Social Confederate Robert E Lee statue of Charlottesville Melted Down to create new 'art'.

So Lincoln was some kind of false advertisement because he believed in incrementalism as an approach for abolition as opposed to violent revolution, seems legit. Lol

No; Lincoln was a pragmatist that wanted to keep the country together.

He didn't start a war to end slavery (even if he opposed the practice) and the EP was a war tactic to hurt the southern war effort. Nothing really complicated about it.

No; Lincoln was a pragmatist that wanted to keep the country together.

He didn't start a war to end slavery (even if he opposed the practice) and the EP was a war tactic to hurt the southern war effort. Nothing really complicated about it.

Lincoln didnt start a War at all. You've attempted numerous times to frame this conflict as something it wasn't. Lincoln's letters clearly bear out his position against the continuation of slavery, a practice mentioned in the opening of every article of Confederation as well as the distinct ideology of white supremacy. The Civil War was about slavery, Lincoln wanted slavery to end personally, and incrementally through policy. All of which happened, and he was assassinated for.

Lincoln didnt start a War at all. You've attempted numerous times to frame this conflict as something it wasn't. Lincoln's letters clearly bear out his position against the continuation of slavery, a practice mentioned in the opening of every article of Confederation as well as the distinct ideology of white supremacy. The Civil War was about slavery, Lincoln wanted slavery to end personally, and incrementally through policy. All of which happened, and he was assassinated for.

1- The matter of forts would have been a civil matter. Reinforcing Sumter was goading an attack. - we can quibble over what to call it, but the war initially consisted of northern troops attacking the south states - and not just forts.

2- Lincoln clearly said that he'd leave slavery as it was to preserve the Union. - so his primary goal was clearly not to end slavery.

3- Slavery was listed in the opening of most (not all) the state's secession articles. - VA seceeded because they felt the North was in the wrong at Sumter.

4- the southern states seceeding because of a fear of losing slavery does not mean that the north fought the war to end slavery. - we could have a fight because you mistakenly felt I stole from you while I could be fighting just because I'm an ass that likes to fight. That doesnt mean that we're both fighting over the stolen item.

I personally don't have a "side" and you do and that's why all your beliefs have to fall in line with a certain narrative.
Have you watched the Rageaholic's video on the civil war? It seems like something that would make a lot of sense to you.

Back