Companies not replying to emails

Lion of Lebanon

White Belt
Reaction score
How hard is it to hit "reply" to an email when asking about their products that are "for sale."

Two online companies in the last week that don't have the time to answer:
Mmagearpimp (asked about their Dragao Arm Locks)
and
Fushida (emailed them about their Komodo Gi after reading Meerkatsu review)

Have to be suspicious of customer service when the basics (customer communication) are not applied.

Good luck to both of these retailers in their quest to sell products online.

How long have you waited since you sent out those emails and are you sure that you sent 'em to the right address?

If you have waited more than a few days I'd vote with my wallet and shop elsewhere.

How hard is it to hit "reply" to an email when asking about their products that are "for sale."

and

Have to be suspicious of customer service when the basics (customer communication) are not applied.

For Fushida, in my case after trying to add a belt to my order, they didnt reply for quite a few hours because their mail box was full.

Videer,

In the case of Fushida, I filled out their contact form four days ago...
Mmmagearpimp (shoulda known by the name) over a week ago...

I will do just that!
Just posting my experience for other Sherdoggers, so before they hit "place in cart," they can know about my experience with the basics i.e. email reply of customer service.

In this day and age of online retailers, there is NO excuse for that kind of apathy (Especially in this economic climate).

Vince from Shoyoroll, Nich from Grapcon, Joe from P&S have ALL been stellar in answering questions. Those BJJ retailers wil always get a shot at my business.

I ordered a Venum Gi a couple of years ago from a Chicago online retailer (emailed him a question, twice a few months later) never replied. It's telling that I can't even remember that store's name. Now, he will never get my business.

Companies spend a lot of money for an online presence...hit "reply" on an email request.
I am done doing a weighted "step up" on a soapbox...

That's a first for Fushida afaik... maybe there's something wrong with their email?

But more generally speaking, what I do is not bring my business to those who don't seem to want or need it. There's usually lots more to choose from.
Right now I'm looking at custom made mouthguards and out of 4, 3 replied and one didn't bother. Still had three to choose from and so I did. Whenever I have the opportunity, I'll plug the three that replied me and the fourth will continue to lose business. That's one way the market works.

Interesting, Fushida always answers rather promptly. Last time I contacted them was about 4 days ago and I received a response within an hour. Good luck

OTM is about the worst company on the planet, regardless of business, for this kind of thing.

Last two times I emailed Fushida, I got responses within three hours of my initial emails.

Their customer service is fantastic.

Videer,

In the case of Fushida, I filled out their contact form four days ago...
Mmmagearpimp (shoulda known by the name) over a week ago...
QUOTE]

Firstly I'd like to apologize for the no response you received.

We have had mailbox overflow issues within this last week as pointed out by another customer which could be the cause that your message might not have been received.
We will gladly look at your request if you wish and if you still interested in the Fushida product.

Once again, my sincere apologies to you for the frustration caused.

I get non-responses for interview requests all the time. Just part of the way it goes I guess.

I get non-responses for interview requests all the time. Just part of the way it goes I guess.

Heh, me too.

On the issue of poor customer services, over the long term I think companies that suck will collapse (or at least, never grow to their potential), and companies that, in the long term, offer great service as well as great products, will thrive. It's the law of market forces.
I personally use the three strikes and you're out rule. If I make contact with someone, or even as happened in the past they make the initial contact with me, and then I get no response over two further tries, then I leave it. No point getting upset, I just move on.

I think technical issues with servers and full mailboxes can be forgiven if they are unexpected, but a if they continue to occur over a few weeks then I would say that is something that really needs to be corrected as a priority. It is the frontline for any organisation and if it fails, then who knows how many countless new leads are being thrown away.

With regards to Fushida's emailing a response --I stand to be corrected!
Note to Self: Check Spam Folder!

There was their response (a few hours after my request).

I apologize to all the Fushida(istas).
I look forward to ordering from them.

Kudos to Meerkatsu's Blog, that's quite the BJJ resource!

I'm in touch at the moment with Fushida about ordering a Gi and they have been excellent with replying to questions and so on.

With regards to Fushida's emailing a response --I stand to be corrected!
Note to Self: Check Spam Folder!

There was their response (a few hours after my request).
QUOTE]

Excellent...after reading your initial post I ran through all our e-mails from 4 days ago and found none that were not responded to. Not knowing your name I was not able to cross reference.
But glad it is all sorted out now as that had me a bit concerned aswell as obviously we do not want to be tagged as "non-responsive"
Thank you for clearing it up for everyone aswell....much appreciated!!

and

Hey there,

I just noticed your post about a lack of response from our store. Please let me know what email address you used and your email address and I will look into this right away. All emails are typically responded to within 24 hours with the exception being holidays and Sundays.

Chris

Lion of Lebanon... you must be Jay? I found only one email for the past 2 weeks for Dragao anything...

For your reference, please see a copy/paste of the email correspondence below. Your email was in fact responded to by Susan the same day within an hour and a half. You may want to check your spam/bulk folders or your reply email address settings if you still cant locate it.

Subject: dragao arm lock gi
Sent: September 28, 2010 10:42:31 AM
To: [email protected]

Hello,

What size for a 5'7, 180lb, 32inch waist athletic build?

Any discount for Sherdoggers?

Thanks,
J

Sent: September 28, 2010 12:31:28 PM
To: [email protected]

Hi J,

Based on your weight and build, I would recommend an A2. An A3 would be too baggy and an A2G would be to long in the legs and sleeves.

Yes, we have a free shipping option for Sherdog members. Just enter in coupon code "SHERDOG_SHIP" at checkout.

If you have any other questions, or if you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
Susan Frier - Sales/Service
MMA Gear Pimp - MMA Gear, UFC MMA Clothing, MMA Shorts, BJJ Gi, MMA Shirts, UFC store, Fight Store in Canada

Hope this helps to clarify.

Take care
Chris

Kudos to Mmagearpimp and Fushida for taking the time to respond on this forum. i'm glad that i read all the posts, cuase i was going to avoid both of these places, but after reading the responses i was impressed with the solid customer service displayed by both of these companie. I am in the market for a Jiujitsu gi very soon and i will definately check out both of these retailers now.

This is one of the reasons we have instituted the longest hours on the net for communication.

if you ever have any questions we encourage people to call. We run hours from 7am to midnight every day. I actually noticed our webmaster had listed us as mon-fri 7am to midnight as I typed this and just sent him a note that it is to be 7 days a week 7am to midnight.

If you want to shop we want to help. And since at least one of us is up all night most nights anyway we just forward the phone to that person's cell if need be.

You can call us anytime, 877-662-2805.
I own the company and if anyone on sherdog ever wants to email me directly I welcome it. Here is my personal email - [email protected].

btw- mmagearhouse is our holding company, MMAGearZone.com is our site address for marketing purposes.

We run hours from 7am to midnight every day... 7 days a week 7am to midnight.

Wow! Now that, is service. I think a lot of companies from all sectors where I am (UK) could learn about the way online stores with your commitment to customer service in the US run their businesses. Very impressive.

Back