Social Confederate Robert E Lee statue of Charlottesville Melted Down to create new 'art'.

If you think that the advantages afforded to white people from slavery ended with Jim Crow then all that demonstrates is you have a comically ignorant understanding of how the US functions. Also slavery didn't end, our prisoners are slaves whose labor is sold to private companies, and there is well-documented inequities in our application of "justice"...meaning frequency of arrests, and sentencing disparities. And it's even more hilarious that you contend that removal of a statue of a racist traitor is deleterious to the History of the formation of the Country while actively fighting to bury your head up your @ss to be dismissive of the continued effects that letting such racist traitors assume positions of power after it was over have had on the Country. Even with his statue up, its obvious you learned nothing.

P.S. - Jim Crow were conservative policies. Democrats were the conservative traditionalists of the day. That's you. Republicans were the liberal progressives, that's the opposite of you
Way to revise history to fit your own personal narrative and the whole myth of sentencing disparities has nothing to do about race but it has everything to do about a persons wealth and ability for proper defense.

Those accounts from slaves themselves also shred the bullsh*t Ron DeSantis notion that slavery somehow equipped black people with skills to be capitalized on. That wasnt the experience of the majority of forner slaves.

its only 20 minutes, did you listen to it?

he explained the logic of the left and that "colonizers" only exist in "white eurocentric form" and the woke don't give af about any other colonizers like genghis khan, the ottoman empire, or anyone else. it's why the left is sympathizing with women-raping child murdering hamas terrorists because israel represents a western colonial project being thrust upon the middle east.

notice how black americans are now seemingly being tosssed aside for illegal immigrants being dumped into cities? because there will come a day where "critical immigration theory" becomes more important than critical race theory and blacks will be discarded just like queery theory came and discarded feminists.

"the curent issue" is never really the issue. the issue is always revolution.

marxist cunts hellbent on destablizing and destoying western nations will use up whatever group is necessary to acculmulate power and once they've been used up, they move onto the next.

You clearly side with the "I'm with stupid" guy.
You clearly are just a pawn that belongs to a certain political party and march to whatever beat they tell you to.,,but noI don't side with You and you're That Guy.

Those accounts from slaves themselves also shred the bullsh*t Ron DeSantis notion that slavery somehow equipped black people with skills to be capitalized on. That wasnt the experience of the majority of forner slaves.

Who the hell is stupid enough to believe Ron's slavery nonsense in 2023?

How the hell are those kind of lies not immediately disqualifying in American politics?

Who the hell is stupid enough to believe Ron's slavery nonsense in 2023?

How the hell are those kind of lies not immediately disqualifying in American politics?

Well hey, I mean slavery is fixed anyway. We should just get over it, right? Except it isnt:

Well hey, I mean slavery is fixed anyway. We should just get over it, right? Except it isnt:

The last literal slave in America was freed during the second world war, and the only reason it happened was because Japan was going to use it for propaganda.

The last literal slave in America was freed during the second world war, and the only reason it happened was because Japan was going to use it for propaganda.

No, prisoners are slaves. That's the only facet in which it's still legal save for some protections which is the basis of that lawsuit. I hope they win. But it also begs the question of the inequities in the justice system. An overwhelming majority of the prisoners involved in that Alabama lawsuit are black.

No, prisoners are slaves. That's the only facet in which it's still legal save for some protections which is the basis of that lawsuit. I hope they win. But it also begs the question of the inequities in the justice system. An overwhelming majority of the prisoners involved in that Alabama lawsuit are black.

That's very true, but that man in WWII was actually called a slave by the US government. What are the chances that will ever happen again, despite the reality?

