Come join in at overreaction central

wvcruffler

Green Belt
Reaction score
OK, as an MMA who frequents Sherdog, I am supposed to overreact to every event. I'm having a tough time tonight deciding which way to go...

Cain is the "baddest man on the planet" now that he ground out a nice UD against...

JDS is no longer top 10 / he's a limited fighter / he has no cardio / will lose to Wedum

Overeem would tool both JDS and Cain, possibly at the same time

or

Jim Miller back to 1 fight from a title shot.... again

or Joe Lauzon needs a plastic surgeon.... Well, he probably does..

Costa Phillipou is 1 fight from a title shot
Leben drops from gatekeeper to opponent
Blackzillians as a team got handled tonight
What have I missed?

So true. Also:

-Jones would destroy any HWs.

-Cain is the HW GOAT.

-Cain's cardio is overated (completely ignoring his insane pace)

-Overeem future HW champ

WE NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN. THAT'S WHY THE FIGHTS NEED TO HAPPEN.

-Everyone who thought JDS will win should apologize and kill themselves.

-Anik sucks and Rogan is too biased
-Fedor would kill them both
-Okami should be regulated to fuel cards

I guess he was tired, but what was frustrating is he could have stepped back in round 2-3 and knocked or TKO it seems like he was more content to wall/stall a decision.

Was just sad because it seemed like it was just there for the taking but I guess he realized he could just sorta grind it out...

Ah well

OK, as an MMA who frequents Sherdog, I am supposed to overreact to every event. I'm having a tough time tonight deciding which way to go...

Cain is the "baddest man on the planet" now that he ground out a nice UD against...

JDS is no longer top 10 / he's a limited fighter / he has no cardio / will lose to Wedum

Overeem would tool both JDS and Cain, possibly at the same time

or

Jim Miller back to 1 fight from a title shot.... again

or Joe Lauzon needs a plastic surgeon.... Well, he probably does..

Costa Phillipou is 1 fight from a title shot
Leben drops from gatekeeper to opponent
Blackzillians as a team got handled tonight
What have I missed?

Todd Duff"Man"ee is the future of the heavyweight division...

1) Mighty Mouse would beat JDS
2) Cain will remain champ for eternity
3) Constantinos Philippou will stop Anderson, rd. 1

I guess he was tired, but what was frustrating is he could have stepped back in round 2-3 and knocked or TKO it seems like he was more content to wall/stall a decision.

Was just sad because it seemed like it was just there for the taking but I guess he realized he could just sorta grind it out...

Ah well

I don't think contentment was a factor in his decision to use the cage. It was clear to see JDS is very difficult to keep down and Cain was clearly tired from the pace set in the first 10-15 minutes. It was sensible to minimise the chances of being caught with something, while continuing the pressure and hopefully taking JDS to the point where he's too gassed to get backup and finish the fight.

What has to be said though, is how many guys could deal with that pressure and pace for 15 minutes at heavyweight? If he does that to anyone else, they'll wilt and not last the whole 25. Incredible performance from Cain, and a very gutsy performance from JDS.

Back