Commentary or no commentary

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Iroh

The Dragon of the West
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which do you prefer when you watch MMA?

We all know commentary can be misleading and/or distracting sometimes, even annoying. However, it can also be informing and/or entertaining. So which do you prefer?

Keep in mind, no commentary is not just watching with the sound muted. It's with all sounds, except commentary.

No shame in either choice, IMO. I see the use in both ways of viewing a fight.

And yes, I know it's hard to compare, because it's basically always with commentary or muted sound, but try to use your imagination and logic. However difficult that might be.

Last edited:
I know I speak for all of Sherdog when I say that they should just have Dom and Luke Thomas doing commentary for every card tbh.

I'd have no idea when subs aren't locked in if not for the commentary telling me it's definitely locked in

Commentary. Some of the teams they have now though are pretty bland.

Now with how loud you can hear the corners yelling, the commentators are getting drowned out and you have a hard time concentrating on what either are saying

No commentary all day. I like the sounds of the fight though, so I suffer through it for the most part, but on Fight Network out here in Canada and a decent amount of older Japanese cards on Fightpass and Youtube you can get to see fights with full sound but no commentary. I truly wish there was an option to turn the PBP off so I could just watch fights and I hope one day that option is made available.

Good commentary is better than none at all but it has to be up to par. I voted none because it rarely is.

I voted commentary but really enjoyed when they shut up and listened to Strickland trash talking.

Strickland was talking waaaaayyyyy too much in there. It was just annoying. In the good ol' days, Mazzagatti would've told him to shut the fuck up.

I miss Steve...

i for 1, like the twitter comments.

Elite fans who truly understand everything about fighting dont need someone to tell them what happens.

I usually prefer commentary but sometimes I have to turn Rogan (in UFC) or Goldberg/McCarthy off.

Only casuals can be mislead by commentary a hardcore knows what he is seeing.

I always kind of scratch my head as to why people get so bent out of shape by the commentary. How much of a cynical douche do you have to be to not be able to handle the play by play and color guys?

They make some mistakes once and a while, but they all do a pretty good job for the most part. Try turning down the television and doing calling a fight, or any sporting event for that matter. It's not an easy thing to do.

Hearing the crowd, corners, and fight are a definite yes; remove the commentary entirely and it'd be perfect.

As it stands, I watch fights on mute because I can't stand the commentary.

The mute button is a must when watching Bellator. As for the UFC I really only listen to it during PPV's. Listening to any combo of Felder, Dom, Hardy, or Bisping is pretty grating during the fight night/ESPN cards.

Commentary team last night it the best combination in MMA currently. Great Value but slightly less retarded version of Mike Goldberg and humor/color of Bisping was very solid.

Back