That is not my logic, you have merely picked a point to contend and won't let it go regardless of any evidence presented otherwise. You are representing the notion that abolishment of slavery must be done on one fell swoop in order for abolitionism to be considered a point of the Union, but this is nonsensical. Liberal politicians of the day (Republicans) understood that abolishing slavery would take time and adjustment away from that economic model, ESPECIALLY in the South. So the first thing proposed was a ban on westward expansion of the institution and even THAT was enough for slave States to get uppity and threaten secession. But the overall notion was that slavery must end or the US was going to face catastrophic trade sanctions that would have ruined the Country. Not to mention that plenty of Union Soldiers, and leaders of the day, personally hated the institution of slavery.

Abolition wasnt merely a War tactic, enacting it or preventing it was a main contention of either side. Remove slavery and there is literally nothing to fight over. The contention that slavery was a secondary issue to the Civil War is just false.
You keep making stupid comments and pretending they prove some point that you've reached in your head.

"Plenty of union soldiers and politicians hated slavery" does not equal "all union soldiers fought to end slavery".

I said "the Emancipation Proclamation was a war tactic". Lincoln's open letter th Horace Greeley;

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that...........

Judge issues order keeping Confederate memorial at Arlington Cemetery for now​

Work to remove the memorial had begun Monday before the restraining order was issued.

@koquerelle

"Last year an independent commission recommended the memorial be taken down as part of a report to Congress on renaming of military bases and assets that commemorate the Confederacy.

More than 40 House Republicans wrote to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin recently, arguing that the commission overstepped its authority when it recommended that the monument be removed."

You keep making stupid comments and pretending they prove some point that you've reached in your head.

"Plenty of union soldiers and politicians hated slavery" does not equal "all union soldiers fought to end slavery".

I said "the Emancipation Proclamation was a war tactic". Lincoln's open letter th Horace Greeley;

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that...........

Projection. You are repeating the same garbage as every Southern sympathizer, right up to trotting out the trope of this letter minus the context of WHY it was written, and as always it's not all of the letter. That you would use one of his most adept political maneuvers to suggest this backs your contention just further convinces me that you know very little about Lincoln or the Civil War. It was in this letter that he also explained that he had already drafted an earlier version of the Emancipation Proclamation, and was merely waiting for a Union victory on the battlefield to issue it.

Did you ever investigate why this letter was published in a competing paper to Greely's own? Considering Greely was arguably the foremost newspaper man of the day? This letter is a slight, because Greely was attempting to pressure Lincoln more than he knew Lincoln was capable of by the law and by the Constition, which is what Greely was reminded of. Greely didnt know about the preliminary draft of the EP when he criticized Lincoln for being timid in his enforcement of the Confiscation Act, which is why he was criticizing the Act, which only freed SOME slaves. The EP ultimately went further than the CA. This was Lincoln telling greely, in an ingenuous manner, shut up and wait.

The last part of the letter is always left out:

"I have here stated my purpose according to my view of Official duty: and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men everywhere could be free."

This letter doesn't say what you think it does, and it wasnt written for the reason you're suggesting. You are wrong, abandon the cause.

Last edited:
Way to revise history to fit your own personal narrative and the whole myth of sentencing disparities has nothing to do about race but it has everything to do about a persons wealth and ability for proper defense.

A proper defense? You really are a moron arent you? This is about sentencing, meaning people of different races either convicted of the same crimes or having pled guilty. Judges determine sentencing, the lawyer has fuck-all to do with it except for tentatively laying out why a criminal defendant should or shouldn't even take a plea, which is irrelevant if there is a conviction.

Right wingers just call it Reconciliation Monument because a confederate monument doesnt sound as nice

"Some of the figures also on the statue include a Black woman depicted as “Mammy” holding what is said to be the child of a white officer, and an enslaved man following his owner to war."

F*ck that monument, and f*ck anyone who defends it.

"Some of the figures also on the statue include a Black woman depicted as “Mammy” holding what is said to be the child of a white officer, and an enslaved man following his owner to war."

F*ck that monument, and f*ck anyone who defends it.

Well, it was commissioned by the Daughters of the Confederacy. So yeah, it’s not surprising.

Back