combat sport hall of fame (JWP) talks about GSP vs Hendrics

Pem123

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
i know that fight was a long time ago, and everybody already over it

but just take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cao0h9FJOhk

8.00, Wayne parr talk about how UFC really "back flip" on GSP and how its not fair the way UFC treated GSP after what he done to the sports. and for me the most disturbing thing is when dana said, GSP owe it to the fans and to the UFC. GSP doesnt owe anyone anything, he has done to much for the sports.

end of the day, its over he vacant the title and probably never going back to UFC, i hope this will never happen again.

respect to JWP, if you dont know him , he is combat sport legend. fight mostly in MT rules.

sorry if this has been posted before

Is he the drunk MT guy GSP brought in for his most recent TUF season?

I think when Dana said "GSP owed" a rematch he meant as champion. If you hold that belt you have the onus to defend it or walk away, especially after a controversial match like that. People overlook that Dana said in the same breath GSP didn't have to fight anyone, but as champion he had to have that rematch. He said if GSP wanted to vacate the belt and take time off that was his right, and that was exactly how it panned out.

Is he the drunk MT guy GSP brought in for his most recent TUF season?

No that was Jean-Charles Skarbowsky. Another accomplished MT fighter.

John Wayne Parr is a 10-time world champion who helped GSP prepare for Hendricks.

One could say this makes him biased since he also is a friend of GSP. But he is a combat sports legend and very well respected.

Edit: BTW he also posts on here every once in a while.

You embeed like this

[.yt]Cao0h9FJOhk[./yt]

Just without the " . " inside the brackets.

JWP : One of the best non-Thai ( = farang ) MT fighters ever. The guy's a beast.

I think when Dana said "GSP owed" a rematch he meant as champion. If you hold that belt you have the onus to defend it or walk away, especially after a controversial match like that. People overlook that Dana said in the same breath GSP didn't have to fight anyone, but as champion he had to have that rematch. He said if GSP wanted to vacate the belt and take time off that was his right, and that was exactly how it panned out.

I remember Dana basically throwing a tantrum. He was behaving like a baby.

I agreed with Lorenzo when he said that GSP owed it to the UFC to keep them in them in the loop. That finding out your biggest star is "taking a break" when he announces it to the world is a bit much.

JWP is the man. It's awesome that he posts here sometimes too. I hope his cage/mma glove MT fighting org takes off, it's a fun concept.

That being said, I don't really agree with him about the UFC disrespecting GSP or about him 'getting the win'. He makes a really great point around 9:45 about GSP having so many different trainers and voices in his ear that it can conflict with how he fights.

You embeed like this

[.yt]Cao0h9FJOhk[./yt]

Just without the " . " inside the brackets.

JWP : One of the best non-Thai ( = farang ) MT fighters ever. The guy's a beast.

Farang : european decent

and thanks for the advise

Back