Concussion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWR1982

Green Belt
Reaction score
Few days ago I had a hard training session and got hit quite often, hardest strike being a right hook and then a big elbow. Its about 3 days now and I notice that if I hit myself a little bit, just with my palm for example, I can feel a some pain in the back of my head.
Just some information about it:
I didnt get hit that hard, I remember everything and I didnt even feel that dizzy,although I did feel a bit a strange for some time. No amnezia.
It seems to hurt more when I hit my chin and especially when the teeth are clenched.
It's not really painful, but it doesnt seem correct. Since it has started I do not plan on going to muaythai, maybe some bjj though.
I have no idea what it could be, maybe Im just a bit sick? Or maybe its some weak concussion? Or its a problem with nerves?
You do not need to tell me to not train for some time, I will do that, but shall I see a doctor aswell, perhaps a neurologist?

If there is something you don't understand, or that is not clear to you, just ask me.
-Thanks in advance

I just had a concussion about a month ago. I took a rear leg round kick to the side of the head. I didn't see it coming and it dazed me pretty good. Later that night I had trouble sleeping. For a few weeks I had dizziness, felt light headed. Also, any jarring movements would produce headaches, pain in the back of my head as you described. Even hitting bags hard produced this. There are various levels/degrees of concussion. I would suggest going to the doctor to get checked out. It can't hurt and it's better safe than sorry. Really the only thing you can do with a concussion is REST. Time will heal it. I'm still not 100%, I got a headache last night (month later) just from light MMA training Hope this helps.
Thanks

Well Ive got very little pain from it, but from your description it sounds that I could have a minor concussion. My head doesn't really hurt when shaking, running or hitting bags, but I remember that right after the day it happened, shaking the head hurted, now it doesnt.
Ill keep training soft then, since Im not that bad on it as you are, it only hurts me if its bit bigger fall or hit. Maybe avoid standup training and takedown techniques in bjj. I will also check my doctor. Thanks for the help :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back