Come back to the early 90's with me

I never did really care for all the updates and revisions of Street Fighter though. Turbo Street Fighter 2, Championship Edition, Hyper edition, etc, all of them just felt so weird, the sped up turbo and hyper ones were like Benny Hill video game fighting. Super Street Fighter 2(1993) was cool for the new characters and that awesome intro but the gameplay just didn't have the same feel to me. I do like Street Fighter Alpha series and all of the Marvel vs Capcom games. I haven't tried any of the newer generation games yet but they look cool. For me just give me plain ole Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, the original arcade game, it's nearly perfect and probably my 2nd favorite video game that was ever made. The arcade version is the best, I have the rom on my soft modded original XBOX with a dual X-Arcade Tank Stick that I use to play it. I do like the Super Nintendo version still, as much as I love the Genesis I never did care for any of the versions of Street Fighter on the Genny.

While we are on the subject of video games my favorite game of all time was released in 1993, Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master for the Sega Genesis. It's an action platformer that kind of takes the Super Mario Bros concept to the next level, instead of plumbers, turtles, mushrooms, and princesses instead it's like X-Files and Cannon Films gave birth to a 16 bit video game. Great music too.

I bought one of these at a flea market a couple weeks ago for $100. It came with California Games. The game cartridges are really weird looking. It drains batteries empty so fast. You can turn it to left hand mode by pushing start and select. I never owned one as a kid.

I bought one of these at a flea market a couple weeks ago for $100. It came with California Games. The game cartridges are really weird looking. It drains batteries empty so fast. You can turn it to left hand mode by pushing start and select. I never owned one as a kid.

Cali games was sick, I mastered BMX, best games on Lynx were Chips challenge and the addictive Rampart

I never did really care for all the updates and revisions of Street Fighter though. Turbo Street Fighter 2, Championship Edition, Hyper edition, etc, all of them just felt so weird, the sped up turbo and hyper ones were like Benny Hill video game fighting. Super Street Fighter 2(1993) was cool for the new characters and that awesome intro but the gameplay just didn't have the same feel to me. I do like Street Fighter Alpha series and all of the Marvel vs Capcom games. I haven't tried any of the newer generation games yet but they look cool. For me just give me plain ole Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, the original arcade game, it's nearly perfect and probably my 2nd favorite video game that was ever made. The arcade version is the best, I have the rom on my soft modded original XBOX with a dual X-Arcade Tank Stick that I use to play it. I do like the Super Nintendo version still, as much as I love the Genesis I never did care for any of the versions of Street Fighter on the Genny.
Hyper Fighting/Turbo was the best one because it balanced out a lot of things. World Warrior has some pretty unbalanced design and you can't play as the "boss" characters.
The Genesis versions were great with the 6 button controller but had muted colors and sound. At least they didn't force Capcom to remove the "racist" intro like Nintendo did.

I think early 90s women's underwear is the sexiest!!
bf8e2376415ba94bd71c53f30c503ed7.jpg

75979_1992_01_vsc_wintSale_14_3_frederique_h_afx_122_567lo.jpg
Tyra is the GOAT Angel
giphy.gif

photo.jpg

I always thought she was really funny on Fresh Prince too
tyra-banks-fresh-prince-gif.gif

Hyper Fighting/Turbo was the best one because it balanced out a lot of things. World Warrior has some pretty unbalanced design and you can't play as the "boss" characters.
The Genesis versions were great with the 6 button controller but had muted colors and sound. At least they didn't force Capcom to remove the "racist" intro like Nintendo did.

Nice I love Street Fighter 2 series.

For me Champion Edition is my favorite probably because that's what I got used to.

Like @shinobimusashi I am not really a big fan of the hyper fighting not that I hate it its just I prefer the Champion Edition.

The genesis special chapmpion edition Hyper Mode has like 8 stars for the speed mode its crazy!

Hey guys do you remember the Arcade bootleg versions? Multiple Hadouken? Change characters mid fight? Hahaha

Definitely think Street Fighter was what made me so attracted to UFC, and Street Fighter really goes back to Bloodsport. Bloodsport-->Street Fighter 2-->UFC 1

I remember saving up all my change for months to try to buy Street Fighter 2 for SNES. I think I saved up like $40. We went to the store to see if I could get it and we didn't have enough, so I spent the money on a bunch of bullshit, walkie talkies, sunglasses, Gak, probably some candy. I know sometime in 1993 my parents finally got me Street Fighter 2 for Super Nintendo, it was the single greatest day of my fucking life, to have that game on your home TV to play whenever the fuck you wanted, all fucking day. What a feeling. Good times.

I can relate... I got mine for the Sega Genesis in Feb.14, 1994!

Anybody play Double Dragon 3? You could be a ninja and a kung fu dude. I remember really liking that game

503196-dd3nes5.gif

Yup and it is a bummer press start just to kick I hate that. I got the six button pad after six months!!
Try playing it on the GB with 2 buttons. :eek:

Virtual Fighter I think

I remember playing it and getting really good at learning the moves of the character in your image. I can't, for the life of me, remember who I knew that had that game though.

Last edited:
Back