of a commotion, [McGregor] was acting the mick and there was an incident.

“The man that was allegedly assaulted is from Ballyfermot and drinks in the pub a good bit.”

-IrishMirror.ie

Oh wow that justifies it. What an insult!

Drinking whiskey at 2 in the afternoon is never a good sign, no matter what the context is.

The man punched by Conor McGregor after refusing to taste his whiskey told him: “I don’t want to drink that s**t.”

The shocking video seems to show the UFC star punching an elderly drinker in the head after he declined a shot of his whiskey. Dramatic footage shows McGregor greeting people sitting by the counter of Dublin’s Marble Arch pub on April 6. The Crumlin fighter, holding a bottle of his own brand Proper No. Twelve whiskey, puts glasses down on the bar including one for the man.

The source added he believes McGregor often visited the pub with friends. He said: “I’m told when he has a few [drinks] in him he can get hyper. “As far as I know he hasn’t been in touch with the pub since it all happened. It happened back in April.”

-IrishMirror.ie

And that's not an insult, you idiot.

wow... now we know Conor had a legit reason to sucker punch an elderly man. That old man should be arrested for being so rude.

You know your whiskey sucks, when an elderly alcoholic bar fly won't even drink it for free.

Is this an insult?

‘I don’t want to drink that s**t--I don’t want your drink,’

conor acted in self-defense. if someone talks shit to you in public, are you just going to take it like a beta?
only true alpha fighters know about HONOR

to quote the young THC god nickolas diaz, "if i call BJ Penn a bitch on the street, i know we're going to be fighting"

Conor is a tool

With that said, I’ll still watch him fight 8 days a week. Hopefully he competes in 2019.

Now we know Conor is the real victim here. Old man is lucky he didn't press charges.

Back