Compare Rousey and Tate's Camps - Early Signs of Another Humiliating Loss for Rousey

Well with all her negative attributes one thing you cant knock her about is her loyalty.
I think your whole post is completely wrong.

There is SO MUCH about Ronda that is 100% positive!!! And you CAN knock her loyalty when it is blatantly misguided like this.

Ronda has two finishes on Tate in only about 15 minutes of fighting. If Tate is going to beat Ronda she is going to need to show some seriously rapid growth. She didn't show the growth she would need to beat Ronda in the Holm fight.

Let's assume Meisha is going to meet Ronda in New York as planned.

Meisha's Camp - Xtreme Couture

From left: Robert Follis, Ray Sefo, Joel Casamayor

Meisha trains at Xtreme Couture, which has been revitalized in recent years. For striking, they've got freaking Joel Casamayor, Olympic gold medalist and one of the best lightweight boxers in modern history, and Ray Sefo, K-1 Grand Prix kickboxing legend.

As head coach, they've got the BJJ black belt Robert Follis, former head coach of Team Quest, which of course produced champs like Couture and Henderson, and contenders like Lindland and Sonnen.

Ronda's Camp - Glendale Fighting Club

As for Ronda....*sigh* ...well she's got Mr. "beautiful work, champ" Edmond.

This goofy video should tell you all about the quality of Ronda's training.

More than 5 years with Edmond, and Ronda still doesn't know how to turn her hips into a cross, looks clumsy and unbalanced when throwing simple combinations.

Ronda is a world class athlete, as her Olympic bronze attests. Everyone praises her work ethic in the gym. If after more than half a decade training striking, Ronda still looks like shit even on the most basic boxing beginner's combination (jab-cross-left hook), the problem can't be Ronda. the problem has to be her coach.

Let me leave you with this classic gif of Edmond nodding approvingly while Ronda hits the pads with no head movement, her chin stuck out as an easy target, and her feet spread too far apart for power or mobility. Check out Edmond deliberately missing the hook so that Ronda never learns how to avoid it.
tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

p.s. i know Ronda has good grappling coaches, but it's not grappling training that she so desperately needs.

KO d that betche

if Ronda goes back to her grappling roots she'll win again and maybe even beats Holm

I think it's too late for Rhonda...

She won't dump the "yes" people she has around her.

she beat tate twice with those same yes people around her. Tate looked like she had good fight iq against holly in the final round, but don't forget how fucking dumb she looked constantly clinching with rousey and getting tossed easily when she was having success striking (2nd fight)

It doesn't matter how much Ronda sucks at boxing, she'll get the clonch and take her down at some point and that's where she'll win. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This whole situation is distasteful. Rousey was 'taking time off' when Holm was champion and as soon as Miesha - the girl she finished twice - won the belt Ronda was suddenly ready to go. That kind of sickens me.

You can bet the UFC will find reasons to delay giving Holm another shot at Rousey if she regains her belt too. I can already see it.

Styles make matchups.

Against Ronda, Holly showed the way to beat Ronda by training specifically to nullify the head and arm throw, hip toss, and avoid engaging in clinches when Ronda wildly rushes in. If Ronda wasn't so hell bent on finishing, she might have found an opening at some point like Miesha did or at the very least not get her head kicked in.

But Holly had her striking skills to fall back on which kept her out of danger and capitalized on Ronda's openings. Against other opponents, Ronda eats those punches to get in close and then she's got control. But Holly knew how to stick and move at angles.

As good as Miesha is and as far as she's improved since her first loss to Ronda, she's just not a good matchup. She was getting beat by Holly in striking. And if Miesha takes Ronda down, that's pretty dangerous as well.

This whole situation is distasteful. Rousey was 'taking time off' when Holm was champion and as soon as Miesha - the girl she finished twice - won the belt Ronda was suddenly ready to go. That kind of sickens me.

You can bet the UFC will find reasons to delay giving Holm another shot at Rousey if she regains her belt too. I can already see it.

You need to pull your head out of your arse and take the tin foil hat off. You'll be a happier person.

You need to pull your head out of your arse and take the tin foil hat off. You'll be a happier person.

So Dana lied when he said he talked to Ronda after the Tate/Holm fight and she said something to the effect of "well, I guess I'm back to work" or whatever after supposedly not seeing the fight...

WY3lX.gif

It's a forum post. I don't give this crap a second thought in my day to day life. Dweebs like you get all serious about this stuff like we're not just having hypothetical discussions on the internet. Just sit back and see it that way and relax. You'll be a happier person.

