• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Combat Jiu Jitsu on EBI

Did anyone get the shit slapped out of them? You would think CJJ would make for awesome gifs.

Is this the one where you can bitchslap people in the guard?

I dont see the point of it. It doesnt give you an advantage because slapping doesnt hurt,

A palm strike certainly would

I thought it was great and the fact that it keeps you honest in certain positions makes it more fun to watch for me personally. People need to up their slap game tho, hire Bas Rutten as a coach and knock some fools out.

I dont see the point of it. It doesnt give you an advantage because slapping doesnt hurt,
Well to be fair there were some escapes that were caused by the bitch slaps. Anyway you can get knocked out with a slap done properly.

I thought it was interesting, I wouldn't have watched EBI otherwise.

You could see Eddie's disappointed look when his guy lost the CJJ match. I mean, afterall, strikes are why the rubber guard was invented. There was a moment where Bravo's guy almost did the RG justice, but alas, the bitch slapping couldn't be contained.

Ever get slapped directly on the ear? That shit hurts.

you can pull the hand back and hit with the wrist. definitely not weak

Im a believer. I think the fact of no strikes while standing actually helped get to the action faster; whereas in MMA even experienced fighters are a lot more hesitant around each other, and tend to game plan in such a way to avoid each others strong areas as much as possible.

Hard to explain but it just had a lot different feel too it than either MMA or regular grappling.

Last edited:
Let me try to "slap" (palm strike / heel hand) you from guard or side control I might throw in some ridgehands (open hammer fists) if I want to test the limit of the "open hand" rule. :D

See if you think it is weak then. :D

Has Joe mentioned the event at all in recent podcasts?

Back