Complete Nootropic GUIDE! Thank me !

Judo-kid

Green Belt
Reaction score
undefined
Quick guide to the most popular nootropic supplements. All can be stacked, or taken alone. Neurostim +C is a good premade stack, though I like to add piracetam to it when I need to concentrate in order to learn (only 4 more months of grad school at night, yay). All of these typically take days to weeks to make a noticeable improvement on concentration and focus, and are best taken in longer periods (2-3 months) followed by down time of one month. As with all supplements, start with the basics, and move on from there.

Piracetam (2-oxo-Pyrrolidine Acetamide) - is a derivative of the neurotransmitter GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid). Chemically related to the amino acid Pyroglutamic Acid (Pyrrolidine Carboxylic acid), which occurs in cerebrospinal fluid and plays an important role in cognitive functioning.

-Biochemical Effects-
-Enhances Brain Metabolism (By increasing Glucose Utilization, Blood & Oxygen Flow){Boosts mental energy & cerebral circulation}
-Increases Cerebral Phospholipids & Cellular Membrane Fluidity (By interacting with the polar head moieties of the phospholipid bilayer) {Supports healthy neuron communication & structure}.
-Supports Cognitive Receptors (By amplifying the density of the Muscarinic Cholinergic {Frontal Cortex, Striatum, & Hippocampus}, NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Aspartate) {Hippocampus}, & AMPA (Alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-Methyl-4-isoxazole-Propionic Acid) Cerebral Cortex Receptors {Strengthens neurotransmitter receptors involved in memory and neuroprotection}
-Stimulates the Corpus Callosum, an area of the brain that controls communication between the left and right hemispheres (Increases communication between both hemispheres) {Involved in speech and creative thinking}.
- Stimulates the Locus Coeruleus, (specialized neurons) {Involved in information processing, attention, cortical/behavioral arousal, learning and memory}
-Inhibits Platelet Aggregation (By increasing Red-White blood cells & Platelet deformability, inhibiting thromboxane A2 synthetase or antagonism of thromboxane A2, reducing von Willebrand's factor & fibrinogen levels) {Supports Healthy Blood Flow}.
-Decreases EEG complexity (Increases cooperatively of brain functional processing) {Positively effects Neuro-Electrical Functioning}.
-Has a significant antioxidant effect.

-Overview-
Piracetam positively supports healthy cognitive & cardiovascular functioning by a multifaceted means of action.

-Notes-
Approved & used since 1970

This information shows how ADD/ADHD can be treated with Nootripic's, even if you don't have ADHD/ADD you may very well find this intresting and useful.

Hyperactivity

Just wondering if anyone has taken some of the more exotic nootropics discussed here and what were their experiences?

Here's the list that peaked my curiosity....

* Centrophenoxine (60 x 250 mg. tablets) $29
* Hydergine (100 x 5 mg. oral tablets) $39
* Piracetam (60 x 800 mg. tablets) $30
* Sulbutiamine (20 x 200 mg. tablets) $11
* Vasopressin (12 ml nasal spray) $22
* Xanthinol Nicotinate (60 x 150 mg. tablets) $9

I was thinking of trying: Centrophenoxine
to see if it will help me improve concentration...I have been diagnosed with ADHD before though I have never taken any medications for it. I have been able to get a BS in Econ but my long term memory is taking a hit it seems as I am forgetting what I learned and have a hard time remember names, places, etc.....I am also easily distracted.....

I currently take Fish Oil(10g), glucosamine/cho(3000/2400),magnesium(500mg), zinc(30mg), generic B-Complex, Vitamin C(4-5g), cissus quadrangularis(~1g)

I have taken tyrosine/taurine before without any noticeable effects...

All help is appreciated

Nice work. The amino acid breakdown should be espeically helpfull

I gave oxiracetam a bash, got it off bulk nutrition. Gets interesting when stacked with lecithin and a decent multi, but I never had the smarts or discipline to get into a proper regime. Definitely felt enhanced mental activity, but that's pretty much like polishing a turd in my case.

Not sure if it justifies the outlay, although I may have chosen the wrong -cetam for me. Pramiracetam sounds like a merry binge, but it's as rare as morally acceptable diamonds.

wow....I'll try and read my way through that at work tomorrow

Got to do something :D

Nice.

I'll link this in my Custom Nootropic thread.

Where can I buy these? GNC doesn't have them.

Think Bulk Nutrition does but I've never used them before. How is their service?

Go to smartpowders.com

Bulk Nutrition have stopped doing all -acetams except for Alpha GPC and ALCAR

I was always wondering if collloidal gold could be classified as a nootropic. After searching through a lot of hippy-/junkscience (who post references that don't answer anything at all) I found this study:

AURASOL

Last edited:
The only thing about this is, I dont know if my body will start to rely on it and if I stop taking them Im noticing some mental slow down or memory problems. Any info on this?

Also is that alpha brain stuff any good or well priced?
I was planning on buying that bone/joint sup they had looks very good.

Do NOT take Vasopressin - it will have cardiac effects. It's one of the few emergency medicine drugs used to resuscitate a cardiac arrest individual. There is currently a debate whether or not it will replace adrenaline (epinephrine) in EMS practice.

edit: Just realized this thread was epically bumped and the guy who mentioned vasopressin probably won't see this :)

Last edited:
I was always wondering if collloidal gold could be classified as a nootropic. After searching through a lot of hippy-/junkscience (who post references that don't answer anything at all) I found this study:

AURASOL

There's also the whole "learning by doing" issue of administering IQ tests. The fact is that you can actually get better at them the more you take them (through pattern recognition), so that would certainly factor in. There was no mention of other drugs that could have been involved. Amphetamines, for example, can skew the results.

To be fair, pattern recognition is one of the most sought after skills in the job market. But we aren't talking about your average mouth breathing monkey's ability to recognize that the pattern on the hotel floor is fucking ugly, so I don't really know where I was going with this.

Back