commercial mind reading is finally here

man meets tate

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's the $199 headband that allows you to control things using your mind.

Muse works using the same technology used in hospitals known as Electroencephalography (EEG), which records electrical activity along the scalp.

Muse is embedded with sensors that allows you to see and track your brain's activity, in the same way a heart rate monitor gives information about your physical activity. Since each thought produces a unique electromagnetic signature you can now use your mind to control games and applications on your smartphone, or control any electrical device compatible with the headband.

Once the technology is fully matured we will be able to communicate telepathically with one another as well, the possibilities are endless

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/tech/ariel-garten-muse-interaxon/index.html

with this technology we will be able to interrogate a terrorist by reading his mind, or you could share your thoughts with your girlfriend, how cool is that

I saw a show with Alan Alda recently that talks about this sort of tech. It's not even remotely close to "mind reading" an unwilling participant.

EDIT: after trying to find the episode, it looks like it may have been an older one than I thought.
EDIT2: Nope, found it. It's from this year. The show was called "Brains on Trial". The current tech has a high success rate with willing participants, but a terrible rate when they try and trick the system.

Last edited:
I saw a show with Alan Alda recently that talks about this sort of tech. It's not even remotely close to "mind reading" an unwilling participant.

EDIT: after trying to find the episode, it looks like it may have been an older one than I thought.

I bet we are pretty close to that even today, DARPA Silent Talk project has been going for a while is probably more advanced than anything commercially available right now

say you have a terrorist in Guantanamo Bay and you put a helmet on him and interrogate him for long periods of time, matching the signature of his brain to his words, after a while you should have it calibrated to the point you can read most of his thoughts without him saying anything

you'll change your tune pretty quickly once they come out with this for xbox and you start getting your ass kicked by those using their mind to control the game because their reaction time will be so much quicker, I believe this is going to be the next big thing after kinect within a decade

"If our brains were simple enough for us to understand them, we'd be so simple that we couldn't.

with this technology we will be able to interrogate a terrorist by reading his mind, or you could share your thoughts with your girlfriend, how cool is that

The last thing anyone would ever want is for the girlfriend to know what they are thinking. Like she doesn't ask enough questions as it is.

And for the record I'm more interested in your AV than the lil headband that jolts your brain.

I'm not sure how much I'm buying into this.

And do both people have to be wearing one to possibly "read minds"?

Because if not, this shit should be fucking made illegal. That's a massive invasion of privacy.

COMICAD%20xray%20glasses.JPG

Reminded me of this from South Park tonight.

[YT]SbbNf0TEh8g[/YT]

People really think this is for real ?

They are probably the same group of people that bought into Power Balance thing.

Back