If you don't want to I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to argue with you though. These days when someone tries to do that on here I just give them a pity like and give 'em the last word they're undoubtedly looking for.

So Dana lied when he said he talked to Ronda after the Tate/Holm fight and she said something to the effect of "well, I guess I'm back to work" or whatever after supposedly not seeing the fight...

WY3lX.gif

Shhh don't try to use logic on him. It'll hurt his brain.

I think your whole post is completely wrong.

There is SO MUCH about Ronda that is 100% positive!!! And you CAN knock her loyalty when it is blatantly misguided like this.

Actually you're wrong. I was talking about her loyalty in general, which you cant knock.

Just because someones loyalty might be misplaced or misguided, does not mean they lack loyalty. If anything she is overly loyal.

Which brings me back to my original point. Of all her negative attributes a lack of loyalty is not one of them.

Let's assume Meisha is going to meet Ronda in New York as planned.

Meisha's Camp - Xtreme Couture

From left: Robert Follis, Ray Sefo, Joel Casamayor

Meisha trains at Xtreme Couture, which has been revitalized in recent years. For striking, they've got freaking Joel Casamayor, Olympic gold medalist and one of the best lightweight boxers in modern history, and Ray Sefo, K-1 Grand Prix kickboxing legend.

As head coach, they've got the BJJ black belt Robert Follis, former head coach of Team Quest, which of course produced champs like Couture and Henderson, and contenders like Lindland and Sonnen.

Ronda's Camp - Glendale Fighting Club

As for Ronda....*sigh* ...well she's got Mr. "beautiful work, champ" Edmond.

This goofy video should tell you all about the quality of Ronda's training.

More than 5 years with Edmond, and Ronda still doesn't know how to turn her hips into a cross, looks clumsy and unbalanced when throwing simple combinations.

Ronda is a world class athlete, as her Olympic bronze attests. Everyone praises her work ethic in the gym. If after more than half a decade training striking, Ronda still looks like shit even on the most basic boxing beginner's combination (jab-cross-left hook), the problem can't be Ronda. the problem has to be her coach.

Let me leave you with this classic gif of Edmond nodding approvingly while Ronda hits the pads with no head movement, her chin stuck out as an easy target, and her feet spread too far apart for power or mobility. Check out Edmond deliberately missing the hook so that Ronda never learns how to avoid it.
tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

p.s. i know Ronda has good grappling coaches, but it's not grappling training that she so desperately needs.

Yeah but she's a lot stronger than Miesha, better grappler and excellent Judo. I think she'll win it. Holly's just a bad match up for RR, Tate doesn't have as good striking as is not as powerful.

You watched a different fight. Miesha was clearly better on the feet in that fight.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/315968a74789600a

134 to 28 in total strikes. Even if you only go by significant strikes she still got outstruck nearly 2 to 1, all the while getting stuffed on 2 takedowns, and thrown on her ass another 5 times on other takedown attempts.

No I think we were watching the same fight, you're just not remembering it correctly.

You watched a different fight. Miesha was clearly better on the feet in that fight.
Bullshit. Miesha got outstruck standing. Also, Miesha was more affected by Ronda's strikes than the other way around. Look their reactions when one hit the other.

Miesha's CONTINUOUS failed wild attempts for takedowns occured due to her realization that trading strikes with Ronda was not a viable option.

Sticking with Edmond is awful. Honda needs to get the Diaz bros boxing coach or some shit if she wants to challenge Holly at all BUT she kicks the balls off of Miesha with or without Edmond.

Actually you're wrong. I was talking about her loyalty in general, which you cant knock.

Just because someones loyalty might be misplaced or misguided, does not mean they lack loyalty. If anything she is overly loyal.

Which brings me back to my original point. Of all her negative attributes a lack of loyalty is not one of them.

Yah,

You said that already.

I see things very differently.

Which is why I said so.

I dont think she makes weight. Its going to be Cyborg after all.

Two things to do against Rousey.

1. Counter Punch & move. Is not a skill of Miesha.
2. Overpower her in the clinch. Don't think Miesha has that kind of strength.

Main arsenal of Tate which is wrestling will get nullified against Rousey ,as clearly Rousey has better ground game than her. Style makes fight & IMO even after that humiliating loss to Holm, Rousey beats Tate every time they face each other.
I give Meisha a big enough edge in the striking department that if she can keep it standing she could very well win. Obviously that goes against her bread and butter but what she's best at places directly into what makes Ronda so deadly. Even in dominant positions Meisha still has to worry about Ronda initiating a scramble Ronda can find her arm from damn near anywhere. There's no way around it Meisha has to keep it standing. I hope subbing Holly doesn't go to her head.

Back