Combat Sambo vs. Bendo's wrestling.

Tibau is pretty strong but he fades quickly. Not to jump on Rogan's bandwagon that ALL muscular dudes have lil' stamina but Gleison tends to pant like a St. Bernard dog roasting under the Mexican sun right after the first round. Also, I don't see Tibau as a super wrestler either. He is strong like an ox and muscles his foes along the cage fairly easily but that's about it. Bendo is pretty darn good too so this should be a very great fights. I prefer those to those quick knock outs like T-Wood agains Kosh as it allows us to see a lot of tactical moves on the ground. Since Bendo does not have a lot of power in his strikes, chances are good we will see some ground action. In any case, these are quality fighters.

bendos got a combination of wrestling and bjj tho

even when it comes to wrestling, hes more of a scrambler than take down artist

Tibau is pretty strong but he fades quickly. Not to jump on Rogan's bandwagon that ALL muscular dudes have lil' stamina but Gleison tends to pant like a St. Bernard dog roasting under the Mexican sun right after the first round. Also, I don't see Tibau as a super wrestler either. He is strong like an ox and muscles his foes along the cage fairly easily but that's about it. Bendo is pretty darn good too so this should be a very great fights. I prefer those to those quick knock outs like T-Wood agains Kosh as it allows us to see a lot of tactical moves on the ground. Since Bendo does not have a lot of power in his strikes, chances are good we will see some ground action. In any case, these are quality fighters.

I agree. With Tibau it is more due to weight cut than his build.

Anaerobic and aerobic reserves don't have to be inverse if planned and trained strategically.

Well you can also look at his scrambling in fights and tell where his base in grappling is.

Here is Bendo competing at the highest levels of nogi in the 2013 ADCC:

WelloffUnknownBluebreastedkookaburra.gif

Clearly winding up with back control off getting body slammed is typical bjj.

Are you sure about that? And that's an honest question not a smart-ass rhetorical one. I just seem to remember Ben competing in the nogi mundials or pan ams at the purple belt level or maybe brown belt level and doing well. Did he actually do well at the black belt/world level ADCC and do well?

pretty epic that he got it with the RNC, even though it was set up more off strikes. Still, cool match up and cool fight.

Back